What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2016 Coaching Carousel Thread - How safe is Kevin Sumlin´s job?

I don't think Herman would take the South Carolina job, he seems like the next Urban Meyer so he could potentially get a big time job this off season or come back for next year at Houston and definitely get one next year. If Strong does leave Texas I would think they would go after Herman. SC is a very hard job, they aren't even the top dog in their own state.
I think you may be right. If I were TH's agent, I would pass, politely, on the SC job, there are bigger fish he could land. I do think the report saying he is target one is probably on the mark (some may say Mark D;Antonio is target one, and he may be, but he isn't going to SC from MSU), so then you get the Smart, Fuentes, Strong, RichRod speculation. If I were SC, I would get RichRod, knows the SE, recruits FL like a mad man and his O would do well with the kind of athlete SC can get.

I think you may be right. If I were TH's agent, I would pass, politely, on the SC job, there are bigger fish he could land. I do think the report saying he is target one is probably on the mark (some may say Mark D;Antonio is target one, and he may be, but he isn't going to SC from MSU), so then you get the Smart, Fuentes, Strong, RichRod speculation. If I were SC, I would get RichRod, knows the SE, recruits FL like a mad man and his O would do well with the kind of athlete SC can get.

Yes, and Rich Rod seems like a coach that excels with the middle tier type of programs. Him going to Va Tech or South Carolina seems more likely than Herman leaving for a program like that.

Sounds like Alabama OL Coach Mario Cristobal is the favorite to get the Miami job.

Lots of speculation articles published today.

Carousel reset:

The first hiring is in:
Minnesota: Interim HC/DC Tracy Claeys tagged to replace the retiring Jerry Kill

Shown the door:

Maryland: Edsall out
University of North Texas: Dan McCarney out. (OU OC Lincoln Riley supposedly interviewed, ASU AC Chris Thomsen rumors)
University of Illinois: Tim Beckman out.
U$C: Sarkissian out.
The other USC: Spurrier to retire as in right now (h/t to Sno); (Tom Herman, Justin Fuentes, Rich Rod rumors)
Miami: Golden out (Butch Davis, Mario Cristobal rumors)
UCF: O'Leary out
VTech: Beamer retires
UH: Chow out (June Jones wants back in)

Hot seat:

UVA: London
Purdue: Halzell
NMSU: Martin
WVU: Holgerson
Indiana: Wilson

Fledman reporting that Larry Fedora, the UNC head coach could get some serious looks after the season.

Pinkel resigned. 'Health reasons'.

Ok, missouries twitter guy, dave matter, reported he resigned. Then, at the end of the season. Now, maybe not at all. Confusion.

As much as I hated his teams for boat racing our ass' he is a great coach. Bummer for them.

Last edited:
It may not necessarily a terrible thing that all signs point towards HCMM being back when I see the way the coaching carousel is shaping up.

Wow. That's sad to hear. Fantastic coach. Seems like a good man, too, with the way he handled having a gay player and then having players strike over race issues on campus.

I stressed for years that Washington would hire him and go back to being a dominant program (Don James' WR coach & then OC during glory years).

Post-Pinkel Carousel reset:

The first hiring is in:
Minnesota: Interim HC/DC Tracy Claeys tagged to replace the retiring Jerry Kill

Openings:

Mizzou: Pinkel resigns for health reasons (Herman, Fuentes, Matt Ruhle rumors)

Maryland: Edsall out (Bill O'Brien rumors)
University of North Texas: Dan McCarney out. (OU OC Lincoln Riley supposedly interviewed, ASU AC Chris Thomsen rumors)
University of Illinois: Tim Beckman out.
U$C: Sarkissian out.
The other USC: Spurrier to retire as in right now (h/t to Sno); (Tom Herman, Justin Fuentes, Rich Rod rumors)
Miami: Golden out (Butch Davis, Mario Cristobal rumors)
UCF: O'Leary out
VTech: Beamer retires
UH: Chow out (June Jones wants back in)
UL_Monroe: Todd Berry fired.

KjSU: Snyder may retire, 76 years old now, KjSU looking at possible replacements (Matt Wells, Brent Venables, Jim Leavitt rumors)

Hot seat:

UVA: London
Purdue: Halzell
NMSU: Martin
WVU: Holgerson
Indiana: Wilson

Last edited:
and who does LSU think they can land as an improvement?

Not sure but it would be interesting to see which direction they went. Would they want a young offensive minded coach like Herman who is close and has great ties to their second home in Houston?

Back