What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2016 Coaching Carousel

So other than Oregon and Helfrich, are there any other P12 coaches on the hot seat? Maybe Rodriguez, I suspect Sonny Dykes will be applying for every college HC job in the free world again. Anybody else?

I don't think Rich Rod is gone as his buyout is in the realm of stupid ($20 million +) and I don't think Arizona has that kind of money. I'm sure they would love it if he suddenly decided he wanted the SMU job.

Sonny won't get canned, but his bags are packed if he can find something else.

Graham also has 1 more year (assuming they beat UA and go to a bowl).

I have no idea if Mora Jr. stays or goes. He could jump ship on his own, but more than likely he is back for 1 more year.

I don't think Rich Rod is gone as his buyout is in the realm of stupid ($20 million +) and I don't think Arizona has that kind of money. I'm sure they would love it if he suddenly decided he wanted the SMU job.

Sonny won't get canned, but his bags are packed if he can find something else.

Graham also has 1 more year (assuming they beat UA and go to a bowl).

I have no idea if Mora Jr. stays or goes. He could jump ship on his own, but more than likely he is back for 1 more year.

I think Mora will ride Rosen out of town next year.

But I do expect to see some turnover of coaches in the Pac-12 this offseason. Last year was strangely quiet.

Gundy's name keeps popping up but LSU fans sound underwhelmed with that choice :/

Haters in the club.

This is a total guess, but I think Tom Herman winds up in Baton Rouge. I don't think he wants the Texas job. Mike Perrin is an interim AD IIRC, and the boosters clearly run things in Austin. Not only that, but he was a college teammate of Dave Aranda (current LSU DC-and a guy they want to keep).

Why wouldn't LSU just keep Orgeron? Seems like the guy is getting it done and we all know he's a recruiting madman.

It is definitely a good time for Herman. Two, and maybe more, high profile P5 jobs open.

Yep. Chatter from all the talking heads is that ruined Coach O's chances. It would pretty much be replacing Miles with Miles.
Considering the fact that Harbaugh, Saban and Meyer aren't available, replacing Miles with Miles is as good as they could realistically hope for, IMO.
This isn't going to end well for LSU. They're going to pay a guy millions of dollars to not coach and replace him with somebody who isn't as good.

Considering the fact that Harbaugh, Saban and Meyer aren't available, replacing Miles with Miles is as good as they could realistically hope for, IMO.
This isn't going to end well for LSU. They're going to pay a guy millions of dollars to not coach and replace him with somebody who isn't as good.

Odds are they'll get Jimbo Fisher from FSU and if that falls through (Jimbo has some family issues that might keep him from moving), I expect they'll hire Larry Fedora from UNC.

Odds are they'll get Jimbo Fisher from FSU and if that falls through (Jimbo has some family issues that might keep him from moving), I expect they'll hire Larry Fedora from UNC.
And neither of those guys are as good as Miles, IMO. They're not bad (I have my doubts that Jimbo will leave FSU), but they're not appreciable improvements over the guy they just fired, either. LSUs problem is Saban, not Miles.

And neither of those guys are as good as Miles, IMO. They're not bad (I have my doubts that Jimbo will leave FSU), but they're not appreciable improvements over the guy they just fired, either. LSUs problem is Saban, not Miles.

2013-2016 seasons, Miles went 16-11 in conference play. His problems went far beyond Saban.

I think you've got a bit of a skewed view of Miles.

2013-2016 seasons, Miles went 16-11 in conference play. His problems went far beyond Saban.

I think you've got a bit of a skewed view of Miles.
It's entirely possible. I'm not going to look it up, but I suspect every SEC school not named "Alabama" has a similar or worse record over that same time period. Dumping Miles isn't going to change that. They want SEC titles in Baton Rouge, but as long as Saban is at Alabama, that's going to be unlikely.

It's entirely possible. I'm not going to look it up, but I suspect every SEC school not named "Alabama" has a similar or worse record over that same time period. Dumping Miles isn't going to change that. They want SEC titles in Baton Rouge, but as long as Saban is at Alabama, that's going to be unlikely.
Their recruiting has been right there with Alabama's each and every year. The knock on Miles is that he hasn't changed his offensive approach to bring it into the 21st century. Even Saban and Alabama have adapted and left the ground and pound, I Formation, RB getting 35 carries/game offense and implemented Kiffin's spread, read option and RPO scheme. Yes, Alabama is extremely well coached and it's going to be tough for anyone to dethrone them, but it's not like Miles is losing 1 game a year to Bama and that's it. He's just run his course in Baton Rouge.

Sorry for the tl;dr post.

Like holic had previously said, Les Miles' LSU teams notoriously lost above the shoulders and with some pretty hilarious coaching blunders. They still found ways to compete with Bama in both recruiting and head to head play despite some meh to bad QB play and all the other mental errors.

Saban is incredible, no doubt. But it's not like he hasn't ever lost a game or a recruit. With all the next level talent that LSU has had, there was absolutely no reason for all the underachieving and it wasn't just losing against Saban. It's what sparks things like:

That said, I'm thinking Fisher will flop. They're going to pay him like a top 2 coach lol. His FSU teams played down to competition too, things like Wake Forest playing within 10 is unacceptable given how stacked FSU has been.

Meanwhile, Eddy O was getting LSU to finally demolish teams with less talent, something that Les' teams haven't truly done since '11. That's even with their TE coach calling plays. They have a major pocket passer coming in this recruiting class and it's a shame that the fanbase and boosters are going to force him out for a big splash hire.

Everyone keeps saying Jimbo to LSU. I've read it a few times, but I really don't understand the appeal and the reasoning he would make that move? LSU the School is in huge financial troubles. Unless LSU comes with a contract he can't turn down (which I am guessing will be the case), I don't see why he would make that move.

Everyone keeps saying Jimbo to LSU. I've read it a few times, but I really don't understand the appeal and the reasoning he would make that move? LSU the School is in huge financial troubles. Unless LSU comes with a contract he can't turn down (which I am guessing will be the case), I don't see why he would make that move.
Rumor on the audible yesterday is that he doesn't have the best relationship with the AD at FSU and LSU is the better job, especially considering he knows the dynamic/expectations there.

I thought Jimbo's wife threw down with a UF player...I would think Baton Rouge would be a nice change of scenery.

Rumor on the audible yesterday is that he doesn't have the best relationship with the AD at FSU and LSU is the better job, especially considering he knows the dynamic/expectations there.
I guess if you can bank a few extra million over the next few years, then job security probably isn't that important. However, if I were Jimbo, I'd look at the way that FSU managed Bowden's (public) senility for his last few years coaching, how FSU handled the transition from Bowden to himself, and and then compare it to how LSU treats coaches like disposable accessories.

I guess if you can bank a few extra million over the next few years, then job security probably isn't that important. However, if I were Jimbo, I'd look at the way that FSU managed Bowden's (public) senility for his last few years coaching, how FSU handled the transition from Bowden to himself, and and then compare it to how LSU treats coaches like disposable accessories.
The path to the playoffs is easier in the ACC.

Back