1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Non-biased opinion of the buffs from a husker

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Unleash Hell, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

No, not the tattoo husker, a different husker at church today said he was impressed by the last two games and said CU looks better than they have the last few years. This comign from a guy who has given me a lot of **** in the past about the buffs.

I am with him, I like our heart and adjustments. Again, need to fix the penalties and slow starts, oh and win a damn road game, but like the direction we're going!

2. zbuff

zbuff Club Member Club Member

I thought we took a step backwards, or at best sideways, yesterday. But we need all of the experience we can get - this team is learning as it goes, from its head to its toes.

3. The Guest

The Guest Guest

**** nebraska.

Oh, wait he was being cool? My mistake.

**** nebraska.

4. Unleash Hell

I disagree

5. Quattro

Quattro Banned BANNED Club Member

We took a step backwards by getting down early and then coming back to win? Ummm sure?

6. Unleash Hell

One thing I liked from this team yesterday that we have not seen in a long time, is learn to win a close game. CSU gets within a TD and the momentum appears to have turned back in their favor. We have struggled for a very long time with finishing close games. This team makes a very impressive touchdown drive that eats up over 10 ****ing minutes of the 4th quarter!!!!! That is how you close a game. I was so proud of this team for that accomplishment!

FlatironsBuff likes this.
  7. Unleash Hell

Better than we've done this year.

8. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

Disagree. I'll admit the first quarter was extremely disappointing and I was furious, but the Buffs took a big step forward yesterday. Simply put, they did not play close to their best game and still won by 2TD's. Most importantly, they finished a team off for once, and didn't panic. They calmly drove down the field, got physical, and took 10 minutes off the clock. Old CU would not have done that

9. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

Talent is going to be a big issue as is fundamentals and scheme. With all that the biggest challenge facing Embree and Co. is that they took over a team that expected to lose and was okay with it. CSU should be nothing more than a minor speed bump for the Buffs but every win matters and a win like yesterday is an opportunity to start developing a winning attitude. As bad as CSU is, this game under D2 could have turned into a loss very easily, instead the team shut it down and dominated overcoming multiple opportunities to give CSU another chance.

10. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

a win is a win for us imo. now, we can set loftier goals. but, we got behind early, didn't panic or melt down or chuck the game plan (last 5 years)....controlled the game after and got the W. i'm ok with it.

11. Quattro

I know I was agreeing with you.

12. zbuff

zbuff Club Member Club Member

Come on, guys, this was CSU. Their eternal suckitude runs deep and was in evidence yesterday. Sure, we should be happy to have started playing better during the game and getting the W, but come on guys, this was CSU. Our overall play did not improve from the Cal game.

13. Quattro

Cal game was a loss. CSU game was a W. That's improvement.

14. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

It was a step backwards considering who we were playing.

It was a step forward because we won.

It was one step forward two steps back on the penalties.

That cal is going to haunt me the rest of the year.

15. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

Going to be painful if we somehow finish 6-7

16. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

A win is always a step forward.

I expected things to get off to a slow start with 2 starting OTs out. Anyone would take some time to find a rhythm in that situation. Defensively, we had a penalty and weren't accounting for a QB who can't run deciding to make some things happen by running. Plus the short passes. We quickly adjusted and our defense pretty much stoned them the rest of the way.

Any word on the Munyer injury?

17. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

A non-biased opinion from a fusker?! [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 18, 2011
  18. Shldr2Shldr

Shldr2Shldr Club Member Club Member

I think we took a step backward in the passing game (no one could catch for some reason) and we took a step forward in the run game (10 min drive) Now if we can get both of those working at once then we have ourselves a powerful offense. We learned how to win it seems, we learned how to react when momentum swings drastically in the other direction, we learned that without our top play makers having good games we can still win. Now if we could learn to not get 114yds in penalties I would be happy.

Team needs to figure out what the U did to tOSU and replicate it this Saturday.

19. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Have every skill position guy running a legit 4.5 or better and every LB, TE and DE running a legit 4.7 or better? Think we could get that done by Saturday? :smile2:

20. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

[​IMG]

21. Shldr2Shldr

Shldr2Shldr Club Member Club Member

if not what the hell are we paying blacken for hahaha

22. Unleash Hell

I though passing game had more contributors, which is what you need when your star player is having an off game.

23. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

It's just a jump to the left.

And then a step to the right.

Put your hands on your hips.

You bring your knees in tight.
    But it's the pelvic thrust
    That really drives you insane.
    Let's do the time-warp again.
    Let's do the time-warp again.

OUBuff likes this.
  24. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

I think next we will if we really turned the corner. I thought we looked better against cal.

25. buffedup

buffedup Cooler than a Popsicle Stand. Club Member

I think the team did not play at the peak level it did against Cal, but I don't think that had anything to do with a step back. They laid it all on the line against Cal and lost a heartbreaker against Cal, there was a hangover. They are also looking ahead to OSU(see Tyler's comments during the week). CSU just doesn't hold any special appeal to the players, just like it doesn't to us. They beat a highly motivated team by 2 TD's and did while not nearly running on all cylinders. Which is a tribute to the coaching staff that they kept the players focused enough to take care of business. I am totally fine with yesterday.

26. Unleash Hell

What did Tyler say this week?

27. buffedup

buffedup Cooler than a Popsicle Stand. Club Member

He said the CSU game was a must win because the Buffs didn't want to go into Ohio state at 0-3. This pretty much told me which game is most important.

28. Buffsfan09

Buffsfan09 Member

I think this weekends game is going to tell a lot about our team. I don't see OSU being all that better than Cal and we competed very well. I just hope we compete and compete hard.

29. BinaryBuff

BinaryBuff mmmm...beer Club Member

Pulling out a win, especially after being outplayed and behind in the 1st quarter is a step forward. However, the penalties MUST be improved if we're going to have any real chance against the better teams on our schedule.

30. azbuff

azbuff Club Member Club Member

I think everyone is pretty much on point here. I do think EB has done a masterful job the last two games. Our timing and tempo was off against CSU, but I liked almost every play call.