What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

National Semifinals thread

Clemson v Bama would be fun in the trenches. And the trenches, especially the defensive front seven, is where Alabama is the strongest.

It's been fun to watch the media underrate Sparty. I think the next game is going to be close.

Grats to ACC's CU.

Between Big Game Bob's Chokelahoma version 6 (?) and TCU's Boyken arrest, it's a perfectly crappy day in the old neighborhood. And I'm okay with that.

Tough to wrap my head around Clemson being in the Natty, but I'd started to feel a little overexposed to OU, Mayfield in particular, so not shedding any tears.

Yeah, OU fans treat Mayfield as if he's a Drew Brees, but WTF. Not so much.

Clemson v Bama would be fun in the trenches. And the trenches, especially the defensive front seven, is where Alabama is the strongest.

Dear God,
please, please, please let us get back to NC level football AT LEAST as soon it took Clemson to make their way back.

Please.

Please. please.

please

Dear God,
please, please, please let us get back to NC level football AT LEAST as soon it took Clemson to make their way back.

Please.

Please. please.

please

An email and snail mail with the contents of a daily poop thread sent to MacIntyre, George, DiStefano, Benson, and the regents from "200" fans ought to do it. ;)

Two comments:
1) I now realize I dislike Alabama but am ambivalent about MSU as this current trend in the game annoys me, but not enough to care that much
2) I'm (this close) to hanging it up entirely and moving on to something else with the family

If you can stand Finebaum, they also have Gary Pinkel on SECN and he has some interesting insight into what's going on and his thoughts.

Well at least this year I think most people have to agree that the two best teams will be playing in the championship. Will be interesting to see the Bama defense match up with the uptempo clemson offense. As much as people talk down about the acc they have a good chance to win the NC 2 of the last 3 years

I hope the ratings flop today and someone strong arms the Rose Bowl so they don´t schedule these games on NYE in the future. What an absolutely idiotic idea.

It occurs to me that all the "big" bowl games were played on New Years day and the Rose Bowl was certainly one of the big two or three in that club. Maybe this is the RB committees way of their big game always being associated with the other big games still.

EDIT: Based on the post I thought the rose bowl was supposed to be yesterday. My bad.

Last edited:
Very impressed with how Saban adjusted his defensive philosophy with a deeper DL rotation and corners playing the safety positions to deal with the offenses that had been killing his teams.

That said, Sparty's style of play is tailor made to get crushed by Bama's defense. Clemson is much more like the aTm, Ole Miss, Auburn and Ohio State offenses that Saban's struggled with in recent years. Gonna be interesting to see if he has figured it out with these adjustments.

Back