What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

NCAA Tournament General Thread

Hey everyone, go ahead and cheat and you too could make an elite 8.

Note: I'm a certified Gonzaga hater as required by West Coast Conference rules.

I have no idea what conference syracuse is in, but they've had a cakewalk for a team that should never have been in.

Go Oregon. Being a Colorado fan, it's in my interest to pull for our conference.

I think Ducks, can provide all remaining teams want, if thy can handle the stage. And officials are at least reasonable. Let's see.....

Tough deal for the Zags. Too many turnovers in the 2nd half trying to make passes into that Syracuse zone. Gonzaga has a really good class coming in next year.

Syracuse benefitted from the eggs that MSU and Utah laid last weekend. I dont see how UVA doesn't get them.

I've got to say, it annoys me to no end how a draw can influence the tournament so much. I'm looking at a Syracuse team that was very fortunate to even get selected. They're into the Elite 8 as a 10-seed with wins over Dayton, Middle Tennessee and Gonzaga. They haven't played a single team that I think is as good as the UConn squad the Buffs got matched with in the first round as an 8-seed. Them's the breaks. I get it. I'm having trouble swallowing my bitterness, though.

I'm just glad we didn't draw the Uconn ladies team.

No ****. 98-38 in a Sweet 16 game -- and it wasn't as close as the final score would indicate due to a late MSU run in the 4th quarter against the UConn scrubs.

It's maybe the easiest route ever to an Elite Eight when you take into account that Dayton hadn't even been playing like an NIT team for the last 4-6 weeks of the regular season. Dayton scraped out a few last second wins over the dregs of the A10 to keep a decent seed. That said, if you keep making the Dance, you'll get some breaks. They've taken care of business. Think they'll make UVA grind out a win, but I'd take the Hoos over Cuse 7 or 8 out of 10.

I've got to say, it annoys me to no end how a draw can influence the tournament so much. I'm looking at a Syracuse team that was very fortunate to even get selected. They're into the Elite 8 as a 10-seed with wins over Dayton, Middle Tennessee and Gonzaga. They haven't played a single team that I think is as good as the UConn squad the Buffs got matched with in the first round as an 8-seed. Them's the breaks. I get it. I'm having trouble swallowing my bitterness, though.

The tournament is great entertainment and full of great stories but I have said before in its current form is a lousy way of picking a champion. ome teams have to win 6 solid games to win the tourney, others if it breaks right 2-3 with the rest being walkovers. Now how about the team that gets Syracuse in the next round instead of a more legitimate opponent.

Despite this the money it makes means it isn't getting changed. How long till football goes to 6,8,12,16 teams in order to increase the value of playoff media package.

I don't think there's a huge difference between Syracuse and Notre Dame. Everyone is piling on Cuse, but they at least drilled the Cindarella. Notre Dame faced a Michigan side with a resume that broke records for inclusion (and not in a good way). They then pulled out improbable last second wins over a 14 seed and a 7 seed.

I don't think there's a huge difference between Syracuse and Notre Dame. Everyone is piling on Cuse, but they at least drilled the Cindarella. Notre Dame faced a Michigan side with a resume that broke records for inclusion (and not in a good way). They then pulled out improbable last second wins over a 14 seed and a 7 seed.

I think the story of this tournament is that we don't have great teams so we're seeing a year where it's good to pick teams with tradition and coaching. Some notable exceptions like Michigan State, but in a year when we thought we'd see a wild tourney the teams that have succeeded have been mostly established programs with coaches who know how to do this thing.

I think the story of this tournament is that we don't have great teams so we're seeing a year where it's good to pick teams with tradition and coaching. Some notable exceptions like Michigan State, but in a year when we thought we'd see a wild tourney the teams that have succeeded have been mostly established programs with coaches who know how to do this thing.

Teams with upperclassmen as well. Taken a break from the youth movement.

You type that as if its a bad thing!

Not at all. I enjoy having media that covers college athletics 98% of the time with a brief mention of the Redskins, instead of the opposite that we experience in Denver (and frankly I'm being generous with 2%.... CU and others don't even get that). 12th most populous state (and climbing) and no pro sports teams. It's a unique situation (most populous state BY FAR without a pro team) but not a negative. If you're a pro fan, you've got DC nearby. Can always pop up there for a game. Wouldn't have minded the Kings moving to VA Beach, but hardly devastated.

The tournament is great entertainment and full of great stories but I have said before in its current form is a lousy way of picking a champion. ome teams have to win 6 solid games to win the tourney, others if it breaks right 2-3 with the rest being walkovers. Now how about the team that gets Syracuse in the next round instead of a more legitimate opponent.

Despite this the money it makes means it isn't getting changed. How long till football goes to 6,8,12,16 teams in order to increase the value of playoff media package.

How would you change it?

No Big 10 or SEC in the Elite 8. I hope that all of the national commentators who have been bagging so hard on the PAC at least note that the PAC outlasted them.

Last edited:
The media really makes a bit much of Syracuse's zone. I know this might come as a surprise, but teams do figure it out and defeat the Orange...13 times this season, in fact

The media really makes a bit much of Syracuse's zone. I know this might come as a surprise, but teams do figure it out and defeat the Orange...13 times this season, in fact

It's a really good 2-3 zone. Cuse plays good defense. But a lot is just about having the personnel while emphasizing defense. Kind of the same story with Shark's "Amoeba Defense" back in the day. Was it the system? Not really. Personnel and emphasis.

Back