What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mike MacIntyre officially fired effective immediately

Dr5tkYzVYAAYdFX.jpg:large

it is like you used the same size font as my grandma's crossword puzzles.

Statement from Colorado AD Rick George on Mike MacIntyre report: “We do not comment on speculation or unsubstantiated rumors with anonymous sources. Let me just say I have made no decisions regarding the future of the football program.”

That right there is part of the problem with sustaining a winning tradition at CU.
Put on the Big Boy pants, own it and do something.

So RG is really going to say that and then turn around and announce it on Sunday or the day after Cal? Pointless.

not pointless. they'll get the deal done (at a high level) hopefully with the replacement in the interim. and, a likely loss to utah will reinforce the course of action. and, mm is a good man and he'll get to coach his players on senior day.

Statement from Colorado AD Rick George on Mike MacIntyre report: “We do not comment on speculation or unsubstantiated rumors with anonymous sources. Let me just say I have made no decisions regarding the future of the football program.”

That right there is part of the problem with sustaining a winning tradition at CU.
Loosely translated as: "We're in contract negotiations and as soon as we get the details ironed out, we'll be ready to make an announcement."

So RG is really going to say that and then turn around and announce it on Sunday or the day after Cal? Pointless.
Letting MM finish out coaching his son, who has been an absolute warrior for CU is not pointless. CU gains nothing from firing him today. Basically, he is fired but we are allowing him to continue coaching on an interim basis.

If he is still the head coach on 11/27, ill be concerned.

Letting MM finish out coaching his son, who has been an absolute warrior for CU is not pointless. CU gains nothing from firing him today. Basically, he is fired but we are allowing him to continue coaching on an interim basis.

If he is still the head coach on 11/27, ill be concerned.
Toothpaste is out of the tube already. He can still finish out the season coaching his son, regardless, of all that.

Lost in all this is the distraction factor for the team this week. I'm going in big on Utah -7. Formal statement saying yes he's gone and they probably go out and win one for him Saturday. With things being in limbo, their heads ought to be swimming. Cash money, ya'll.

I am seeing it on all major media sources now. It has to be true? So what do the other coaches do in a situation like this? Do they rally behind HCMM? or the team? or are they making contact with future possible landing spots?
I will say one thing, if there was a chance of winning 1 or maybe the last 2 games? It is not happening now. There is way to many major distractions now. Hell, I can't even get any work done.

Lost in all this is the distraction factor for the team this week. I'm going in big on Utah -7. Formal statement saying yes he's gone and they probably go out and win one for him Saturday. With things being in limbo, their heads ought to be swimming. Cash money, ya'll.
Don't forget that there are several verbal commitments who right now are probably wondering what the hell they are going to do.

Lol. Probably means exactly what a few of us have said already today-The decision has been made by one or both sides to move on-and they wanted to do this in a way that didn't distract from Senior Day this weekend. Mike MacIntyre is a good man who has restored what was the worst program in the power 5 back to respectability, and we're a lot better off now than where we were when he got here. I don't have a problem with letting him coach the last two games and in a bowl if we get to one-his kid is a senior, and (more importantly) there's no Brian Cabral type on staff right now (the bulk of these guys-Chev is the only guy who I WANT to keep, and that's as a WR coach/recruiting coordinator) who we can count on to keep things afloat for the rest of the season. Assuming his run here is done after this year (and after this report I'd be shocked if he stays), the most important thing is ensuring we have a coach by 12/10 (ideally a bit earlier) to ensure we're ready for the early signing period.

Don't forget that there are several verbal commitments who right now are probably wondering what the hell they are going to do.
More than you know. The ones I know want this handled quickly either way. Not happy about things being in limbo. The Athletic Dept needs to make decision and an announcement ASAP.

Back