What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2016 Coaching Carousel

I heard some sec hacks on the radio - someone and Dickerson? - sobbing their eyeballs out today because an sec team (LSU) played an actual road game. They were suggesting that the AD be hung.

I bet, the greatest conference alive doesn't like to leave the south.
I should have put up Dan Mullen also not a good loss.

I heard some sec hacks on the radio - someone and Dickerson? - sobbing their eyeballs out today because an sec team (LSU) played an actual road game. They were suggesting that the AD be hung.

No surprise. Neutral site "event", conference game or regional cupcake at home. Anything else is too risky and is frowned upon by every SEC program except UGA, the only one which deserves our respect on scheduling.

I would say that les miles seat is even hotter after Saturday's loss and how good bama looked with a freshman QB.

Miles and Stoops may be in similar situations this year. Neither fan base is known for patience and high expectations may already be in trouble. Another loss for either one of them and the natives (and more importantly the $$$$$boosters) are going to be restless.

No surprise. Neutral site "event", conference game or regional cupcake at home. Anything else is too risky and is frowned upon by every SEC program except UGA, the only one which deserves our respect on scheduling.
I'll give credit to LSU in the losing effort as well. Wisconsin at Lambeau Field? Can you set yourself up for a more hostile road game not in the opposing team's home stadium?

Miles and Stoops may be in similar situations this year. Neither fan base is known for patience and high expectations may already be in trouble. Another loss for either one of them and the natives (and more importantly the $$$$$boosters) are going to be restless.
Can LSU afford it this year?

Can LSU afford it this year?

All depends on how much changing coaches is worth to the boosters.

They don't have the money in the athletic budget but they have some people who care enough about winning that coming up not only the buyout but a good chunk of the next coaches contract wouldn't surprise.

All depends on how much changing coaches is worth to the boosters.

They don't have the money in the athletic budget but they have some people who care enough about winning that coming up not only the buyout but a good chunk of the next coaches contract wouldn't surprise.
Les needs to run the table and win the natty or he gone.

How the hell does LSU not have the money?
It's more of how bad the university is doing financially and that's what saved him last year, the buyout vs the budget shortfall of the university. They didn't want the negative PR and politics from it.

It's more of how bad the university is doing financially and that's what saved him last year, the buyout vs the budget shortfall of the university. They didn't want the negative PR and politics from it.

Yep. Even the governor stepped in. State was facing a budget crisis along with the university. Would have been very bad optics. I can't see how it's any better in late 2016, though, with Baton Rouge rebuilding from a flood and many residents struggling to get enough from insurance & FEMA to replace what they lost.

In terms of the LA economy, it's almost completely tied to oil prices. When high, the state runs a surplus. When low, the state goes bankrupt.

Oh. So they are like CU. Amazing. Never would have thought it. Thanks.

Auburn and Alabama have both had seasons where they left the state three times and/or where they don't play games in a state that isn't or doesn't border Alabama.

Alabama has played 4 true OOC road games this millennium (UCLA, OU, Penn State, Duke), 2 since 2002 (Duke, PSU), none since 2011.

I think Stoops bought himself another 3 years with the playoff appearance and the B12 title. He also has Mayfield for one more season after this. He's also relatively young at 55.

Auburn and Alabama have both had seasons where they left the state three times and/or where they don't play games in a state that isn't or doesn't border Alabama.

Alabama has played 4 true OOC road games this millennium (UCLA, OU, Penn State, Duke), 2 since 2002 (Duke, PSU), none since 2011.

That is so absurd.

I've got a few observations after week 1: Troy Calhoun will get a chance to ride the carousel if he wants to. AFA has a chance to win 10, 11, or maybe even 12 games with that schedule. Tom Herman isn't leaving Houston-they don't have to leave their city to recruit. He's got it really, really good down there. Watch the name Sterlin Gilbert in connection with the Baylor job if UT continues to click IMO.

Except...don't they regularly do 8 home games a season?

Methinks the Clay Helton tenure may be very short. 3 Losses in a row, an absolute mud holing by Bama, it's not like they changed staffs or schemes, the talent is the same, the X factor is Helton. Haden really screwed the pooch on that one. SC has the resources and cache to get nearly any available HC and they went for their version of Tom Cable. He better start winning...but who kn ows didn't SC hire Lynn Swann as AD? Not a lot of deep thinking going on there.

Methinks the Clay Helton tenure may be very short. 3 Losses in a row, an absolute mud holing by Bama, it's not like they changed staffs or schemes, the talent is the same, the X factor is Helton. Haden really screwed the pooch on that one. SC has the resources and cache to get nearly any available HC and they went for their version of Tom Cable. He better start winning...but who kn ows didn't SC hire Lynn Swann as AD? Not a lot of deep thinking going on there.

SC lacks some depth still but their problem has nothing to do with talent. They need a coach who is willing and able to impose an attitude change on the program which may mean running off a bunch of talented players who don't have the right attitudes. It may also mean running of some of the hangers on around the program that feed into those attitudes.

Herman to SC is going to be a story all season. And SC totally jumped the gun last offseason.

I'd start my research on the Tuscaloosa real estate market if I was Helton.

Joey just got himself a wingman.

Didn't Sarkisian's wife divorce him prior to getting fired? Joey will now have the place to take the ladies.

Herman to SC is going to be a story all season. And SC totally jumped the gun last offseason.
It's going to be interesting to see who comes after him is Texas and A&m have good seasons. Might not be as many big jobs open this year.

It's going to be interesting to see who comes after him is Texas and A&m have good seasons. Might not be as many big jobs open this year.

When was the last time there weren't a bunch of big jobs open. Everyone is optimistic this time of year. Let's see who is unhappy 12 weeks from now.

SC should be on the list. Miles at LSU best not lose from here on out. Others will get pushed as well. And that doesn't include the guys who just retire.

Back