What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

New Basketball/Volleyball Facility

At the time it was built, the CEC was considered a state of the art facility. They used to host concerts up there. I remember when the Kinks played the CEC. Problem is that the acoustics turned out to really, REALLY suck. But that's why the North end is notched like that - to allow room for a stage.

Anyhow, I agree that the CEC hasn't aged well, but when they built it, it was considered pretty awesome. Figure that building is 31 years old. It's older than McNichols Arena was when it was torn down.

I saw U2 (makeup show after Red Rocks), Tull, and Yes in that facility.....horrible acoustics. Let's spend some newly found PAC-12 TV revenue on a new facility...

image.jpg

The bricks are going on the exterior walls...any word when the exterior will be done since I'd say another month or two.

next pg

I'm gonna defend the Keg here. I don't want to see it torn down. When that place is full, it is as loud as any facility in the country. I also like that there is not a bad seat in the house.

Bad for concerts, yes. But good for basketball.

As we all know, the Keg needs serious renovation. It could be awesome INSIDE with some simple things like repainting the ceiling/covering up the rafters (and more airconditioning), but the outside has always needed fixing. The new practice facility is a first step on that front.

I have no problem with the KEG. The seating is great, the sound spreads out efficiently. The main renovation/upgrade I would really like to see is a jumbotron. As lame as the stuff they put on the jumbotrons I hate having to look to the wall to see the replays and scoring.

I would like them to move the bathroom to the exterior walls instead of the corners, then a center scoreboard. The fly-away goals block part of my view now and I am guessing it is the same for a lot of people.

I would like them to move the bathroom to the exterior walls instead of the corners, then a center scoreboard. The fly-away goals block part of my view now and I am guessing it is the same for a lot of people.

They made the decision for the fly aways because its a better view for the people sitting in the lower more expensive seats. Still annoying though

I wonder if having the bathrooms in those columns in the corner is more of a structural issue - they might be there to help hold up the roof?

Looks like the exterior work is almost done...just have to do the windows and roofing and I think that might be pretty much it. I'd say all exterior work wraps up next month.

Looks like the exterior work is almost done...just have to do the windows and roofing and I think that might be pretty much it. I'd say all exterior work wraps up next month.

you are really going out on a limb with this prediction, since it is scheduled to be completely finished in early June.

I have no problem with the KEG. The seating is great, the sound spreads out efficiently. The main renovation/upgrade I would really like to see is a jumbotron. As lame as the stuff they put on the jumbotrons I hate having to look to the wall to see the replays and scoring.

If you read further back in this thread the consensus is that a jumbo-tron would bt too much weight for the current roof structure.

I'd love to see a little of the pac-12 money used to upgrade Coors some more, not exactly sure how and what I'd go about changing though, an extra set of boards so they are on all 4 corners would be cool assuming we cant move the bathrooms and turn those areas into suites for structural reasons.

funny because I sit in the lower more expensive seats.

I always thought it was for the people on the end with the tunnel mostly. the hoop on the coutr would be right in their way. Maybe they did it for player safety then??

I always thought it was for the people on the end with the tunnel mostly. the hoop on the coutr would be right in their way. Maybe they did it for player safety then??

I guess I should clarify, the backboard is not in my way, but the arm or bracket or whatever it is goes right through the middle of the screen, so I can see it but I have a bar right across the screen.

I have a great view of the red x; no complaints about the camera angle from me ;>)

Cant see it through the trees, but they have poured the concrete for the walls of the main stair case. I am guessing the stairs will be going in shortly.

Moving the ticket office outside is really going to open up the main entrance. They'll be able to make that much more impressive/inviting.

Back