What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

*** Official 2015 Stanford @ Colorado Basketball Game Thread ***

Bill Walton quote of the day... well, semi-quote.

Do you want to go to war with a spoon or a sword? The spoons need to be passing to the swords.

Went skiing and always nice to check the score and see an unexpected win. I predicted on here they wouldn't win again. Glad to be dead wrong. Maybe they go on a run, make the NIT and prove me wrong again!

Do you want to go to war with a spoon or a sword? The spoons need to be passing to the swords.

Huh? That wasn't Walton calling the game.

Offensive rebounding won us that game. It was really ugly, but I'll take it. Here's to winning the rest of our games and the NCAA championship. Roll Tad.

Huh? That wasn't Walton calling the game.

Offensive rebounding won us that game. It was really ugly, but I'll take it. Here's to winning the rest of our games and the NCAA championship. Roll Tad.

Sounded like him... but you are right, I don't remember hearing "Conference of Champions" a hundred times.

Still a great quote.

This was a solid performance. The first time that it really looked like they bought into the defense/rebounding thing. They shot like absolute dog**** (<33% I think) but it didnt matter - they still won. Hopefully some of the guys will note that the shots dont have to fall for them to win. Or maybe stanford was just afraid of the stashe and thought the mayor was going to come back out on the court and punk them (Again)

I didn't see it so I can't really say about the play. Scoreboard is what matters in the end. How funny would it be if we won the Pac 12 tourney? Be a damn miracle but ya never know.

Sounded like him... but you are right, I don't remember hearing "Conference of Champions" a hundred times.

Still a great quote.

It was Kevin O'Neil. He's a worse color guy than he was coach. He was so bad that I was wishing Ernie Kent was calling the game.

It was Kevin O'Neil. He's a worse color guy than he was coach. He was so bad that I was wishing Ernie Kent was calling the game.
That might have been the worst broadcast I have ever heard. No analysis at all. Well, except when he was trying to claim that a defender yanking a offensive player back shouldn't be a foul and that it is a good basketball play.

It was Kevin O'Neil and he didn't hide his disdain for poor decision making by Askia Booker. He gave him his due but he also fried him on at least 3 plays, one is where we got an offensive rebound and he immediately fired a long jumper with a full shot clock. Pretty much summed up my frustrations - why can't a SR leader not do that?

Yeah...no problem with our best shooter and player taking shots when he wants considering this team isn't aggressive.

It was Kevin O'Neil and he didn't hide his disdain for poor decision making by Askia Booker. He gave him his due but he also fried him on at least 3 plays, one is where we got an offensive rebound and he immediately fired a long jumper with a full shot clock. Pretty much summed up my frustrations - why can't a SR leader not do that?

Didn't he make that shot?

Okay, Kevin O'Neil... I got it... I was wrong. :pissed4:

But you can't tell me for a minute that the "spoon - sword" conversation didn't have Walton written all over it.

<pointless anecdote alert>I woke up this morning with absolute certainty that I had heard on one of the channels that two CU basketball players (non-seniors) were leaving the team. They were unnamed, but it had been confirmed by several sources. I came right downstairs and looked here...nothing. I went to the Camera, as well as several other places and didn't see a thing.

I guess it was just an unusually vivid dream...or...a premonition!!!</pointless anecdote>

Was there...my first CU basketball game this year. Good crowd EXCEPT for the shockingly empty student section.

Good defensive effort....terrible offense by BOTH CU and Stanford. Good effort but tough to watch at times. Frustrating.

That might have been the worst broadcast I have ever heard. No analysis at all. Well, except when he was trying to claim that a defender yanking a offensive player back shouldn't be a foul and that it is a good basketball play.

It was God awful. No wonder kevin O'Neill has been fired so many times. I loved at the end when he said Stanford shouldn't have fouled with 14 seconds left down 4.

Got to watch the last 4 minutes of the game on the Southwest Airlines iPad TV app on the plane to Houston. Bummed I couldn't make the game; was a nice surprise to see the game on FS1.

Back