What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Nelson Spruce Biletnikoff Voting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait... Is this the legit award award..... or just some ****ty poll asking a question.

Can you vote more than once? When I go to the site there is a message saying they "already counted my vote".

Spruce is at 66% and Laquon at 25%. Despite a lot of internal bickering and hating that happens on AB, we sure are capable of rallying the troops behind a cause when we believe in it.

Wait... Is this the legit award award..... or just some ****ty poll asking a question.

It counts for an extra vote for the winner.

Use the link in the OP. The 2nd one was talking about how the voting works

I hate to say it, but I'm on the same page as FLounder here. Are we sure the polldaddy poll is the actual voting location? Reading the Biletnikoff website leads me to believe the voting will be done on that site, not some rando polldaddy.

EDIT: though I see the polldaddy user "biletnikoff" did have a similar poll last year won by Cooks.

Who knows, who cares, we Buffs like to dominate even the least credible internet votes!

I hate to say it, but I'm on the same page as FLounder here. Are we sure the polldaddy poll is the actual voting location? Reading the Biletnikoff website leads me to believe the voting will be done on that site, not some rando polldaddy.

EDIT: though I see the polldaddy user "biletnikoff" did have a similar poll last year won by Cooks.

Who knows, who cares, we Buffs like to dominate even the least credible internet votes!

It IS a little confusing. You would think the Biletnikoff people would have had this nailed after releasing this statement on 9/16/14:
In other exciting news, the Biletnikoff Award will open on October 1 its online Fan Vote for the Biletnikoff Award candidates on the Biletnikoff Award website. Every fan may vote once daily on the Biletnikoff Award Fan Vote page. The aggregate fan tally will be counted as one official vote to determine semi-finalists (ten receivers), finalists (three), and the winner. Last year, in the closest contest in years, the Fan Vote tally provided the one-vote margin of victory for 2013 winner Brandin Cooks of Oregon State.

Oh well, if this turns out to be a false start, it has been good vote-mobilization practice. Gotta say, Allbuffs delivers.

Spruce is at 66% and Laquon at 25%. Despite a lot of internal bickering and hating that happens on AB, we sure are capable of rallying the troops behind a cause when we believe in it.
**** you!

The Biletnikoff site cofirms it. We have been voting in the official poll. http://biletnikoffaward.com/fan-vote

Rashad Greene's voters have caught on. Let's keep it rolling for Spruce.

Got to fire up the voting machine again. Somehow Rashad Greene fans found the site today and pounded it with votes.

I hope the voting isn't open as long as that Athlon site... I definitely burned out of voting on that lol

I hope the voting isn't open as long as that Athlon site... I definitely burned out of voting on that lol

There will be multiple rounds of this as the season progresses. Each round (top 10, semi-finals, finals) have a different round of voting.

if you open in an incognito tab, you can vote as often as you like.

I tried this. It did not work.

Correction: it works, but I had to kill the browser between votes.

Edit: I does let you vote, but after voting a bunch the numbers didn't move. But I don't know if I didn't vote enough or if the other guy's also getting enough votes to keep it the same. Maybe they aren't counting incognito voting.

Last edited:
If you haven't voted, do so. This isn't some unheard of magazine, it's a major college football award. Let's do our part. Vote daily. We're going to need every CU board in on this, we're dealing with some serious fan bases here.

Voted +3. Apparently Florida State kind of likes football. Rashad Greene starting to pull away. 54%-31%. Get out the vote!

How much does the fan vote play into the final selection? How is the final selection done and who makes it?

How much does the fan vote play into the final selection? How is the final selection done and who makes it?

The fan vote gives an extra vote to the top 10 in this round, the top 5 in the semi's and the top 3 I think in the finals. The Biletnikoff panel members decide the vote other than that.

I think being second won't be a horrible thing. The main thing is to understand that one vote usually won't be the difference, but simply making sure he is always up near the top means he is in the conversation. Of course, what he does on the field is more important, but we can only do what we can do to draw attention to what he is doing on the field.

Cooks won last year by 1 vote.

I know, which is why I said 'usually'. Think if the fan vote has went to someone else and it was a tie, that the fan vote would be the deciding factor? I am not going to look it up, but I bet it seldom comes down to one vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back