What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2016 Coaching Carousel

Wouldn't be too surprised to see Baylor go after Helfrich after everyone else turns them down.

And like when SMU had no other options than a famous alum to take the job, I think ****bailer will end up hiring someone like Mike Singletary.

Seriously here. They're negotiating with Arkansas State's HC (Blake Anderson) now. If that doesn't happen (a Sun Belt coach who went 7-5 & is a former Baylor player), it's going to get even more desperate.

Watching coach after coach turn them down, and take, or even better, not take other jobs has been the definition of schadenfreude.

**** bailer

http://www.pistolsfiringblog.com/report-mike-gundy-meeting-baylor-regarding-head-coach-vacancy/

popcorn_yes.gif
Haha Big 12 title game.

According to the Baylor fans Sabin is coming in for an interview but they won't offer him until later in the week after Belichek has been in to visit.

Actually a mid-level G5 coach is about appropriate.

The Baylor name seems to be cancer among recruits, they just aren't going there. Worse is what is going to happen if the feds come in and do a title IX investigation.

As long as Baylor is willing to play the games though the agents don't mind using them to boost their guys contracts, even if the guys wouldn't go there for any amount of money.

Arkansas media saying reports aren't true. Quite like Anderson, too good for Baylor. Needs more time at his own level.

Holy ****, word on reddit is that Gundy is interviewing there....

Monday Morning reset

Open jobs:

1. Cincinnati- Tommy Tuberville resigns. Meanwhile, Mike Bohn calls Chuck.....MB says P.J. Fleck is a candidate, and HC experience not required. I sent my resume this a.m. Other names: Charles Strong.
2. San Jose St. Ron Carragher fired. Marcus Arroyo, OK St. RB coach a leading candidate,
3. Florida Atl. U- fired Charlie Partridge, Jim Leavitt, Mario Cristobal, and Randy Shannon mentioned.
4. Nevada- Brian Polian out. Marques Tuiasosopo, Chris Klenakis, Louisville CO-OC mentioned. Marques Tuiasosopo, may be out, Jay Norvell, ASU WR Beau Baldwin EWU, HC, and Andy Ludwig, Vandy OC now in the mix.
5. Oregon- Helfrich out. Willie Taggart of USF, a leading candidate, Scott Frost has come out stating he is not a candidate. Sparkles says he is not in contact (which means his agent is talking to them every hour on the hour), Chip Kelly says no thanks, Bryan Harsin, Greg Schiano, Kyle Whittingham, Philip Montgomery, James Franklin, Larry Fedora all being mentioned. UPDATE: P.J. Fleck OUT
6. Baylor- Grobe will not return. h/t buffedup. Names: reports Les Miles has spoken with the crazy Baptists. Chad Morriss(OUT OF THE PICTURE), Dino Babers. Larry Fedora in the mix. UPDATE: Cal's Sonny Dykes is a serious candidate and has interviewed. Knew, although probably not in Biblical manner, the Baylor AD previously and interviewed for the UH gig with him. UPDATE: Mike Gundy either is, or is not interviewing, ditto Arky St. Blake Anderson, McIntyre publicly says no to bailer (YEA!) UPDATE TO THE UPDATE OF THE UPDATE: Gundy out, bailer now throwing darts at list of HC's, and releasing the name of most every HC in DI hoping somebody will assume command of the dumpster fire. Quickly becoming the most entertaining search going...flail on bailer.

Jobs filled:

1. Fresno- Jeff Tedford gets the job, mid-season. Good hire, but the timing is weird. Of note, D II Danny applied and interviewed for the gig, according to the Fresno Bee.
2. FIU- Butch Davis takes the FIU gig. 5 year deal and all the Banana Boat products he wants. HaLk is the OC, [insert laugh track here], until he took his rodeo back to DII, where he belongs.
3. LSU- Ed Orgeron takes the job when Herman's price was apparently to high. Jimbo stays at FSU.
4. UT- Herman to UT. Strong's firing wasn't even out of the AD's mouth before Herman was emptying HCCS' desk...looks like this was in the works for a while. UT apparently talked to Jimbo, Dabo and John Harbaugh.
5. Indiana- Kevin Wilson out, Tom Allen promoted and hired, pretty much all in one day. (h/t unionbuff on the firing, buffnik on the hire)
6. Purdue- Jeff Brohm from WKU gets the nod.

Secondary openings:

1. UH- Herman hits the road, no names yet, search firm hired. Lane Kiffin seems to be the leading candidate, UH, rather publicly, slams door on Briles..
2. Western Kentucky- Brohm to Purdue.

Other news: Doeren safe at NCST with the win over UNC.
DII Danny takes the reins at UC-Davis
MikMac staying put.

10 bucks says Danny DII has put his hat in the ring at Houston and **** bailer, but there is a very good reason it hasn't leaked (hint: no one cares).

Footballscoop with another interesting update on the ****bailer search:

Baylor: Last night we wrote that Baylor and A-State head coach Blake Anderson had begun negotiating, noting that the deal is not done. Reps have since alerted us to contract language in Anderson’s contract with A-State precluding him from being able to engage in direct talks without prior consent which they had not sought as of last night. Our understanding is that several coaches, typically through their agents, have discussed terms of a deal with Baylor only to have the deal then fizzle. Will update as more transpires.

Baylor: Last night we wrote that Baylor and A-State head coach Blake Anderson had begun negotiating, noting that the deal is not done. Reps have since alerted us to contract language in Anderson’s contract with A-State precluding him from being able to engage in direct talks without prior consent which they had not sought as of last night. Our understanding is that several coaches, typically through their agents, have discussed terms of a deal with Baylor only to have the deal then fizzle. Will update as more transpires.
Wow, sounds even more toxic than I thought. So bailer is now focused on a Sun Belt coach? I guess he played QB there, so there's that....

That won't be an issue that stops this from happening if it is legitimately an interest on both sides. Rule #1 of management: don't **** with people looking for a promotion.

I think the Anderson-level of coach is a heck of a lot more likely and Gundy is more delusional PR intended to keep their fans from showing up at the door with pitchforks. Though now there a several tweets saying Anderson isn't talking to them. They can't get anyone other than Dykes to even admit they want the job.

Last edited:
Why even a Temple coach would go to **** bailor is beyond me unless he graduates all his contributors and knows he has nothing left. Which means he's not a very good coach.

How long before Briles' son gets the job and Art, having nothing else to do, hangs around 18 hours a day and on the sidelines?

What's bizarre to me is that Baylor hired a coach with zero recruiting ties to the state of Texas. That's good for CU. It was a big thing that delayed Charlie Strong's ability to turn things around quickly even with the UT resources. Scandal, being a lesser P5 program in the state & no recruiting ties? I'll be surprised if Rhule is able to succeed. Looks like a career killer. They must have backed up the Brinks truck.

What's bizarre to me is that Baylor hired a coach with zero recruiting ties to the state of Texas. That's good for CU. It was a big thing that delayed Charlie Strong's ability to turn things around quickly even with the UT resources. Scandal, being a lesser P5 program in the state & no recruiting ties? I'll be surprised if Rhule is able to succeed. Looks like a career killer. They must have backed up the Brinks truck.
Nice too that's he's an NFL system guy who's inheriting a completely different system.

It is a head scratcher, other than bailer was down to HC number 22 on their list. How depressing this must be for Sonny Dykes. Interviews at UH, turned down. Chases bailer, turned down, chases UVA, turned down, basically he has been throwing himself at every DI job for the last couple of years at cannot catch a train out of Berkeley....

Back