What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mel Tucker leaves CU for Michigan State

Were the 3 radio shows just mel working the Colorado rubes, to get the msu bid higher? RG should call out his hypocrisy and outright lies. Be nice if espn and some others joined in.

that's the problem: it's business, not sports: contracts, one's word and honor no longer exist. paying players will aggravate this. how can anyone respect tucker as a man? 3 times Tuesday he was on Denver radio saying wasn't leaving. F' tucker in the arse. Roll Tad! Does this mean signed recruits can decommit? how many kids did mel lie to?
To be fair, Dantonio hadn’t quit when Mel signed all the kids. I think Mel was speaking what he felt was the truth then. And let’s be honest. At an extra 2.7-3 mill a year for probably five years, even if he bombs he’s set for life.

As mad as I was about this, this comes down to Larry Ficking Scott and the hole he is putting the PAC 12 in. The Big 10 or SEC ever come calling, we have to go. Don’t care about great destinations for games. The PAC will kill CU football forever if something doesn’t change, and change fast. We can’t compete financially. We are closer to the Mountain West right now than the Big 10 or SEC.

Holy ****ing ****. I just woke up and am in total shock. **** Mel Tucker. For now on he shall be named Mel ****er or heck he shall be never named again. There is a special place in hell reserved for that lying, greedy piece of ****. He is what's wrong in sports.
CU can't have good things.

The only way CU comes out on top is if they were hire Troy Calhoun from AFA. That dude can coach! But he won’t leave the Falcons.
This is the first thing I saw this morning when I woke up, and my whole day is ruined.
To be honest, if a competing company were to offer me twice my salary, I’d leave as well. But I’d tell my employer they could match and save me.
Wonder if CU has that option?

Lets slow down just a little. Theres some solid talent on this team! Of course we have to see after attrition BUT dont count them out yet.
It’s not the talent or kids I’m worried about. What does this say about ones character and poise to stand up and keep your integrity?... Today is a sad day for all, not just buffs and it’s fans, but for the future of a once proud program

The only way CU comes out on top is if they were hire Troy Calhoun from AFA. That dude can coach! But he won’t leave the Falcons.
This is the first thing I saw this morning when I woke up, and my whole day is ruined.
To be honest, if a competing company were to offer me twice my salary, I’d leave as well. But I’d tell my employer they could match and save me.
Wonder if CU has that option?
There is no way CU could come close to a top 15 coaching salary in the nation right now. So that doesn’t really matter.

To be fair, Dantonio hadn’t quit when Mel signed all the kids. I think Mel was speaking what he felt was the truth then. And let’s be honest. At an extra 2.7-3 mill a year for probably five years, even if he bombs he’s set for life.

As mad as I was about this, this comes down to Larry Ficking Scott and the hole he is putting the PAC 12 in. The Big 10 or SEC ever come calling, we have to go. Don’t care about great destinations for games. The PAC will kill CU football forever if something doesn’t change, and change fast. We can’t compete financially. We are closer to the Mountain West right now than the Big 10 or SEC.

Even if the PAC was more competitive financially i don’t think we make Tucker one of the 12 highest paid coaches in the nation after one losing season.

Something thats crazy to me is that (i saw this on twitter no idea if its true but im rolling with it) that mel will be the 12th highest paid HC but he has only been a HC for 1 year and had a losing season on a team that actually had some solid talent. Now i will say im salty as hell right now i think all of us felt this thing genuinely turning around but MSU is putting a weiner ton of faith in Mel throwing that kind of money at him.

Something thats crazy to me is that (i saw this on twitter no idea if its true but im rolling with it) that mel will be the 12th highest paid HC but he has only been a HC for 1 year and had a losing season on a team that actually had some solid talent. Now i will say im salty as hell right now i think all of us felt this thing genuinely turning around but MSU is putting a weiner ton of faith in Mel throwing that kind of money at him.
Very insightful

What are the odds we can avoid the max exodus of recruits? I have already seen EB name come up on twitter. Can’t imagine that reconciling ever happening

EB is not coming here. Ignoring the way things ended last time, which you shouldn’t, he wants to be an NFL head coach. Why would he risk that trajectory to take over a middle of the road, at best, college program?

We get to choose from:

P5 assistants or G5 HCs who didn’t get one of the many jobs available over the last three months. Yay!

Definitely a desperate move on their part. Tucker certainly exudes the veneer of a successful coach, but he's never actually proven the successful part.

EB is not coming here. Ignoring the way things ended last time, which you shouldn’t, he wants to be an NFL head coach. Why would he risk that trajectory to take over a middle of the road, at best, college program?

We get to choose from:

P5 assistants or G5 HCs who didn’t get one of the many jobs available over the last three months. Yay!
Or an interim. I bet there’s a 50% chance Barnett or Chev get a 1 year interim deal

Back