What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

New WR coach

Are the women's rights groups still watching the buffs closely? Because they may not like this guy...

I saw that in the little bit of research I did on him. I thought it best to not bring it up, though.

Are the women's rights groups still watching the buffs closely? Because they may not like this guy...

When she went for a cell phone to call 911, Ashley's brother, Naim Shakir, 24, tackled her and held her down while Ashley Ambrose kicked her in the side and hit her in the face, according to the report.

Wow. :sad1:

From the search terms, the following completely unrelated article title. Isn't the internet great?

"Son of Homophobic Megachurch Pastor Arrested in Gay Sex Sting"

Police arrested a former Falcons player Sunday for allegedly attacking his wife and trying to prevent her from calling police, according to a police report.

Gwinnett County Police arrested Ashley A. Ambrose, 36, of Duluth at his home in Sugarloaf Country Club. Ambrose was charged with battery and interfering with an emergency call. He was released on $5,700 bond an hour after he arrived at Gwinnett County's jail.

Ambrose was confronted on Feb. 9 by his wife, Monica E. Ambrose, 33, about marital problems when Ambrose became enraged, according to the report. Monica Ambrose told police that her husband said he was going to kill her and pushed her in the face, according to the report. Ashley Ambrose then threw a glass vase at her after she struck him back in self-defense, according to the report.

When she went for a cell phone to call 911, Ashley's brother, Naim Shakir, 24, tackled her and held her down while Ashley Ambrose kicked her in the side and hit her in the face, according to the report.

Police listed the same offense for Shakir, but Gwinnett's police spokesman Cpl. Darren Moloney said there was no record of an arrest for Shakir.

The Ambrose's two children were upstairs asleep during the struggle, according to the report.

Monica Ambrose ran upstairs and called police from behind a locked door. Both men fled, according to the report.

Calls Tuesday to the number listed on the report for Ambrose went unanswered.

Ambrose played 13 seasons in the NFL, including three as a defensive back with the Falcons (2000-02). He served as an unpaid defensive backs assistant coach with the Falcons last season. Team officials said Tuesday that Ambrose is no longer affiliated with the team.

:doh::keule:

Probably Mark Embree.

k8113.gif

Or Joan Embree, of San Diego zoo fame.:smile2:

Ashley Ambrose has NFL cred as a pro bowl cornerback, playing for Cincy and the Colts. He knows the players. He knows SEC country. I wish him well.

no not at all i dont know the guy personally i just dont think he will be a good coach no evidence just a gut feeling. Could he be great? i hope so but do i have faith in this hire not at all. However im gonna give him a chance just like im giving McDaniels

I think I can speak for him and say 'Thanks BCS, for giving me this chance. Hawk and CO were on the fence until you told them to give me a shot. And McDaniels and I are going to send you gift baskets for Christmas every year while you keep us on with our organizations!'

Everyone stop arguing with him--he has absolutely no reason other than the 'gut' feeling. All I have heard about AA has been positive, so we will watch and see.

its official ashley ambrose is new WR coach... or maybe not hes the Interim Assistant WR Coach :wtf:

does anyone know what that means:confused:

Last edited:
its official ashley ambrose is new WR coach... or maybe not hes the Interim Assistant WR Coach :wtf:

does anyone know what that means:confused:

It means he can recruit like a regular assistant, but does not yet have the job. It also means he is probably still in the running for the permanent job, along with several other candidates.

This is really disturbing, if true. Perhaps we should give more credit ot BCS's "gut feelings". Also, it's probably best that he broke it off with BCS's mom.

It means he can recruit like a regular assistant, but does not yet have the job. It also means he is probably still in the running for the permanent job, along with several other candidates.

I think that's about right. It makes sense to me, because it seems like a horrible time to hunt for a coach. At the end of next season there should be a lot more options.

I think that's about right. It makes sense to me, because it seems like a horrible time to hunt for a coach. At the end of next season there should be a lot more options.

I think this is the best possible time to look for a coach, personally. Still three months away from Fall camp, no active recruiting taking place, perfect.

Which is important right now because coaches are making the rounds and visiting prospects in person right now.

I think this is the best possible time to look for a coach, personally. Still three months away from Fall camp, no active recruiting taking place, perfect.

Uh, the coaches are all out on the road right now.....recruiting. This time of the year is huge in recruiting, it's the spring evaluation period.

Uh, the coaches are all out on the road right now.....recruiting. This time of the year is huge in recruiting, it's the spring evaluation period.

OK, yes. That's true. I guess my point is that it's not crunch time leading up to NOI day. Technically, recruiting is going on year-round. There aren't any potential recruits that we will gain or lose because we're looking for a WR coach right now.

Yep. Ambrose is already out on the road. It must be fun for him not being assigned to a specific region. He has a chance to make himself the frontrunner for the permanent job.

Remember that this was done with the OL coaching position with naming Bedell an interim coach before Denver Johnson was made the permanent hire.

OK, yes. That's true. I guess my point is that it's not crunch time leading up to NOI day. Technically, recruiting is going on year-round. There aren't any potential recruits that we will gain or lose because we're looking for a WR coach right now.

While it may not be the craziness leading up to signing day, this time period is probably more important since this is when they turn up kids that may be flying under the radar and can lock those kids up (think Clark Evans). Having a full staff out recruiting is vitally important and being down a coach right now would not be good. Maybe Ambrose can use some of his southern ties to land us some SEC area kids.

While it may not be the craziness leading up to signing day, this time period is probably more important since this is when they turn up kids that may be flying under the radar. Having a full staff out recruiting is vitally important and being down a coach right now would not be good. Maybe Ambrose can use some of his southern ties to land us some SEC area kids.

Not only turning up kids under the radar, but this is the time when the coaches get to make a positive or negative first impression. You make a positive first impression and then you can get the kids out to camp and the ball is rolling. Also can make an impression on coaches at schools for the future.

While it may not be the craziness leading up to signing day, this time period is probably more important since this is when they turn up kids that may be flying under the radar and can lock those kids up (think Clark Evans). Having a full staff out recruiting is vitally important and being down a coach right now would not be good. Maybe Ambrose can use some of his southern ties to land us some SEC area kids.

I'm not downplaying the importance of recruting, or of the recruiting efforts this time of year. But if you were going to be down a coach, it seems to me that this would be the best time for it.

In the end, it doesn't matter, because Ambrose is out recruiting now anyway.

The more I think about this the more I think this will play out like the Bedell situation. CU is a desirable place to coach and we will find someone to fill the WR coach position.

I think HF is right here. I expect someone other than Ambrose to be the permanent hire.

Back