What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

MBB: @ Iowa State Game Notes & Game Thread

Damn... I really wanted this one.

And with a healthy Burks you have to think they would have had it.

It's always something. Like Jimmy said, the Charlie Brown of basketball programs. They're so much better than they were when Buzz arrived, but that hump they need to get over is starting to look like Kilimanjaro...

And with a healthy Burks you have to think they would have had it.

It's always something. Like Jimmy said, the Charlie Brown of basketball programs. They're so much better than they were when Buzz arrived, but that hump they need to get over is starting to look like Kilimanjaro...

Hold up, in defense of the Buffs, Kilimanjaro is the easiest of the of Seven Summits. Just sayin'...

bzzz acknowledged in the post-game that we are lacking in the bigs...and that he is actively recruiting for that. good game but a tough loss... i thought we had a good chance to pull it out in spite of the loss of Burks.

you still have to respect the heart and potential of this team. we need to fill the seats vs ku...

:gobuffs:

I hope Burks is ok.

No doubt we win that game if he plays. Hell, we lost by 1 flippin' point. We win that game if Hornbuckle plays. :pissed:

What's the word on Burks? Saw the earlier post, but hope there might be more current info.

On Rivals, they were saying that Burks heard a "pop", which scares me. But the announcers supposedly reported no ligament damage.

Does this count as our eighth moral victory of the year, or just another loss?

how do you think bz would answer that question?

One of the things I like very much about Bzdelik is that to him, there are no moral victories. The problem, of course, is that they don't get many opportunities to win actual games. This was probably their best shot at a road conference victory - gone. *ebraska remains a possibility, but ISU lost at home to Northern Iowa (or some directional Iowa school) this year. You can't let these get away, and they did. It's more of the same. I would like very much to see CU basketball be successful, but I won't ever get my hopes up.

One of the things I like very much about Bzdelik is that to him, there are no moral victories. The problem, of course, is that they don't get many opportunities to win actual games. This was probably their best shot at a road conference victory - gone. *ebraska remains a possibility, but ISU lost at home to Northern Iowa (or some directional Iowa school) this year. You can't let these get away, and they did. It's more of the same. I would like very much to see CU basketball be successful, but I won't ever get my hopes up.

No excuses for continuing to lose road games, but Northern Iowa is actually a pretty damn good team. They are top 20 in the RPI and are going to be a tough out in the NCAA tournament.

Hold up, in defense of the Buffs, Kilimanjaro is the easiest of the of Seven Summits. Just sayin'...

Yeah, that one's a cinch. I think we'll bag it. It'll be the tourney for this team next year, so long as we can find someone who can secure the paint. Any 7 footer who wants some future NBA time should take note of what Coach Bz has got going in Boulder..

No excuses for continuing to lose road games, but Northern Iowa is actually a pretty damn good team. They are top 20 in the RPI and are going to be a tough out in the NCAA tournament.

And herein lies the problem. We're sitting here talking up Northern Iowa. There's no way in HELL that Northern Iowa should have a better basketball team than CU. It should never happen. Ever. CU has more resources, better facilities, stronger alumni base, better conference affiliation, more fertile recruiting ground, the list goes on. It should never happen, but here we are.

And herein lies the problem. We're sitting here talking up Northern Iowa. There's no way in HELL that Northern Iowa should have a better basketball team than CU. It should never happen. Ever. CU has more resources, better facilities, stronger alumni base, better conference affiliation, more fertile recruiting ground, the list goes on. It should never happen, but here we are.

Are you talking about basketball, or football :cry:? Your comments apply to both sports...

Any team that is good enough to win the MVC is probably going to be better than CU in a given year. Has a lot less to with CU and a whole lot more to do with how good the MVC has been over the past 5-7 years.

Any team that is good enough to win the MVC is probably going to be better than CU in a given year. Has a lot less to with CU and a whole lot more to do with how good the MVC has been over the past 5-7 years.

Dude, it's NORTHERN freaking IOWA. Not Iowa. Not even Iowa State.

Drake is in Iowa, too.

Dude, it's NORTHERN freaking IOWA. Not Iowa. Not even Iowa State.

Drake is in Iowa, too.

You did not address my post at all. Do you watch MVC b-ball at all? If you did, I think you would understand what I am talking about when I say any team good enough to win that conference in a given year is most likely going to be better than CU.

I hope Burks is ok.

No doubt we win that game if he plays. Hell, we lost by 1 flippin' point. We win that game if Hornbuckle plays. :pissed:

Agreed. Probably by 10 pts. I know he's had an MRI today, I hope everything is positive

CU is awfully close here.

I still feel, that is if Burks plays, they'll win 4 of the last 5 home games (Mizzou, OU, Iowa State, & Texas Tech), and that they'll finally get that road win (@ Neb), just got a feeling about it, have all season.

The Buffs can get to 7-9 in the conference and that would be a HUGE step in the right direction.

The Buffs can get to 7-9 in the conference and that would be a HUGE step in the right direction.

I'd be damn happy if we could go 5-11 in Big 12 play. That would give us a .500 regular season and a good opportunity to win a game in the B12 tourney (top 4 teams get byes, so we'd be playing a team that finished between 5th and 12th).

Ill answer your post BB. The MVC isnt exactly the ACC or Big East. I know I havent watched them, which i have, and im full of crap. The whole point is CU should be at a higher level.

I'd be damn happy if we could go 5-11 in Big 12 play. That would give us a .500 regular season and a good opportunity to win a game in the B12 tourney (top 4 teams get byes, so we'd be playing a team that finished between 5th and 12th).

agreed - I'd be happy I guess with 5 wins, but I still want that 6th or 7th win that I was hoping/predicting.

This ISU loss hurts a lot in my opinion. The Big 12 is the strongest conference in the country in my opinion - everyone points to the Big East, but I think from top to bottom, Big 12 is strongest. With that said, ISU while is no slouch, they are along with Nebraska a team that CU needs to be beat. They are teams that are games we should win - and we need to do that.

I really hope Burks gets good health during his CU career...

Ill answer your post BB. The MVC isnt exactly the ACC or Big East. I know I havent watched them, which i have, and im full of crap. The whole point is CU should be at a higher level.

No, they're not anywhere near the conference the ACC or Big East is, and nobody was saying it was. But what he was saying is that the top team in the MVC more often than not a better team than CU is. The MVC champ has reached the Sweet 16 twice in the last 4 years, and in one of those years they had 2 teams make the Sweet 16, so it's safe to say that the MVC's top team would at least be a middle of the road Big 12 team, and that's typically better than what CU is.

No, they're not anywhere near the conference the ACC or Big East is, and nobody was saying it was. But what he was saying is that the top team in the MVC more often than not a better team than CU is. The MVC champ has reached the Sweet 16 twice in the last 4 years, and in one of those years they had 2 teams make the Sweet 16, so it's safe to say that the MVC's top team would at least be a middle of the road Big 12 team, and that's typically better than what CU is.

Correct. That is exactly what I was saying. Generally, the MVC's top team is going to be pretty damn good. They do not have the depth of the major conferences, but to simply write off teams like Northern Iowa because they are directional school is unfair.

I understand what he was saying, what Im saying is CU should be better than that. Damn this school has alot of work to do in alot of areas. I mention ACC and here comes CarolinaBuff lol. What shade of blue do you prefer?

Back