What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

NCAA investigating Johnny Manziel

CU doesn't slow grind, we twerk

tumblr_mqq8fx2Lfa1qc1jg4o1_400.gif

Bilas had some fun on the NCAA website today:

Yep, that's proof that it's possible to go into the search engine of ShopNCAASports.com, type the name "Johnny Manziel" and end up on a page filled with items connected to Texas A&M and Manziel's jersey number despite the NCAA's long insistence that specific jerseys for sale aren't connected to specific players. Bilas did the same thing with Alabama's A.J. McCarron, Louisville's Teddy Bridgewater, Clemson's Tajh Boyd and a slew of other players. It was incredible to watch unfold ... for as long as it lasted.

Best I could tell, Bilas was prepared to go all day. But a funny thing happened about two hours after Bilas started the experiment. Suddenly, the ShopNCAASports.com search engine was disabled, presumably by somebody who realized the governing body was getting embarrassed in a pretty public way. Well done, Mr. Bilas. Well done.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...as-did-to-the-shopncaasportscom-search-engine

Ruh roh...motivated Aggy fans on the Rivals Mainboard are claiming the same broker has 100's of items up from several other top players in CFB, including Clowney, Bridgewater, and AJ McCarron. This could get really messy if it turns out that this is more than an isolated incident at a single school.

Ruh roh...motivated Aggy fans on the Rivals Mainboard are claiming the same broker has 100's of items up from several other top players in CFB, including Clowney, Bridgewater, and AJ McCarron. This could get really messy if it turns out that this is more than an isolated incident at a single school.

Hmmm. I think we have found the one advantage to our level of suck. We don't have to worry about getting pulled into this kind of mess. Just watch out for those training tables.

Hmmm. I think we have found the one advantage to our level of suck. We don't have to worry about getting pulled into this kind of mess. Just watch out for those training tables.

I dunno, one of our fans probably purchased a Clowney jersey (I'm looking at you 'Tini) and we'll get sanctions for that.

I dunno, one of our fans probably purchased a Clowney jersey (I'm looking at you 'Tini) and we'll get sanctions for that.
I would have bought a DJ Swearinger jersey before I'd buy a Clowney one.

Haha, I'm lost on this one. Is the joke that Colorado would get in trouble somehow because we are the little guy while South Carolina walks? I'm just not following. Laugh if you want.

Pretty much. It would be our fan forking out, thus our sanction. It's part of my broader NCAA persecution complex.

Back