What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2016 Coaching Carousel Thread - How safe is Kevin Sumlin´s job?

Herman has withdrawn himself from the South Carolina vacancy, new frontrunner Kirby Smart

I was perusing LSU's TigerDroppings board and there is a thread about Twitter indications that Kelley is parting ways with the Eagles. It may be nothing though and just based on some speculation earlier today by Schefter. I wonder if USC has their man? Would they be okay with his non-traditional offense?

It's probably the last thing the Buff's need to have him back in the conference and in our division, though you'd think anyone they get will be a top coach. Its probably too much to expect them to whiff a third time in a row.
Chip Kelley is a tricky one. He is really, really bad at interacting with people (donors and media). Oregon was a great fit for him because the local media is not very aggressive and there are only two donors that matter (and they don't need to be smoozed). I realize that winning cures all but I'm just not sure how he'll do at some of these schools where he'd need to do the song and dance routine for the donors.

Herman has withdrawn himself from the South Carolina vacancy, new frontrunner Kirby Smart
My guess is Herman is biding his time for a real blue blood gig. LSU and UT leap to mind, maybe UGA. One, all three or none of those could open this year. Why bother with USC east?

My guess is Herman is biding his time for a real blue blood gig. LSU and UT leap to mind, maybe UGA. One, all three or none of those could open this year. Why bother with USC east?

Supposedly he would wait for Texas and there is actually language in his proposed contract extension with Houston that would reduce the buyout for UT only.

Chip Kelley is a tricky one. He is really, really bad at interacting with people (donors and media). Oregon was a great fit for him because the local media is not very aggressive and there are only two donors that matter (and they don't need to be smoozed). I realize that winning cures all but I'm just not sure how he'll do at some of these schools where he'd need to do the song and dance routine for the donors.

Sounds like a perfect fit for here, lol. We have no major high profile boosters to speak of, haven't had a formidable beat writer for years, and the Denver media completely ignores the Buffs outside of a few days during CU/CSU week or writing the occasional click bait article about how we should join the MWC or give up football.

Tom Mason, DC at that juggernaut UH program, relieved of duties and reassigned to administrative duties in less than one year. UH DB coach will call the D in UH's finale. The guy whose D held CU to its current season avg. cannot even keep his job through year one. The hits just keep on coming....

vader-nooooo.jpg

I don't think Jimbo leaves FSU-but the one thing that is giving LSU hope that he will is his personal life-Not sure if you remember (and this probably belongs in one of several threads poking fun at how out of control they are) but he's in the middle of a divorce. His wife got caught cheating on him........with a former Florida Gator. I guess they hope he wants a change of scenery.

On Illinois-Footballscoop put a thing up today about what a disaster they are. They want Bud Foster, but nobody knows who is going to interview him. The fact that Bill Cubit (the only reason he hasn't got the gig yet is the concern over what did he know relative to the Tim Beckman thing) got them to 5-6 given all the crap that has gone on out there is a small miracle......Seems like they should give Cubit a contract similar to the one Tracy Claeys got at Minnesota-very short and school friendly. Footballscoop also says not to be shocked if Illinois tries to make one more run at Rick George.

One more opening to add to the list-Tulane is going to fire Curtis Johnson after their game with Tulsa Saturday (USA Today/Footballscoop)

Would he be an upgrade over Walters?

Yes. Look at that career trajectory. Until failing at his first HC opportunity, he'd climbed to the top of his craft as a WR coach first on the college level (Reggie Wayne, Santana Moss, Andre Johnson - national championship) and than with that high powered Saints attack that won a Superbowl.

1984–1986 Lewiston (ID) HS (WR)
1987–1988 Idaho (WR)
1989–1993 San Diego St. (WR)
1994 SMU (WR)
1995 Cal (WR)
1996–2005 Miami (FL) (WR)
2006–2011 New Orleans Saints (WR)
2012–Present Tulane

Looks like Tim DeRuyter is going to get fired. (FootballScoop)

Fresno State: As we and plenty of others reported yesterday on twitter. Changes are coming at Fresno. They play Saturday night. Let it play out and then the news will come. Thanksgiving.

There was speculation this week that Chip Kelly had lost his Eagles team. Based on what Detroit is doing to them today, I'm guessing there's fire with that smoke. If he gets fired or just decides to return to college, he's easily the #1 candidate with a choice of jobs.

There was speculation this week that Chip Kelly had lost his Eagles team. Based on what Detroit is doing to them today, I'm guessing there's fire with that smoke. If he gets fired or just decides to return to college, he's easily the #1 candidate with a choice of jobs.
Tennessee with Mariota would be intriguing if he decides to give the NFL another shot.

Back