What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Manti Te'o's Dead Girlfriend Did Not Exist - Hoax!

Whatever point you were making in your "question": What is ND's cultural history when it comes to students having deep and profound emotional and spiritual long term relationships with people who are dead and/or imaginary?

Easy answer. Kalbuff provided a rather long entry about Notre Dame and their long history of being persecuted. My question was a followup to Kalbuff's topic.

I was careful to word my question as specific to Notre Dame and not any other scholastic or religious populations.

Notre Dame is unique in the sense of backing Manti Te'o. Their Athletic Director Swarbrick's emotionally charged press conference described Manti Te'o as the "single most trusting person [he has] ever met." That is saying a lot.

I also point out that ND's mascot is a leprechan, which is also an imaginary creature, just like Lenay Kakua.

There might be other noteworthy cases of relationships with the dead and or imaginary people that is relevant to this bizarre story.

It would be interesting to flush that out.

Easy answer. Kalbuff provided a rather long entry about Notre Dame and their long history of being persecuted. My question was a followup to Kalbuff's topic.

I was careful to word my question as specific to Notre Dame and not any other scholastic or religious populations.

Notre Dame is unique in the sense of backing Manti Te'o. Their Athletic Director Swarbrick's emotionally charged press conference described Manti Te'o as the "single most trusting person [he has] ever met." That is saying a lot.

I also point out that ND's mascot is a leprechan, which is also an imaginary creature, just like Lenay Kakua.

There might be other noteworthy cases of relationships with the dead and or imaginary people that is relevant to this bizarre story.

It would be interesting to flush that out.

Jesus Christ, Skiddy.

I was offended you didn't capitalize. Do I need to add something about Zeus' Beard or anything?
No. Although Zeus did hate helicopters. They ruined his hair and couldn't handle a thunderstorm.

Jesus Christ, Skiddy.

You embarrass me.

Out of respect to Walter White and whatever axe he may want to grind, go ahead and strike Skiddy from your list and add:

Ahura Mazda
Babalú
Bahá u' lláh
Brahma
Buddah Siddhartha Gautama
Cernunos
Crone
Dawud
Guru Nanak
Haile Selassie I
Herne
Ibrahim
Jehovah
Joseph Smith
Kami
L Ron Hubbard
Laksmi
Lao Tsu
Mahavira
Moses
Muhammad
Ochún
Olodumare
Thetan
Shiva
Vishau
Zoroaster
The pantheons of Egypt, Rome, Greece, Norse, Celt, and others.

The multitude of native American (north, central and south) African, Australian, Indonesian, Eurasian, Micronesian, Polynesian, Oceanic, Carribean, Arctic, and Antarctic dieties.

Central figures in cults and secret societies,

10,000 plus catholic saints plus saints and angels from any Christian and non-christian faiths,

Tim Tebow

And all terrestrial and planetary religious and spiritual figures who were unintentionally not specified herein, but otherwise known or spoken within the Notre Dame community, but left out due to resource and other practical considerations.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hilarious. That chick is WAY hotter then the he/she that was actually hoaxing him.

Would suck to be one of the girls ranked after her though. How do you lose to a nonexistent chic?

Once you get beyond the top 40 of the Maxim list, I recognized at most 15 more through #100. I must be getting old.

Back