What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Machete Wielding Man Apprehended in Champions Center

I work in the UMC in the kitchen right next to the Glenn Miller Ballroom. They were having a career fair today, so there were probably 2000 people split between the terrace with the tent, the ballroom and aspen room. All of the sudden everyone started sprinting towards exits.

Some coworkers ran back toward our kitchen so we all just locked ourselves in our office and that's when someone said it was a shooter. I didn't hear any shots, but some people I talked to when we were all waiting around outside after said they did. We stayed locked in our office for 45ish minutes before we called the police again and they came and had us run out of the building with our hands up. Lots of armed police in the building clearing rooms. I hung out for a bit until I heard the UMC was going to be closed for the day and walked home. It was pretty terrifying, but I honestly don't know if there was a shooter.

I work in the UMC in the kitchen right next to the Glenn Miller Ballroom. They were having a career fair today, so there were probably 2000 people split between the terrace with the tent, the ballroom and aspen room. All of the sudden everyone started sprinting towards exits.

Some coworkers ran back toward our kitchen so we all just locked ourselves in our office and that's when someone said it was a shooter. I didn't hear any shots, but some people I talked to when we were all waiting around outside after said they did. We stayed locked in our office for 45ish minutes before we called the police again and they came and had us run out of the building with our hands up. Lots of armed police in the building clearing rooms. I hung out for a bit until I heard the UMC was going to be closed for the day and walked home. It was pretty terrifying, but I honestly don't know if there was a shooter.
Wow. Sh*t got real.

I guess MM was on Jim Rome's show this morning:

Colorado coach Mike MacIntyre told the Jim Rome Show his team was on the practice field when the incident occurred.

“We were on the practice field, fortunately,” MacIntyre said. “He was in our building. I don’t know all the details of it at all. I’m still on lockdown as I talk to you. We’re not allowed to go up into our building. I’m on the first floor. We were at practice. It didn’t affect any of that. Our young men have just left the room, and we can leave here in a little bit. It’s still in the middle of it, so to speak.

“But our protocol and everything worked exactly like it should. All of our athletes, all of our employees are safe. It was really a scary situation, no doubt.”

MacIntyre said there were other football employees in the building when the man entered. He said the coaches were made aware of the incident and to stay where they were.

“The first thing that went through my mind when I heard, I was in the middle of practice, they called down and said we couldn’t leave practice and just to keep going,” MacIntyre said. “All the ambulances and stuff were going by. My first reaction was that I hope everyone’s safe in our building. We still had employees in the building, especially the football employees working our recruiting, all the different aspects.

“All of them are OK. I was very concerned and made sure everyone was safe and OK. Everyone is, so that’s very good.”

Athletic director Rick George announced shortly after the incident that no one other than the machete-wielding man was injured.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/m...g-colorado-athletic-department-163932643.html

722aa0ffd8bb46fc5b6f126979083a7c.jpg

s-l225.jpg

Especially interesting when contrasted with your signature line.

EDIT: Also, I just showed this to my girlfriend. She says she misses rep.

kinda what I was thinking. Sad that a brand new building (finally! A Nice Thing!) and boom someone killed in it. When was the last time someone was killed on Boulder Campus??

It wasn't long ago when the dead killed it on campus.

DeadCo-Boulder-Dyptich-final.jpg

Weird man, same thing happened at my son's school today. They called about it. Turned out to be not a big deal but damn.

Back