What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Naming rights for CSU's new stadium - ideas?

We can't end the thread, because somehow not everybody on Allbuffs is convinced that soccer sucks.
Soccer rules, you close minded italian loving fool!

Also, the thread must go on until everyone agrees that helicopters (and their pilots) are ugly and retarded.

Soccer rules, you close minded italian loving fool!

Also, the thread must go on until everyone agrees that helicopters (and their pilots) are ugly and retarded.

That shouldn't be too diffucult. In fact, I think it can be proven empirically.

That shouldn't be too diffucult. In fact, I think it can be proven empirically.

I don't believe that you can convince me that helicopters are ugly or retarded. I think they get ****ed over by association with their drivers.... :huh:

airwolf0.jpg

Pat Stryker

FORT COLLINS — A day after Colorado State University president Tony Frank issued a statement supporting construction of a $250 million on-campus football stadium, one of the school's biggest athletic-department donors said she isn't sure she will financially contribute to the project.

Read more:Pat Stryker "not committed" to help fund new Colorado State stadium - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpost.com/breakingn...ommitted-help-fund-new-colorado#ixzz28BNVngro
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

Pat Stryker

[/FONT]

Apparently someone forgot to tell someone about the big announcement. Or someone was trying to push somebody, and their bluff was called. We'll see how this plays out.

Also saw this on Ramnation

I am trying to figure out in my mind what this might look like. Maybe
something like

$40M for naming rights
$75M from the 1%'ers
$25M from 10,000 people like me that will swing a $500 to $5K
donation?

Is it reasonable to hope for more than $75M from the folks with really
deep pockets?
Is it reasonable to hope for more than 10,000 to give in that $500-5K
bucket?

I'm interested in hearing folks perspectives on how we might get to the
number we need.

I think it'll take them a lot of work, but I'm behind them 100%!!

$40 million for naming rights? Is there an emoticon of a smiley laughing so hard his head explodes?

[/FONT][/COLOR]

So they can't hardly get 20k people to even come to a game, but 10k are going to pony up $500+ for the stadium campaign??

Good luck with that.... :lol:

And if Stryker really has gotten over Macho Grande and bailed on donating to the stadium campaign, they'll need a bit of a miracle to get $75 million from "the 1%ers".... :huh:

$40 million for naming rights? Is there an emoticon of a smiley laughing so hard his head explodes?

That's where I'm at also. If we could get $40MM for selling naming rights to Folsom, it would have happened yesterday.

Didn't anybody tell Pat Stryker that McIlwain has a MNC and the goats won their Super Bowl?

[/FONT][/COLOR]

They want 10,000 people to donate between $500 and $5,000. By the end of last season they had trouble finding 10,000 people willing to buy a ticket.

Talk about completely delusional. I also wonder who their 1%ers are who might cough up $75 million. The largest donation to athletics they ever had was from Pat Stryker and was closer to $15-20 million if I remember right, and she looks to be out of the game in this one.

We have already discussed how the naming rights thing is getting close to what they are imagining. My bet would be that $5 million in actual cash (not in kind donations) would be doing very well for them.

Stryker's confidence is wavering? Can we steal Pat Stryker like we steal recruits from other schools before LOI day?

Solich, get on the phone! Make this happen!

She sounds further away than Solich - IMO. I wonder how many times CSU can go to the well with her.

Especially since her only connection with the school is because she lives in Ft. Fun. And her big connection was with their previous president. I don't think she's made any big gifts under the current administration.

Stryker's confidence is wavering? Can we steal Pat Stryker like we steal recruits from other schools before LOI day?

Solich, get on the phone! Make this happen!

Tell him to get on Phil Anschutz while he's at it.

Guys I got it figured out. If they build a 70 yard field they can save over 80 million dollars. Plus they will have a huge homefield advantage since that is what they practice on.

Wasn't Stryker's last donation about six years ago or so, with a significant portion going to renovating Hughes Stadium? If so, if I were her I'd be irritated that my money was sunk into nothing.

Wasn't Stryker's last donation about six years ago or so, with a significant portion going to renovating Hughes Stadium? If so, if I were her I'd be irritated that my money was sunk into nothing.

I've mentioned this before.

They go to her and tell her that if she donates a bunch of money they can upgrade the stadium and it will make a difference for years in the future. A few years later they are saying the dumped all her money into a trash heat that they want to replace.

Back