What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Naming rights for CSU's new stadium - ideas?

Survey's said "Dewey Beats Truman"

Pay me enough and I can get your survey results that say anything you want them to. The real survey comes with dollars attached and you haven't gotten any significant response on that one.

Graham can say over my dead body as often as he wants, it isn't going to make something so. George Wallace said that black people would be attending the University of Mississipi over his dead body, well he's buried and I don't know if you bothered to look last time they played on TV.

North Texas happened to build a stadium in the Dallas area, a few million more people than live in Ft. Collins. They also host a lot more events than CSU could ever hope to get. Again tell me who is going to be paying the millions to put their name on a stadium that nobody goes to.
North Texas: $17k average attendance.

DERP

Salt Lake City, Boise, Houston, Orlando, Tampa, Fort Worth>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Fort Collins
Is that feasible? Better call ICON.

Salt Lake City, Boise, Houston, Orlando, Tampa, Fort Worth>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Fort Collins
Boise is not bigger than Fort Collins. LMFAO. Either way, those schools wouldn't be here now with the defeatist attitude all of you are portraying.

Luckily we have Jack Graham and Tony Frank and not you guys

better than yours last season

DERP?

Exactly what I was thinking.

I think CSU has developed some sort of belief that they're better than the North Texas' and the San Jose States and the Utah States. Newsflash, you aren't.

Boise is not bigger than Fort Collins. LMFAO. Either way, those schools wouldn't be here now with the defeatist attitude all of you are portraying.

Luckily we have Jack Graham and Tony Frank and not you guys

only by 60,000 people. DERP

with a new stadium? I thought they were guaranteed a huge incrase? Do you see how you are contradicting yourself here? derp?

you are reading it wrong it is $17,000 dollars in average attendance. wait what does this mean?

Exactly what I was thinking.

I think CSU has developed some sort of belief that they're better than the North Texas' and the San Jose States and the Utah States. Newsflash, you aren't.
Better city. 1000x academics. Conference titles. Better overall athletics.

Yeah. Much better.

North Texas: $17k average attendance.

DERP

Another reason why nobody is going to be stupid enough to pay big money for rights in Ft. Collins. If a new stadium in the hotbed of college football interest with a much larger population base to draw from doesn't bring in the fans a new stadium in a place with a much smaller very dissinterested population base is net exactly a good bet for where to put millions of your advertising dollars.

The whole argument for the stadium is that it will increase interest and attendance, now you go and shoot down your own argument with the one number you have given which is actually a fact.

Another reason why nobody is going to be stupid enough to pay big money for rights in Ft. Collins. If a new stadium in the hotbed of college football interest with a much larger population base to draw from doesn't bring in the fans a new stadium in a place with a much smaller very dissinterested population base is net exactly a good bet for where to put millions of your advertising dollars.

The whole argument for the stadium is that it will increase interest and attendance, now you go and shoot down your own argument with the one number you have given which is actually a fact.
How is that contradicting myself? North Texas probably saw an increase in attendance. Idk what their attendance was beforehand.

Also CSU already averages more. Attendance will increase. I don't know how much. But it will increase.

And the whole argument for the stadium is that CSU deserves better

How is that contradicting myself? North Texas probably saw an increase in attendance. Idk what their attendance was beforehand.

Also CSU already averages more. Attendance will increase. I don't know how much. But it will increase

Holy cow! This is a good post.

Also CSU already averages more. Attendance will increase. I don't know how much. But it will increase

It will increase exactly 22 percent. 95-100 percent sure of it.

In one sentence, you just realized what everyone has been trying to tell you all along.

I honestly do not care either way if the stadium gets built. That is for you guys to decide. I think we are laughing because Jack Graham is the televangelist that seems to have the CSU fanbase in a trance.

Answer my question about sponsorships. What are you going to raffle off? The Field, the Stadium - what else is going to constitute the $10MM you claim will be coming? Are you just talking about straight advertising?

I would like to compare that against what Boulder gets to see if we're dealing with apples to apples

I don't think anyone is really arguing attendance won't increase. It just doesn't seem like a cost effective idea. Even Minnesota and their brand new stadium has decreased attendance annually since completion. And Minnesota>>>>CSU

I don't think anyone is really arguing attendance won't increase. It just doesn't seem like a cost effective idea. Even Minnesota and their brand new stadium has decreased attendance annually since completion. And Minnesota>>>>CSU
AND Minnesota has served Beer in their new stadium iirc.

North Texas:

The stadium hosted its first game on September 10, 2011, when the Mean Green lost 48 to 23 against the University of Houston Cougars. A massive effort by the university and the athletic department to sell out the first home game at the new stadium did not succeed, as the game attracted 28,075 spectators.[SUP][22][/SUP] By the third home game, against the Florida Atlantic Owls football team, attendance had dropped to a season-low 13,142 spectators.[SUP][23][/SUP] Home attendance for the stadium's first season averaged 18,864 per game, or 61.15% of the facility's capacity of 30,850.[2

So much for build it and they will attend. I wonder if this was the 1% to 5% that ICON got wrong.

Regarding the $20MM in Naming Rights sometimes $20MM isn't really $20MM.

According to the contract, the company will pay $11.8 million of the $20 million deal in cash over 20 years, including graduated annual payments beginning at $312,000 and ending in three annual payments of $1 million. The remaining $8.29 million will be in the form of in-kind services. As part of the contract, Apogee also received one luxury suite in the new stadium and premium tickets to other UNT events

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apogee_Stadium

Last edited:
And yet Minnesota is raking in the dough from having that stadium on campus.

The stadium isn't just about attendance.
It's about giving CSU what it deserves

Fort Collins absolutely needs to put a beer garden somewhere in the new stadium plans.

A **** load of debt it can't pay off? Sounds good to me.

changing the purposes and goals of something in the middle of an argument is the sure sign of a loser.

Back