What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2017 Coaching Carousel Thread - Zona hires Sumlin

1g59f8.jpg

Fulmer being behind this would also explain the role of Clay Travis here. Travis wrote a book about Fulmer's final season where he had some inside access to the program.

Seems like the AD is getting rejected on all hires from higher ups. I am guessing Currie was a dead man walking from the beginning and had no chance at success. Why anyone would even remotely work for that **** show, is beyond me (although money does talk).

Fullmer is 67 years old. Why on Earth would he want to take over that job?

Don’t go away mad, dude. Just go away.

Because he's a VOL! He won't shy away from responsibility and wants to help the program when he can!
I suppose we have our own history with something similar. Remember all the “Mac for AD” talk?

Of course, that was all just a bunch of fans popping off. Nobody ever seriously considered it. It sounds like UT may have little choice at this point. They’ve painted themselves into a corner.

I suppose we have our own history with something similar. Remember all the “Mac for AD” talk?

Of course, that was all just a bunch of fans popping off. Nobody ever seriously considered it. It sounds like UT may have little choice at this point. They’ve painted themselves into a corner.

If there's one thing I've learned over the last 10+ years it's that one should never assume rationality is at the base of most decisions and that "BUT HE'S A [insert team nickname here]!" is an extremely valid reason to hire someone, no matter the qualifications.

Nevermind that it'd have been ridiculous for Fulmer to come back from the dead to succeed Currie (after one year on the job!) under normal circumstances, but with this circus he's been responsible for?

Hell, I've seen some UT fans call for Lane Kiffin because "he wants to beat Alabama as much as we do!".

I guess for 90% of all SEC schools the be all, end all is beating Alabama.

Fulmer was the runner up to Currie for the AD position. Fulmer will probably become the new AD.

Wow, if true. Fulmer biding his time to strike back. Completely undermined the admin at the school while they were going about their business and about to make a pretty damn good hire. If I was a UT fan, I would be absolutely furious with Fulmer. Again, if true.

People forget why UT fired Fulmer but living in the Knoxville area during that time frame the fan base hated his ultra conservative teams and didn't think he could take them to the next level again. Key word... again. He may be loved because he is a Vol now but make a wrong move and he is on the rock. The fan base will turn on him quickly.

According to VolNation, Fulmer has assumed control of the AD....probably calling Les Miles as we speak.

Back