What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2019/20 CFB Coaching Carousel

Status
Not open for further replies.
He made the excuse that Washington has more talent and got called on it, so he decided to be a whiny bitch. That is seriously ****ing weak.

But "LeAcH iS sO fuNnY!!!!!!!!!" just excuses everything apparently.
Doesn’t contradict what I said.

Leach is not a national treasure and is a really poor loser, but other than that, you were right on.
Disagree. The world is a better place when Mike Leach is coaching somewhere. He makes it interesting. He makes it fun. He’s not interested in regurgitated coachspeak. He says what’s on his mind and really doesn’t give a **** what you, I, or anybody else thinks about him. That alone makes him unique among college coaches and as a result makes him a national treasure. But that’s my opinion and you’re welcome to yours.

CSU has to make the change even if they can't afford it. I know it was cold and snowy, but 12k (MAYBE) for a game against a ranked Boise team is terrible. The excitement for for that program is totally gone and they are frittering away the good new years for the new stadium.

I don't know anything about Tony Alford, but it is a name I've seen a few times... but you have to wonder which boosters are going to pony up for the buyout and still have enough for a good quality coaching staff.
His buyout is structured to **** recruiting ($5.5m drops to $3m on Jan 1), CSU really needs to negotiate something.

Disagree. The world is a better place when Mike Leach is coaching somewhere. He makes it interesting. He makes it fun. He’s not interested in regurgitated coachspeak. He says what’s on his mind and really doesn’t give a **** what you, I, or anybody else thinks about him. That alone makes him unique among college coaches and as a result makes him a national treasure. But that’s my opinion and you’re welcome to yours.
Being “unique” doesn’t excuse rude, small, belittling behavior. He would have a hard time in a high pressure P5 job with an active fan base and press.

Does CSU keep going to SEC coordinator route or do they try to bring in someone with HC experience? Do they give Bob Stitt a second chance at being a HC? Would Mike MacIntyre consider it?

CSU has to make the change even if they can't afford it. I know it was cold and snowy, but 12k (MAYBE) for a game against a ranked Boise team is terrible. The excitement for for that program is totally gone and they are frittering away the good new years for the new stadium.

I don't know anything about Tony Alford, but it is a name I've seen a few times... but you have to wonder which boosters are going to pony up for the buyout and still have enough for a good quality coaching staff.
There is 0 percent chance that there were 12 thousand there. That was one of the worst showings I have seen by that fan base and they are over it.

Embree is a better TE coach.
Um no. Embree was a TE coach his entire career and mostly in the NFL. Alford has spent 10+ years as a recruiting coordinator/RB coach/Associate HC at big time programs

Edit: Meant to quote the Alford=Embree

Um no. Embree was a TE coach his entire career and mostly in the NFL. Alford has spent 10+ years as a recruiting coordinator/RB coach/Associate HC at big time programs

Edit: Meant to quote the Alford=Embree
Damn. Got the edit in on time

Being “unique” doesn’t excuse rude, small, belittling behavior. He would have a hard time in a high pressure P5 job with an active fan base and press.
Meh. Sports writers are used to writing half assed drivel and being immune to criticism. Leach going off on a self important jackass isn’t a problem for me.

I agree with both you and Duff. Leach is entertaining and I enjoy his musings on non-football subjects (and rants on his players listening to their fat little girlfriends, rather than the coaches). But Duff is right about this specific rant. It was a reasonable question and he reacted like a little bitch. He has a tendency to be a sore loser.

Meh. Sports writers are used to writing half assed drivel and being immune to criticism. Leach going off on a self important jackass isn’t a problem for me.
I’ll continue. Demeaning, unnecessary, disrespectful, job-killing, unprofessional, bullying.

He can’t handle being challenged.

Glad we have Leach in the Pac-12. Je has been kicking our ass recently but brings a lot of publicity and interest to the conference

Mizzou AD hired Doba & Wulff while at WSU. Wouldn't have a good feeling about that if I was a Mizzou fan.

Does CSU keep going to SEC coordinator route or do they try to bring in someone with HC experience? Do they give Bob Stitt a second chance at being a HC? Would Mike MacIntyre consider it?

Mike MacIntyre is an SEC coordinator right now lol. I don't know if I care about what they do-even if whoever they replace Bobo with magically fixes whatever the hell's going on up there by 2023, we're still going to be far ahead of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back