What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

NCAA Tournament General Thread

Not by much. But definitely get rid of that first day with the 2 mindless "play-in" games.

This would be a start. If you took the last four at large teams out of the field would you change the final four? Don't think so.

This would be a start. If you took the last four at large teams out of the field would you change the final four? Don't think so.

I get your earlier point about having a smaller tournament (maybe 32 teams), but it's hard to put the toothpaste back in the tube. The problem is that those teams from the smaller conferences are in the same NCAA Division as the teams from the major conferences, so the argument would go, and it might have a little merit. And like you said, it's a financial juggernaut now.

Pac12 is the only P5 conference to not have a team in either the CFP or the Final 4 this year.
The mighty SEC West bounced back from its 2-5 bowl fizzle in 14 (despite your protestations that they weren't overrated that season). I'm sure the Pac will manage to recover from lackluster seasons. I doubt you'll credit the conference when that happens, though.

Impressed by announcers when the ball is knocked out of bounds by Villanova - clearly, but officials go to stare at it - "ewwwe - I don't know". Of course you don't, troggladite.

Kansas Basketball, ruining brackets for decades.

They could still pull this out but if not how many times does this make them going in as a #1 seed and not making the final 4?

Kansas proceeds to throw the ball away on a final possession with 13 seconds left, doesn't even get up a shot.

Is every blown call reviewable? Serious question.

Well I just found out last night that whether a guy stepped out of bounds or not isn't reviewable because Cooney clearly didn't step out! The 2 I know of that are reviewable are whether or not it was a 3-point shot and which team a ball went out of bounds on.

I'm sure CVille or someone else can provide better insight on exactly what is reviewable.

Huge win by Villanova.

Very impressed they beat Kansas on a rough shooting night when they had to grind it out. I would have said that style favored KU in a big way.

I hate how the student athletes on the losing team are forced to ask questions by the media right after an emotional game. It's garbage...and I also hate how the NCAA tells the moderators to keep calling them student athletes when this UNC scandal is still not closed out. The postgame interview should only be of the HC. Let Perry Ellis and others be with their teammates and mourn in private...

Well I just found out last night that whether a guy stepped out of bounds or not isn't reviewable because Cooney clearly didn't step out! The 2 I know of that are reviewable are whether or not it was a 3-point shot and which team a ball went out of bounds on.

I'm sure CVille or someone else can provide better insight on exactly what is reviewable.

Thanks. It seems like they can change any call. I know they're somewhat limited in football.

they can also review time, and of course if shots got off in time. Fouls they cannot review. I was at a loud bar last night...they didn't review the Cooney play? To me that seems reviewable and I thought they were looking at it...but again...loud bar and not mentally paying attention.

Always amazes me when programs that recruit at that level aren't able to go deeper with effective bench play. See the same thing with Duke and others.

Agree but it's hard to build depth when you are losing underclassmen to the NBA every year.

Kansas Basketball, ruining brackets for decades.

They could still pull this out but if not how many times does this make them going in as a #1 seed and not making the final 4?

Doesn't ruin your bracket if you know KU's history.

Losing in the Elite 8 to the #2 seed isn't really that bad. It's nowhere close to losing to Northern Iowa or VCU or a Jonny Dawkins-led Stanford

Bill Self needs to go. Kansas hasn't won an NCAA basketball championship since 2008, and hasn't even been in the title game since 2012.

If not for that 2008 run, KU fans would probably be demanding his scalp (or toupee, as the case may be).

Back