What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2016 Coaching Carousel Thread - How safe is Kevin Sumlin´s job?

2015: 7wins (so far)
2014: 8 wins
2013: 10 wins
2012: 10 wins
2011: 13 wins (Only loss to Bama in the NC game, should never have been LSU vs Bama anyway)
2010: 11 wins
2009: 9 wins
2008: 8 Wins
2007: 12 wins, National Champions
2006: 11 wins
2005: 11 wins
2004: 9 wins

I don't get it. The dude has never had a losing record and they are going to pay him $15 million to leave.

Wow. Why would Jimbo leave FSU for corndog land? I don't see that happening.
There is literally only one college town in the football landscape which holds players less accountable for their behavior than Tallahassee. Amazingly, it's not lincoln.

2011: 13 wins (Only loss to Bama in the NC game, should never have been LSU vs Bama anyway)

I don't get it. The dude has never had a losing record and they are going to pay him $15 million to leave.
some programs truly take their football serious. Try to fix a problem proactively before it gets to the point CU is at.

I remember driving through Baton Rouge in the 90s and seeing all of the Geaux Tigers bumper stickers.

CU was on top of the football world. LSU was, like, a 3 and 9 nobody from a ****ty conference. I remember wondering how anybody could root for a team so bad.

Obviously, my sense of football fandom entitlement has been right-sized in time. But there is no edict that says LSU should sit atop the football world. Their fans may face a similar reality to nebraska (post Solich) if this happens.

Part of it is LSU hubris. Part of it is that LM is close to retirement and they don't want him playing out the string, or, more likely, to hinder recruiting when other coaches are saying he is playing out the string. LSU realizes getting players is paramount.

some programs truly take their football serious. Try to fix a problem proactively before it gets to the point CU is at.

I am all for firing a coach if you decide they are not able to do the job anymore. But paying a coach the caliber of Les Miles 15 million dollars to go away just blows my mind.

I am all for firing a coach if you decide they are not able to do the job anymore. But paying a coach the caliber of Les Miles 15 million dollars to go away just blows my mind.
I agree with you $15 mil is a lot..How much $ has CU wasted the last 10+ years? That $15 doesn't look quite as big.

Well his presser was pointless. Nothing said about job status. Focusing on Texas A&M game this weekend. Allowed two questions about job rumors and pretty much said nothing.

Rumors all over the web though that LSU donors have the money and are willing to front the 20mil to fire him and his staff.

Well his presser was pointless. Nothing said about job status. Focusing on Texas A&M game this weekend. Allowed two questions about job rumors and pretty much said nothing.

Rumors all over the web though that LSU donors have the money and are willing to front the 20mil to fire him and his staff.
The Hat prevails...

Is it wrong that I'm officially rooting for coaching apocalypse this season for the sheer entertainment value. Imagine if Strong actually took the Miami gig and Georgia parts ways with Richt. You'd have Texas, USC, LSU, and Georgia open at the same time. Bama, FSU, Michigan State, and Clemson would all potentially be at risk if someone comes in with a godfather offer...and that's not even counting solid jobs like Va Tech and Mizzou already being open.

Gotta love declarative statements like this with the coach carousel about to hit the fan.
You might want to research D'Antonio and the way he lives his life. He has spoken many times of his commitments. That is his last job.

You might want to research D'Antonio and the way he lives his life. He has spoken many times of his commitments. That is his last job.

Yeah, a ton of coaches say the same thing right before they leave. I am not saying you are wrong, just that stuff like that always happens and this years seems more hectic than ever before.

my guess is D'Antonio is Gonna be Saban's Replacement at Bama

Dantonio is smart enough not to take that job. I think the odds of him leaving Michigan State are low regardless, but he is a bad fit for Alabama and he knows it.

Dantonio is smart enough not to take that job. I think the odds of him leaving Michigan State are low regardless, but he is a bad fit for Alabama and he knows it.
How could anybody be a bad fit for 'Bama?

920x920.jpg

Early interviews at UCF include Geoff Collins and Randy Shannon. Chizik and Dino Babers rumored to be on the list as well.

I was perusing LSU's TigerDroppings board and there is a thread about Twitter indications that Kelley is parting ways with the Eagles. It may be nothing though and just based on some speculation earlier today by Schefter. I wonder if USC has their man? Would they be okay with his non-traditional offense?

It's probably the last thing the Buff's need to have him back in the conference and in our division, though you'd think anyone they get will be a top coach. Its probably too much to expect them to whiff a third time in a row.

Damn, Memphis has really fallen apart. Fuente will be lucky if he can still sneak out of there with a good job lined up.

Tom Herman still looking good, but some luster will come off if he loses the season finale to a 16th ranked Navy..

I wonder if anyone gives Navy's coach (not even gonna try) a go?

and then finally, Temple's Matt Ruhle looking like he's on the right path. Again, scary for schools to hire him since he really only has had 1 good year.

I was perusing LSU's TigerDroppings board and there is a thread about Twitter indications that Kelley is parting ways with the Eagles. It may be nothing though and just based on some speculation earlier today by Schefter. I wonder if USC has their man? Would they be okay with his non-traditional offense?

It's probably the last thing the Buff's need to have him back in the conference and in our division, though you'd think anyone they get will be a top coach. Its probably too much to expect them to whiff a third time in a row.

Dan Patrick was talking about it today and it aounded like it is john harbaugh's job to lose. Also said chip kelly was not on their list

Last edited:
Back