What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

New Basketball/Volleyball Facility

**** you Alzheimer... i'm not an engineer... plus look at the image at day light it could be the angle...but looks like the indentation area has stone...

I'll level with ya. I found a copy of the bid set. At the eaves they have cast stone panels. That could be what you see. Most of the facade will be stone veneer, but it looks like, in the plans, there is also some cast stone (concrete that looks like stone.) So you are probably correct you little ****.

I'll level with ya. I found a copy of the bid set. At the eaves they have cast stone panels. That could be what you see. Most of the facade will be stone veneer, but it looks like, in the plans, there is also some cast stone (concrete that looks like stone.) So you are probably correct you little ****.

:lol:

image.jpg

Foundation is in and things are going up.

Page bump.

Flagstone siding going up today. Looking good.

Cool.

One great thing about this design is that the practice facility helps integrate the entire structure into the campus architecture. It's a great project on a number of levels.

Why can't they run flagstone up around the outside of the Foam Dome?

Austin Dufault from twitter

"First the women have practice after class now there's a test in coors. All I want is some jumpers. We need this practice facility"

"First the women have practice after class now there's a test in coors. All I want is some jumpers. We need this practice facility"

There are three basketball courts in the rec center. The new facility will be helpful for the players but I dont buy no having one as an excuse for poor play.

Stop with the jumpers! Take it to the hole!!! Draw some fouls! Practice that! :Tantrum:

It's nice that it's becoming operational.

Stop with the jumpers! Take it to the hole!!! Draw some fouls! Practice that! :Tantrum:

It's nice that it's becoming operational.

Thats a great point. He hasint taken any free throws in the last 3 games and is averaging about 1 free throw per game this year. That unheard of for a starting forward. Dufalt actually has some nice post moves and is leading the team in FG%. Id like to see more shots from him and less shots from Burks who forces the issue too often and many times ends up looking silly.

don't forget he is sliding back to the four spot next year so his range will need to increase from the basket.

image.jpg

The bricks are going on the exterior walls...any word when the exterior will be done since I'd say another month or two.

image.jpg

The bricks are going on the exterior walls...any word when the exterior will be done since I'd say another month or two.

**** with the progress they made yesterday (looking at the north wall yesterday morning vs this morning) I would say they may be substaintially done by the end of the week. They will likely leave the landscaping to do till the very end, and probably a couple days before the Opening Ceremony.

**** with the progress they made yesterday (looking at the north wall yesterday morning vs this morning) I would say they may be substaintially done by the end of the week. They will likely leave the landscaping to do till the very end, and probably a couple days before the Opening Ceremony.

If you mean substantially done with the exterior, you may be right. If you mean substantially done with the project, you're proabably quite a bit off. Interior finish work takes a lot longer and is much more labor intensive than exterior finish work. Lighting, plumbing fixtures, flooring, drywall, tape & texture, paint, etc. It takes a lot of work, and it seems to take forever. I'm encouraged by the appearance of the building, but they're far from finished. They have at least another three months, I suspect.

Rep to whomever gets over there and posts a current picture of the progress on this. TTIWWnewerP!

Rep to whomever gets over there and posts a current picture of the progress on this. TTIWWnewerP!

So are you going to rep me?

(The original photo I posted that keeps getting bumped is auto-updating from an on-site camera. :smile2:)

image.jpg

I thought people were saying that the exterior walls were already almost done. :bang::bang:

I don't understand this whole webcam concept...

Interesting - they're pumping concrete today. I wonder what for?

Basement? I haven't been inside, so I don't know if they poured the sub-floor yet.

Or better yet, maybe they're done moving the heavy equipment in and out so they can start on the sidewalks and stairways to connect everything.

When they were putting the walls up I dont remember there being any floors. that may be what they are pouring.

If you mean substantially done with the exterior, you may be right. If you mean substantially done with the project, you're proabably quite a bit off. Interior finish work takes a lot longer and is much more labor intensive than exterior finish work. Lighting, plumbing fixtures, flooring, drywall, tape & texture, paint, etc. It takes a lot of work, and it seems to take forever. I'm encouraged by the appearance of the building, but they're far from finished. They have at least another three months, I suspect.

that is what i mean. But I would still say that they are definatly on track for finishing on time. I wouldnt be supprized if they get enough done that they can take big time doners around during the Nebraska game.

Back