What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2016 Coaching Carousel Thread - How safe is Kevin Sumlin´s job?

Just playing devil's advocate... They have a comparable all time winning percentage as us, a better bowl winning percentage, we've never won a National Title outright, and we've only played in one major bowl game since 1990. Arizona may play second fiddle in recruiting to ASU, but their second fiddle is far better than us being #1 in Colorado. I just think we, as CU fans, put a little too much stock into our major accomplishments that happened 25 years ago.

Didn't you just say you weren't going to downplay CU's accomplishments? Just two posts ago? Whatever, man. If you want to believe Arizona is some sleeping giant, go for it. I don't really give a ****.

Decent analysis overall. Nice to see several facts laid out that all should remember with this program. The hole was very freaking deep here three years ago.

No offense, but not a shock.

None taken. But the recruiting defense was a little much IMO.

There is clear progress on the field and in this recruiting class, but I found the "his recruiting has improved every year" as trying to find a positive instead of just calling like it is.

None taken. But the recruiting defense was a little much IMO.

There is clear progress on the field and in this recruiting class, but I found the "his recruiting has improved every year" as trying to find a positive instead of just calling like it is.

That's a fair point.

Just playing devil's advocate... They have a comparable all time winning percentage as us, a better bowl winning percentage, we've never won a National Title outright, and we've only played in one major bowl game since 1990. Arizona may play second fiddle in recruiting to ASU, but their second fiddle is far better than us being #1 in Colorado. I just think we, as CU fans, put a little too much stock into our major accomplishments that happened 25 years ago.
Are you sure about that? 3 Fiestas and a Cotton...

It's more than that. They've never won the Pac-10/12 (one shared title with USC and UCLA in 93) outright, never played in the Rose Bowl, never had a Heisman winner, won exactly one major bowl game (Fiesta in 94), and no, they've never won a national championship, obviously. They are a mediocre football program in every sense of the word, with a handful of above average seasons.

I like how you mentioned they have only shared the pac10 and say they've never won a MNC when ours was shared. Shared titles were a thing.

You haven't spent much time in Georgia.

Actually, my entire family is down there, but they aren't sports oriented with the exception of my niece, who attended Georgia and is a hard core fan. My nephew went to Tech but doesn't give a rat's ass.

I was thinking more of other places, though. Got a bunch of Missluri fan buds who are very bitter but don't consider that other team co-champs.

I wish he would take a position at CU but I doubt it. He could sure help our special teams, they always seem to be good at that. Pretty big demotion though.

Actually, my entire family is down there, but they aren't sports oriented with the exception of my niece, who attended Georgia and is a hard core fan. My nephew went to Tech but doesn't give a rat's ass.

I was thinking more of other places, though. Got a bunch of Missluri fan buds who are very bitter but don't consider that other team co-champs.
I've done a considerable amount of business in the South East and enjoy their sports talk. Even non-Georgia Tech fans consider us to be the also rans, very regionally based topic.

We've never won a title outright? Well, they've never won or shared one. That team beat the swc champs, the pac 10/rose bowl champs, tied the sec champs, and lost by a point on the road to a big 10 co-champ. Considering the way teams schedule now, its one of the greatest seasons EVER in the sport, and I would say that if I wasnt a fan of this team. We've played in four major bowl games since 1990, not one. You're downplaying our accomplishments, idiot. Not the rest of us.

George O´Leary has retired effective immediately.

Midseason retirements are becoming a thing.

More time to work on his resume?

He´s 69. Just like with Spurrier I think this movie is primarily aimed at giving his assistants a shot to show what they can do and give the school a heads up to have a look at the market early.

Back