1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

O finds out today

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by BuffUp, Jun 26, 2013.

1. BuffUp

BuffUp W.T.T.F. Club Member

I guess oregon is on the clock? they find out today how hard the so called hammer falls on them. My guess is not much. We will see.

2. Uncle Ken

Uncle Ken Orr no morr Club Member

I view our recruiters, like a SWAT team, ready to crash through the door of key recruits the second the news is revealed. If it's not bad for Oregon, our tactically positioned staffmembers will probably just wander off to a nearby bakery and grab a snack.

3. boydbuff

boydbuff Club Member Club Member

I have heard not much is going to happen with them. In the long run I think we are better off with a strong Oregon team anyway.

4. dply

dply Doble hoja Club Member

Voodoo donuts?

5. J.R. Ewing

J.R. Ewing Club Member Club Member

I'm calling it now: Three scholarships a year gone, fewer visits, no post season ban.

6. Uncle Ken

I know the joke has been made ad naseum, but they were just paying for unequal access to key recruits...it's not like they were feeding non-scholarship athletes when there was no class conflict. Let's try to keep a little perspective here.

7. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

JR is going to be right (seriously) from what I have read.

8. Buffskier

Buffskier Club Member Club Member

It's almost laughable if it didn't hit so close to home in regards to the NCAA's discretionary nature. Their responses are literally making schools bolder, rather than deterring any sort of cheating.

USC is the only school to get absolutely hammered, but yet auburn, ohio state, oregon, all of the sec are able to do whatever the hell they want and get away with a minor slap on the wrist 5 years after the fact (when they've already had sustained success), or they get off because of a technicality in the investigation. The NCAA is just an awful bureaucracy which does nothing more than hammer the smaller schools to show they have power and letting the big schools skate by because they need them.

9. Jens1893

Jens1893 Moderator Club Member Junta Member

18 month show clause for Kelly, no postseason ban, scholarship reductions over 2 years

10. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

I doubt the NCAA is going to do anything substantial to University of Nike.

11. CUFan

CUFan Welcome back Club Member

That 18 month show cause for Kelly is a serious sanction.

12. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

Isn't that what sweatervest got, but his was longer?

13. NashBuff

NashBuff CSU Knob-Slobberer

Looks like UO is getting off light...I think this is good for the Pac-12 as a whole.

14. wsp4820

wsp4820 Sally Club Member Junta Member

Super serious. I bet he's crying in a mansion somewhere in Philly right now. I mean, seriously, if he gets fired after only one year with the Eagles, what the **** is he going to do for six months?!?

CUFan likes this.
  15. HUFset

HUFset Well-Known Member

They're putting one in on Colfax and Park Ave.

16. FlatironsBuff

FlatironsBuff Club Member Club Member

I would expect the NCAA will want to punish them with harsh penalties. And sunce the head voachvused to coach at Colorado, they will levy the death penalty against Colorado.

Then remove it due to time served in self imposed death penalty the last ten years.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

17. SuperD

SuperD Club Member Club Member

So can we just start full out cheating now to get back...because the NCAA appears to be saying its okay to do so as long as the coaches aren't involved in heinous crimes against children and we cooperate with the investigation.

18. ahoelsken

ahoelsken Well-Known Member

This punishment is a joke. Kelly lasts at least two years with Philly, and IF he bombs, he'll have colleges waiting at his doorstep to hire him. I don't buy Oregon as a title contender---only because any way I look at it, the BCS title game ends up being Ohio State vs the SEC champion (either Bama, Georgia, or A&M). I don't think anybody from the Big 10 is good enough to step up and beat OSU, and given their schedule, Northwestern and Michigan are the only two tough games there.....In addition, Oregon loses at least a game (Stanford?).

19. XIIfan

XIIfan Member

Looks like serious NCAA punishment is only for the most serious violations like lunch-line infractions and Federal Crimes. Not so much for the lesser "pay for recruit" shenanigans.

20. Creebuzz

Creebuzz Club Member Club Member

Can someone give me a side by side comparison of what CU got for feeding walk-ons versus what Oregon got for buying a player and then attempting a cover-up?

21. TDbuff

TDbuff Club Member Club Member

If you want to see a pissed off fan base, take a look at Washington's board: http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=147&f=1360

It's exacerbated by the fact that their mods and insiders have been talking for a while about possibly much stiffer penalties for Oregon. A lot of people had their hopes up that Oregon was going to get taken down a notch or two, but nope.

22. Uncle Ken

Is it fair to say the level of animosity between the Oregon and Washington fanbases is similar to our relationship with nebraska? It's certainly not friendly.

23. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

CU:
    scholarships lost: 3 (one per year for 3 years)
    probation length in years: 2
    fine: $100,000

Oregon:
    scholarships lost: 3 (one per year for 3 years)
    probation length in years: 3
    fine: $0

Creebuzz likes this.
  24. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

I don't know that the animosity is exactly like CU/NU in the day, but there is a healthy amount of animosity between UW and Duck U. I lived in Seattle during a good portion of Don James' reign of terror over the P10. Even though UW was on top of the world and regularly thrashing the Ducks, they still relished it in a way that betrayed a level of disdain that was pretty high.

25. JJBuff

JJBuff Club Member Club Member

Wow! We sure got off light for our "meal benefits".

That is ****ing absurd.

26. Darian3Hagan

Darian3Hagan '89 Player of the Year Club Member

This just further proves that if you want to win big in College football you have to be willing to cheat.

27. SuperD

SuperD Club Member Club Member

It may actually be worse, because for the vast majority of their history UW has been a far better program, and they've had to watch Oregon rise to be considered a top national name during one of their worst stretches ever. Its not quite as bad as it would be for us if we were in our current state and CSU was somehow a Top 5 program, but it may be close.

28. Creebuzz

Creebuzz Club Member Club Member

Thanks. Very sad. IMHO, I think what Oregon did was way worse than USC.

29. Liver

Liver modded mod Club Member Junta Member

the lesson is quite clear. cheat. cheat to win. don't hesitate. cheat. cheat. cheat. do whatever it takes to become a marquee team so that you are then above the law. look at what's going on in the sec right now. ole miss is following this model.

cheat until you become a tv and media favorite and then enjoy the benefits and privileges.

cheat.

thanks to the ncaa for confirming a long held belief--- cheating is not just condoned; it is encouraged.

30. CanadianDuck

CanadianDuck Well-Known Member

Yeah our fanbases hate each other and one of the mods on the husky site has been claiming for months we will get the death penalty.