What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Lunardi- bracketology

I would be ecstatic to just make the tourney with our youth, lack of leadership and little depth. We only go 5-6 deep, and our best players minus Roberson are sophomores, frosh, reshirting right now, and incoming freshmen next year. We only have three guys that can consistently give us offensive performance: Scott, Dinwiddie, and Booker.

I like X Johnson's potential, but he still is going through his freshmen ups and downs. Booker is not an efficient player. Dinwiddie and Scott should be shooting the ball more considering how much better they are at shooting than anyone else on the team.

Roberson should NOT be playing the wing. He's at his best when he is crashing the boards, putbacks, running the floor, etc.

I don't care what seed either. Making the tourney is ALWAYS better than the NIT.

Last edited:
Still not sure I buy that they're ever going to really "click", but certainly the possibility is there. Assuming they continue to hover in the 7 seed range (and that's quite likely) that's going to be one rough "Third" Round matchup for a 2 seed.

I dunno if they are going to click either. But they could click in any game and would be a really formidable opponent that could beat just about anyone. When they are on, they are on.

So I know lunardi's bracket means absolutely nothing but his bracket as of 2/8 would be amazing. Buffs as a 10 seed in SLC against 7 seed NC State. #2 is Gonzaga #3 is Ohio State and #1 is Zona in the L.A. bracket

So I know lunardi's bracket means absolutely nothing but his bracket as of 2/8 would be amazing. Buffs as a 10 seed in SLC against 7 seed NC State. #2 is Gonzaga #3 is Ohio State and #1 is Zona in the L.A. bracket

A bit surprised to see him having Stanford and Washington in his 'Next Four Out', I guess perhaps Stanford...maybe, but not sure a 13-10 Washington team that is losing game after game deserves to be there.

And LMAO at the error that has Arizona as one of his 'Last Four In' , yes I know it's supposed to be ASU.

Last edited:
A bit surprised to see him having Stanford and Washington in his 'Next Four Out', I guess perhaps Stanford...maybe, but not sure a 13-10 Washington team that is losing game after game deserves to be there.

And LMAO at the error that has Arizona as one of his 'Last Four In' , yes I know it's supposed to be ASU.

Watching the end of that UCLA-Washington game, the Huskies almost seem resigned to the fact that their season is going down the tubes. Players, coaches, everyone.

Watching the end of that UCLA-Washington game, the Huskies almost seem resigned to the fact that their season is going down the tubes. Players, coaches, everyone.

Plus there are rumors that CJ Wilcox is fighting the beginning of a stress fracture in his foot.

Palm's most recent bracketology has the Buffs a 9 seed facing Mizzou in Philadelphia. Aside from that allowing be to go to the game, there's little upside to that. Let's finish strong down the stretch and get the hell out of this 8/9 territory. Terrible place to be.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/bracketology

Unless Arizona is given a 1-seed.

Edit: I'd actually take the 8/9 or 7/10 in the West if it means Zona or Zags in the 2nd round. Both are beatable and it's not like any 2nd round opponent isn't going to be v.good to great team. Generally, though, I'd much rather avoid the 7-10 seeds.

Can't play AZ in second round unless there are nine teams from conference that make tournament. Committee is instructed to not bracket conference opponents until regional final or round of 16 is possible. Whenever possible they are to avoid regular season and prior year NCAA tournament rematches in first or second round also.

Can't play AZ in second round unless there are nine teams from conference that make tournament. Committee is instructed to not bracket conference opponents until regional final or round of 16 is possible. Whenever possible they are to avoid regular season and prior year NCAA tournament rematches in first or second round also.

Should have clarified -- meant a dream for ANY 8/9 who would have Arizona as a 1 in their bracket...although Arizona isn't going to be a 1.

want the 5 or 6 seed. Just get away from that 8-9 area. I would rather not play the 1 seed in the second round. It is kinda crazy we are worried about seeding right now... how far we have come

Rep for bringing the info. Nicely done.

want the 5 or 6 seed. Just get away from that 8-9 area. I would rather not play the 1 seed in the second round. It is kinda crazy we are worried about seeding right now... how far we have come

Out of the top 3 seeds, 6 is my favorite for how it sets up. 5 isn't bad, but that 5/12 matchup is downright nasty each and every year. I remember when a very solid Virginia team encountered a relative newbie named Gonzaga in that 5/12 matchup in 2001...

I think Az ends up on the 3 line. Including Thursday they are not done losing this season. Hoping CU can play off the 8/9 line.

okay, I'm not a math major, but ......

as a 6, you get the 11...then the 3, then the 2...basically, you avoid the 1 seed for a long, long time. The 6 route is by far the easiest path for an underdog to go really deep.

As a 7, you then have to face a 2 seed already in the next round

8/9, you face the 1 seed in the next round

Even as a 4/5, you're looking at facing the 1 seed in the Sweet 16, as opposed to the 6 seed who would only meet the 1 seed in the Elite 8

a 10 seed now in the South Bracket. Playing #7 North Carolina State in Lexington, KY. Florida is the #2 seed. #1 is Michigan.

Does anyone here think it is possible (assuming we win out) for us to get up to a 4 or 5 seed? That seems to be the optimum spot for us I would think.

a 10 seed now in the South Bracket. Playing #7 North Carolina State in Lexington, KY. Florida is the #2 seed. #1 is Michigan.

Does anyone here think it is possible (assuming we win out) for us to get up to a 4 or 5 seed? That seems to be the optimum spot for us I would think.

Whatever needs to be done to avoid Florida or Miami in the 2nd(3rd) round. I think those are the two best teams in the country right now.

Probably depends on who we would play in the tournament. If we play the top teams in the tourney and win, it would definitely help our chances. Like playing Oregon, then UCLA then Arizona in the championship or something I think we'd have a shot.

Glockner is pitting us against Missouri in Philly, 2nd round v Syracuse or Florida Gulf Coast

Palm's most recent bracketology has the Buffs a 9 seed facing Mizzou in Philadelphia. Aside from that allowing be to go to the game, there's little upside to that. Let's finish strong down the stretch and get the hell out of this 8/9 territory. Terrible place to be.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/bracketology

If I had to pick one 'bracketologist,' it'd be Palm...... by a mile.

7 seed may take winning out at home, another road win @Stan/Cal, and getting a win in the conf. tourney. Very doable.

If I had to pick one 'bracketologist,' it'd be Palm...... by a mile.

7 seed may take winning out at home, another road win @Stan/Cal, and getting a win in the conf. tourney. Very doable.

I agree for seeding. It's hard to go against Lunardi for predicting the bubble, though. He's been really good.

Back