What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Moore Out At Wazzu

If USC would have been healthy last year, they would have been my sleeper pick to win the conference.

They should be looked at as a Dance bubble team heading into this season.

I love it when other conference teams are talked about in a sense of how much better they will be. It's great to think that the press and the other teams will be believing the X team will be improved, or Y team will be a surprize, or Z will be a sleeper.

All the while, that chip on the shoulder of my beloved Buffs continues to grow. Hell, that piece of wood is about the size of a redwood stump, right about now.

Roll Tad!

Surprised he's 6th on the team, but I will point out that Capers, Aden & Enquist are all seniors. So with the loss of Moore, they're down to only two of their top 6 players returning. Moore was 58th in the nation in assist rate and had a good rate of getting to the free throw line. If nothing else, he opened things up for Motum. Now, who's going to do that? Lacy?

CougCenter is under the assumption it is going to be KU transfer Royce Woolridge.

The man who finds his way to the top of the podium is Royce Woolridge. He sat out last season per NCAA transfer rules after making the journey from the flat, wheat covered lands of Kansas to the rolling, wheat covered hills of the Palouse. With Moore gone, Woolridge is now the team's best ball handler and although it remains to be seen how effective he'll be scoring, he's the best option the Cougars have to run the point

If USC would have been healthy last year, they would have been my sleeper pick to win the conference.

They should be looked at as a Dance bubble team heading into this season.

If that's the case, it would be the biggest turnaround in the history of the Pac. Tony Bennett posted a massive improvement at Wazzu taking them to the second round of the Dance after taking the reigns from his father, but even that bad previous Dick Bennett team that won like 11 games was leaps and bounds more competitive than USC was last season.

Biggest questions for me is how a team loaded with transfers gels, where the rebounding comes from, and if JT Terrell proves himself to be a consistent stud. Dedmon is going to have to pick it up on the glass big time, because Renaldo Woolridge doesn't rebound (or score....or actually particularly do anything). Still think this is ~15 win team.

Still think this is ~15 win team.

Where are they going to get 15 wins?

Sorry, I know I'm not a basketball genius and I don't follow it as much as a lot of other guys around here, but I just can't fathom USC being anything other than mediocre. Mediocre would be a drastic improvement for them, too.

Where are they going to get 15 wins?

Sorry, I know I'm not a basketball genius and I don't follow it as much as a lot of other guys around here, but I just can't fathom USC being anything other than mediocre. Mediocre would be a drastic improvement for them, too.

Well 15 wins would essentially be the spot on definition of mediocre. I think they'll get 8-9 wins OOC and 6-7 wins in the Pac.

http://www.usctrojans.com/sports/m-baskbl/sched/usc-m-baskbl-sched.html

That's a pretty difficult OOC schedule, though.

Back