What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2016 Coaching Carousel

I don't understand why Gundy is always looked at like an underwhelming hire to so many fans/reporters. He has taken OSU to their ceiling IMO, isn't that a lot of what you look for in a coach?

Indiana fired Kevin Wilson for some reason

What, exactly, do they think they are as a football program? Outside of Bloomington, I'd think over 80% of football people believe he is doing a good job there. :confused:

Edit: Quick google search. "Player treatment concerns". Must be a Leach-type incident.

What, exactly, do they think they are as a football program? Outside of Bloomington, I'd think over 80% of football people believe he is doing a good job there. :confused:

Edit: Quick google search. "Player treatment concerns". Must be a Leach-type incident.
Forcing players to play with more than minor injuries and such

Reset post-Indiana lightening round on the Carousel

Open jobs:

1. Purdue- Darrell Hazell fired. Names: Troy Calhoun of AFA (he has since denied), former LSU HC Les Miles (OUT OF THE PICTURE), Jacksonville Jag OC Greg Olson. P.J. Fleck is apparently target number one.
2. San Jose St. Ron Carragher fired. Brian Lindgren? Marcus Arroyo, OK St. RB coach a leading candidate
3. Florida Atl. U- fired Charlie Partridge, Jim Leavitt, Mario Cristobal, and Randy Shannon mentioned.
4. Nevada- Brian Polian out. Marques Tuiasosopo, Chris Klenakis, Louisville CO-OC mentioned.
5. Oregon- Helfrich out. Willie Taggart of USF, a leading candidate, Scott Frost has come out stating he is not a candidate. Sparkles says he is not in contact (which means his agent is talking to them every hour on the hour), Chip Kelly says no thanks, Bryan Harsin, Greg Schiano, P.J. Fleck, Kyle Whittingham, Philip Montgomery, James Franklin, Larry Fedora all being mentioned.
6. Baylor- Grobe will not return. h/t buffedup. Chad Morriss, mentioned, but staying at SMU. Names: Don't know, but something tells me Dykes may be on their radar, reports Les Miles has spoken with the crazy Baptists. Chad Morriss(OUT OF THE PICTURE), Dino Babers and, according to some MikMac himself. Larry Fedora in the mix. UPDATE: Cal's Sonny Dykes is a serious candidate and has interviewed with the new Baylor AD when he was at UH.

Jobs filled:

1. Fresno- Jeff Tedford gets the job, mid-season. Good hire, but the timing is weird. Of note, D II Danny applied and interviewed for the gig, according to the Fresno Bee.
2. FIU- Butch Davis takes the FIU gig. 5 year deal and all the Banana Boat products he wants. HaLk is the OC, [insert laugh track here].
3. LSU- Ed Orgeron takes the job when Herman's price was apparently to high. Jimbo stays at FSU.
4. UT- Herman to UT. Strong's firing wasn't even out of the AD's mouth before Herman was emptying HCCS' desk...looks like this was in the works for a while. UT apparently talked to Jimbo, Dabo and John Harbaugh.
5. Indiana- Kevin Wilson out, Tom Allen promoted and hired, pretty much all in one day. (h/t unionbuff on the firing, buffnik on the hire)

Secondary openings:

1. UH- Herman hits the road, no names yet, search firm hired. Lane Kiffin, Art Briles

Other news: Doeren safe at NCST with the win over UNC.
DII Danny takes the reins at UC-Davis
I expect a handful of other jobs to open, mdelpizzo1 has a pretty good list a few pages back.....​

Wilson must have really stepped in it. Indiana football was more relevant than they've been in years even if it seemed close to their ceiling. If this player treatment baggage doesn't make him untouchable next year then some team is going to make a big splash with their OC hire.

Would have had more scoop if Indiana hadn't moved so fast . My niece is the girlfriend of Tom Allen's son (& IU commit).

I don't know who Tom Allen is but if he is committed to IU and has a son old enough to be dating....well I just can't figure out that timeline.

Wish this would die, probably nothing but annoying that it continues to live.

Who is this guy and how arrogant can he and other ****bailer people be?

Parameters of the deal?? What, is ****bailer dictating terms to them as if it's a highly sought after job??

You expect that everybody know where the **** you live? Usually people from Seattle have egos that big not Portlandiers.
No, not everybody but I've posted enough about being in Portland that I figured it was pretty common knowledge. You must not frequent the beer threads.

Reset post-Indiana lightening round on the Carousel

Open jobs:

1. Purdue- Darrell Hazell fired. Names: UPDATE: Troy Calhoun of AFA , P.J. Fleck of Western Michigan, Jeff Brohm, WKU and Skip Holtz, LA Tech. Boilermakers looking to hire by Monday or Tuesday of next week.
2. San Jose St. Ron Carragher fired. Marcus Arroyo, OK St. RB coach a leading candidate. UPDATE: CU's Klayton Adams
3. Florida Atl. U- fired Charlie Partridge, Jim Leavitt, Mario Cristobal, and Randy Shannon mentioned.
4. Nevada- Brian Polian out. Marques Tuiasosopo, Chris Klenakis, Louisville CO-OC mentioned.
5. Oregon- Helfrich out. Willie Taggart of USF, a leading candidate, Scott Frost has come out stating he is not a candidate. Sparkles says he is not in contact (which means his agent is talking to them every hour on the hour), Chip Kelly says no thanks, Bryan Harsin, Greg Schiano, P.J. Fleck, Kyle Whittingham, Philip Montgomery, James Franklin, Larry Fedora all being mentioned.
6. Baylor- Grobe will not return. h/t buffedup. Chad Morriss, mentioned, but staying at SMU. Names: Don't know, but something tells me Dykes may be on their radar, reports Les Miles has spoken with the crazy Baptists. Chad Morriss(OUT OF THE PICTURE), Dino Babers and, according to some MikMac himself. Larry Fedora in the mix. UPDATE: Cal's Sonny Dykes is a serious candidate and has interviewed with the new Baylor AD when he was at UH.

Jobs filled:

1. Fresno- Jeff Tedford gets the job, mid-season. Good hire, but the timing is weird. Of note, D II Danny applied and interviewed for the gig, according to the Fresno Bee.
2. FIU- Butch Davis takes the FIU gig. 5 year deal and all the Banana Boat products he wants. HaLk is the OC, [insert laugh track here].
3. LSU- Ed Orgeron takes the job when Herman's price was apparently to high. Jimbo stays at FSU.
4. UT- Herman to UT. Strong's firing wasn't even out of the AD's mouth before Herman was emptying HCCS' desk...looks like this was in the works for a while. UT apparently talked to Jimbo, Dabo and John Harbaugh.
5. Indiana- Kevin Wilson out, Tom Allen promoted and hired, pretty much all in one day. (h/t unionbuff on the firing, buffnik on the hire)

Secondary openings:

1. UH- Herman hits the road, no names yet, search firm hired. Lane Kiffin will interview, Art Briles UPDATE: Lincoln Riley may be the guy.

Other news: Doeren safe at NCST with the win over UNC.
DII Danny takes the reins at UC-Davis
I expect a handful of other jobs to open, mdelpizzo1 has a pretty good list a few pages back.....

Last edited:
****bailer believes they can lure away the National Coach of the Year who is currently coaching the 8th ranked team in a Conference Championship Game?? You serious, Clark?? The mere fact that they believe they can get two of the other hottest coaching candidates in the country there also seems extremely delusional.

I am not worried about MacIntyre leaving this season for one simple reason - Jay MacIntyre. That's not the only reason; I do get the impression thatt he and his family love being in Colorado (daughter in grad school, etc). Given MacIntyre's relationship with his father, the idea that he'd leave the Buffs in the middle of Jay's career is laughable.

Mac isn't going anywhere this year.

Leavitt though... if I'm an AD looking for a HC, I'm taking a hard look at him. He's got the hot coordinator thing going for him, but also past success as a head guy. He's a little older than you'd prefer I guess, but he'd be exactly what I'd want in a HC candidate.

Mac isn't going anywhere this year.

Leavitt though... if I'm an AD looking for a HC, I'm taking a hard look at him. He's got the hot coordinator thing going for him, but also past success as a head guy. He's a little older than you'd prefer I guess, but he'd be exactly what I'd want in a HC candidate.
When he returns home on Saturday and finds his office full of Pepsi, he will shut down his job search and become CU DC for life

Back