What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

NCAA 2024 Tourney game thread - #10 seed MEN's Bball - 1st round game vs. #7 seed Florida (In Indianapolis; Friday, 3/22, 2:30 PM MT; TBS)

CU is top 20 in fg pct., 3-pt pct., and ft pct. You don't need to be a genius to look at those numbers and decide that you probably don't want to just try to outscore them. Plus, we've been pretty poor in half court offense over the last couple weeks.
East Coast bias is a real thing; it's overstated by westerners, but it's still real.

Someone he trusted looked at that those stats and discounted their significance based on what they thought had observed or "knew." Alternatively, I suppose it could have simply been sec hubris.

Regardless of what led to it, I think the coach honestly believed that "outscoring" CU was the correct strategy.

Bottom line is that it was not the correct strategy.

But it also came really ****ing close to working.

Tip times aren’t posted until after all of the games are completed each day. Networks like to know matchups so they can place them in appropriate time slots/networks.
Guessing-but I would think the standalone games will be the Brooklyn games Sunday. Gotta think CBS will want to show off UConn and Duke.

Officiating note-I'd expect Roger Ayers Sunday. He's working TCU-Utah State as I write this.

What a win by the boys! I wasn't alive to see Chauncey play for the Buffs, but that's gotta be the best single moment in CU basketball history right? 100-100 buzzer beater in the Dance with the whole country watching?

Proud to be a Buff tonight!!

Holy sh*t you are young.

I'm the same age as Chauncey. And grew up a huge Kansas fan. Our freshman year, the Kansas team was loaded. Hasse, LaFrentz, Pierce, Pollard, Vaughn. I had only been at CU for three months when we hosted Kansas at the Keg in early January. I didn't know how I would feel during the game. At the time, CU basketball was not very popular, and you could go trade in your GA student seat for a reserved seat a few days before the game. So, I basically had center court, first few row seats for all of Chauncey's freshman year.

I think we were down 10-15 at half. We were clearly outmanned. I met my brother at halftime at the Harvest House (he went to KU). As the second half opened, I was still unsure of where my allegiance was. I thought I was neutral. Second half starts. My memory may be a bit foggy - so fact checkers - correct me if I'm wrong.

Chauncey opens up the 2nd half and hits a three. We get a stop. He hits another 3. He's clearly feeling it. Next possession, he slowly dribbles up the court. Defense is 10 feet off of him, and he shoots a three from 10 feet behind the line. It was about half way between center court and the three point line. Nails it. The crowd goes nuts. We're suddenly down by 1. The rest of the 2nd half was a dog fight, and a lowly Colorado team ends up losing to a loaded Kansas squad 78-80. At that point, it was clear I was all-in on Colorado. But those first few minutes of that second half against Kansas are what stands out in my memory. Maybe because I was a freshman. And maybe because I had prime seats. And I had followed Chauncey since I was a freshman in high school. He was a special talent.

Thank you Florida coach for the technical foul and the extra 2 points. After all the bad calls we really needed that!
The non-working whistle was part of it (there is a 2nd story on Clayton, if you scroll down. He scored their last 16 - hell of a player):

I just took look at the game thread on Florida’s 247 site. literally about half of the 31 pages is people bitching about the refs and how they were screwed.
I don't know how you watch that game with a routing interest without bitching about the refs, they hit the whistle so hard that one ref literally wore his out and had to get a replacement.

Last edited:
Nice (ESPN):

"After Clayton's midcourt heave landed to the right of the rim as time expired, Lampkin leaped through the photographers sitting behind the baseline and climbed into the section of Colorado fans behind the courtside media seating to revel in the win."

Holy sh*t you are young.

I'm the same age as Chauncey. And grew up a huge Kansas fan. Our freshman year, the Kansas team was loaded. Hasse, LaFrentz, Pierce, Pollard, Vaughn. I had only been at CU for three months when we hosted Kansas at the Keg in early January. I didn't know how I would feel during the game. At the time, CU basketball was not very popular, and you could go trade in your GA student seat for a reserved seat a few days before the game. So, I basically had center court, first few row seats for all of Chauncey's freshman year.

I think we were down 10-15 at half. We were clearly outmanned. I met my brother at halftime at the Harvest House (he went to KU). As the second half opened, I was still unsure of where my allegiance was. I thought I was neutral. Second half starts. My memory may be a bit foggy - so fact checkers - correct me if I'm wrong.

Chauncey opens up the 2nd half and hits a three. We get a stop. He hits another 3. He's clearly feeling it. Next possession, he slowly dribbles up the court. Defense is 10 feet off of him, and he shoots a three from 10 feet behind the line. It was about half way between center court and the three point line. Nails it. The crowd goes nuts. We're suddenly down by 1. The rest of the 2nd half was a dog fight, and a lowly Colorado team ends up losing to a loaded Kansas squad 78-80. At that point, it was clear I was all-in on Colorado. But those first few minutes of that second half against Kansas are what stands out in my memory. Maybe because I was a freshman. And maybe because I had prime seats. And I had followed Chauncey since I was a freshman in high school. He was a special talent.
I was at that game as a student in the front row. I think I rememeber Matt Daniels (Arkansas hs player of the year - I think,but not sure how) taking a wild shot instead of passing to a wide open player in the corner for the win. We should have won that game.

I don't know how you watch that game with a routing interest without bitching about the refs, they hit the whistle so hard that one if literally wore his out and had to get a replacement.
In almost all the tourney games I've watched, the refs are letting them play early in the game, then get whistle crazy last 10 minutes or so.

My youngest sent me some still shots of KJ’s shot. Two things: he never extended his arm and he never made contact with the guy’s chest. The guy was anticipating a drive and was leaning back to begin with and more or less fell back on his own.

IMG_3410.jpegIMG_3411.jpeg
IMG_3412.jpeg

What a bitch. JFC at least the player had some class
I liked this comment:
We got a tough draw getting Colorado in this game. They’re 21st overall in KenPom. No other 10 seed is above 33rd. That’s just the way it goes sometimes. They’re a very good team. I expect them to play Marquette very well on Sunday.

Yep, it was a ****ty seeding.

I was at that game as a student in the front row. I think I rememeber Matt Daniels (Arkansas hs player of the year - I think,but not sure how) taking a wild shot instead of passing to a wide open player in the corner for the win. We should have won that game.

I just found a recap of the game. We actually had a four point lead at half. I like my version of the game more. :ROFLMAO:

He really is the least likable Deschanel sister.
“I’ve had three technicals in my coaching career,” Golden said. “He has given me two of them.”
Deserve Messed Up GIF by NOW WE'RE TALKING TV SERIES

Still on cloud 9 after yesterdays game rewatched the extended highlights and the post game today…

This team has surpassed all my expectations for this year, everything is gravy at this point. Absolutely love this teams resilience and fight. Crazy we’ve really been doing this with a 6 man rotation kind of reminds me of the year North Carolina had a 5 or 6 man rotation two years ago and made that run to the chip. Very unique.

Back