What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2012 Colorado Coach Search Rumor Compendium - Waiting for the RB Coach

Reminds me of Mitch Hedberg's comedy routine about hanging around base camp for a mountain climbing expediton, drinking hot chocolate and sleeping in colorful tents....he walks by someone whos asks when he's going to the summit and Mitch replies, "SOON."

Same deal here "SOON"!

I love Mitch Hedberg. "Ducks have a higher opinion of me when I have bread." :lol:

FootballScoop Staff @footballscoop
Nope RT @Kwiese06: @footballscoop do you think Jones is slow-playing to see if he could get involved with Wisconsin?

Eric Goodman ‏@EricGoodman_@nrhinds @reedmarks @MileHighSports @Allbuffs he's coming back to cincy for pre sked players meeting.
Expand Reply Retweeted Favorite
12m Eric Goodman ‏@EricGoodman
RT @reedmarks News will break very soon one way or the other on #CUBUFFS coaching search..UC players meeting soon. @MileHighSports @Allbuffs

clever - now we won't know which way it goes till the meeting.

Matching the HC salary can't be hard. I'll wager its the asst. coachs' salaries and the upgrades that Cincy can't touch. Nor should they.

Their stadium seats only 35K and is ancient. Not much to dangle in front of the ACC. They're more likely to go "MAC" than ACC!

If he says "no", who cares? Bring in DeRuyter, he really would like the job and is likely to bring Stitt with him.

Reed also thinks the player meeting is at 1:00 PM MST - how random is that? Bet we know pretty soon after that

I think the longer this drags out it suggests he's coming to CU. He's had two chances now to announce he's going to stay and hasn't. He had to deal with the fallout of Kelly bolting in the middle of the night and is probably trying to set up Cincy better this time around (i.e. coach in the bowl).

Either that or he's a serious douche and negotiating with Wisconsin...Either way CU wins.

I've always worried about the Wisconsin job since it as come open. Hope this is over within the next couple of hours.

As I've said before, I think it's equally likely that he's keeping mum because CU asked him to, until we can get our Plan B guy signed. Not sure why he's keeping quiet, but I can see it leading to two opposing outcomes.

I don't know what to think at this point. If CU gets Butch, I will feel pretty good. HC experience at the BCS level. By most accounts a solid coach. If CU doesn't things get pretty dicey and it sounds like CU will be looking at HC's with little experience (DeRuyter) and from non-AQ conferences (DeRuyetr McIntyre). Maybe one or both of those guys would do well, but MB said he wanted an BCS HC, Strong and /or Jones are the only two candidates CU really got close to...

Who knows. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

As I've said before, I think it's equally likely that he's keeping mum because CU asked him to, until we can get our Plan B guy signed. Not sure why he's keeping quiet, but I can see it leading to two opposing outcomes.

I appreciate this viewpoint, but it makes zero sense to me

Let's try and leave this thread for news and not discussion. Thanks.

starting now... :smile2:

The longer it goes the less it looks like Butch wil beat CU in my opinion. I hope I am wrong. The other candidates, at least the A listers, are making deals now. I fear MB is getting played...and doesn't know it.

Back