What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

***Official 2014 Colorado vs CSU Basketball Game Thread***

Seattle, CSU doesn't have a roster of guys who can create. They move on offense and /take/make easy baskets (except Alvia, I don't know how half that **** went in). When the refs called it tight, they drove more and got to the line. We shot jumpers instead.

I really don't understand the offense they are trying to run. Did George Karl mind **** Boyle? Sophomore class = meh, a bunch of athletes going thru the motions. Lack of a PG who can consistently get to the rim also killing us. WTF was up with Scott tonight? When he actually was on the block they should have gotten him the ball and he needs to go hard to the hoop and draw fouls. Never happened...

What a tough game to watch. Don't get me wrong I am as disappointed and depressed as I have been after a CU loss in a long time, but you gotta look at the positives or life is miserable. Let's hope we bounce back and develop into conference play and the diamondhead classic. Not all is lost, but damn we have a uphill climb. Also, shoutout to @hokiehead. Really appreciate the ticket.

Not that we shouldn't be doing this anyway, but all this team can do is one game at a time. Beat UNC. Baby steps. Plenty of time to climb back into things if we improve. A certain team last year went 9-4 OOC and ended OOC play with a 35 point loss to Tennessee. They ended up a 1 seed in the NCAA Tournament. Now, we'll be lucky to even make the Dance, but all they can do is just forget the outside bull****, find W's and see where they're at come March, be it bubble or NIT. Beat UNC and get ready to fight their asses off at Diamond Head.

Seattle, CSU doesn't have a roster of guys who can create. They move on offense and /take/make easy baskets (except Alvia, I don't know how half that **** went in). When the refs called it tight, they drove more and got to the line. We shot jumpers instead.

They may not have a roster full, but they have more than 3. But you're right, our lack of movement is worse than anything I've seen in a long time.

I really don't understand the offense they are trying to run. Did George Karl mind **** Boyle? Sophomore class = meh, a bunch of athletes going thru the motions. Lack of a PG who can consistently get to the rim also killing us. WTF was up with Scott tonight? When he actually was on the block they should have gotten him the ball and he needs to go hard to the hoop and draw fouls. Never happened...

No one knows what we're doing, but our offense was **** long before Karl arrived. Lack of a PG who can slash and dish is just the nail in the coffin right now.

We are the most boring basketball team in the nation to watch. Hate on me all you want, but I'd rather watch Copeland, Hall, Wilson, Roby, Morandais, etc. than this team we're fielding night after night. While those teams had poor execution and coaching, they at least were entertaining. RIP College Inn.

Eustachy is a better coach than Boyle - and that is nothing against Boyle. Eustachy is going to be the better coach 9 out of 10 times when he is on the sidelines. They have similar talent to CU and I hoped the home court would give CU the edge but CSU played a better game.

This CU team has some holes including leadership. Hopefully some of this gets covered as the season goes on.

We are the most boring basketball team in the nation to watch. Hate on me all you want, but I'd rather watch Copeland, Hall, Wilson, Roby, Morandais, etc. than this team we're fielding night after night. While those teams had poor execution and coaching, they at least were entertaining. RIP College Inn.
Cal... 15 in the first half....in a win.

my criticism of Booker right now is mostly shot selection. 14 foot jumpers with 30 seconds on the shot clock, off balance heaves in traffic. I still love his fast break to the hoop when he sees the tiniest lane open, just need more of that.

I think some people are throwing Scott under the bus a little quick, but we'll see. We certainly need to find a way to get an inside game going.

I think the real problem is that Boyle's kid isn't dancing like he used to. Either that, or moving the tuba cheer to the first half broke some mojo.

Johnson might be playing the best ball on the team.

And whoever the dickhead in the white SUV in the Kitt parking lot that was blaring the horn at me (I'm the guy with the really big nose in the dirty, green 1990 Lexus) because I didn't let you cut in front of me on the way out after the game -- I'm unapologetic. I already let in the car in front of me at the last "intersection", and that's sufficient to satisfy post-game parking lot etiquette in my book. One car. Not one car at every intersection on the way out of the lot, not one car from every direction at one intersection -- one car. Why one car? Because the one car I let cut in is going to let at least one more cut in at the next intersection, so I have to wait for that one too. Also, if I get to my car before you do, it's not unreasonable that I get out of the lot before you do. peace.

my criticism of Booker right now is mostly shot selection. 14 foot jumpers with 30 seconds on the shot clock, off balance heaves in traffic. I still love his fast break to the hoop when he sees the tiniest lane open, just need more of that.

Most games, that's a legit criticism.

Last night, it's not.

Ski and XJ (and to a small extent Wes) were the only three players that didn't look like deer in headlights. Honestly, last night, I would have rather had Ski shooting from half court than Jelly taking a layup.

Most games, that's a legit criticism.

Last night, it's not.

Ski and XJ (and to a small extent Wes) were the only three players that didn't look like deer in headlights. Honestly, last night, I would have rather had Ski shooting from half court than Jelly taking a layup.

Agreed. Some of bookers shots annoyed me last night, but who other than wes was taking any, esp in the second half and as the game closed out? Dom is hurt, XT & Jhop fouled out. J40 couldnt buy a bucket. that leaves....fletch.

No one was doing anything except XJ & ski last night, and a bit wes. It was the same way in athens too, except swap wes for jelly.

Back