What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2022 Fall Camp Thread

Did anyone from AB go to the Kickoff Luncheon yesterday?

I don't think we've ever been this apathetic about the start of a season.
The indifference between this site and 247 is pretty crazy. Used to have threads with O/U stat predictions, win prediction threads, etc. and that was when Mike MacIntyre was the coach, widely despised by many here, but that pales in comparison to the apathy now. I guess Mel Tucker leaving broke the fans on this site the same way it did RG

There is zero Kool Aid in this thread. A winless season is possible. A mild surprise to the upside to produce a couple more wins could happen if some of the offseason moves really pan out in coaching changes, some incoming transfers, and some serviceable depth on the defensive line.

*Upside does not mean a bowl game. A bowl game would be a shocking upside development.
8-0 going into November. There’s Kool Aid for you!

The indifference between this site and 247 is pretty crazy. Used to have threads with O/U stat predictions, win prediction threads, etc. and that was when Mike MacIntyre was the coach, widely despised by many here, but that pales in comparison to the apathy now. I guess Mel Tucker leaving broke the fans on this site the same way it did RG
It’s KD. There is very little reason to be optimistic. Feels like we are just going through the motions until he is gone. He turned me off last year. I don’t like him very much.

It’s KD. There is very little reason to be optimistic. Feels like we are just going through the motions until he is gone. He turned me off last year. I don’t like him very much.
There was less reason to be optimistic with MacIntyre, based on his recruiting and coaching hires, but I get what you’re saying

MacIntyre's recruiting was worse than KD's? I honestly don't remember
Yes. Particularly on everyone’s favorite metric, avg recruit rating. Granted, the program was in a much different place when MM took over and he had some college coaching credibility to an extent.

I understand the difference in context around KD being hired and MM being hired, though

Mel Tucker + COVID + PAC-12 falling apart + losing our absolute best players + TV deals all over the place an yet we still have the PAC-12 network = absolute apathy x (for me) exiting new team to root for

logan marshall-green hbo GIF by Cinemax

He should have been fired after shoving the cameraman against USC........I know I would have been fired...immediately. He is the masked man...he is non-existant publicly. No radio interviews. No public appearances. He does nothing to market the team. I hope that he pulls a rabbit out of the hat and the team is competetive, but not hopeful. I cancelled my season tix due in large part to KD....he is happily collecting his 4M....

So the offense came alive in the second scrimmage thanks to those defensive penalties. Better cinch things up since the TCU game is next Friday.

He should have been fired after shoving the cameraman against USC........I know I would have been fired...immediately. He is the masked man...he is non-existant publicly. No radio interviews. No public appearances. He does nothing to market the team. I hope that he pulls a rabbit out of the hat and the team is competetive, but not hopeful. I cancelled my season tix due in large part to KD....he is happily collecting his 4M....
Man, give it a rest. If he were winning the camera shove would have been forgotten the next day.

Did anyone from AB go to the Kickoff Luncheon yesterday?

I don't think we've ever been this apathetic about the start of a season.
A friend of mine went. He’s a bit older, so I was taking his comments with a grain of salt. He said he was excited and couldn’t wait for the season to start. I guess that’s the whole point of the kickoff luncheon. Figure just about everybody there is a kool aid junkie.

Man, give it a rest. If he were winning the camera shove would have been forgotten the next day.
We so rarely get to see him after a win it is hard to say how he reacts but you are correct, if he were winning 7+ games a year nobody would care

He isn't though so he is going to be criticized and called on his actions.

So that QB decision is coming this week right?
Who knows. Feels like there won't be an official announcement, at least not until closer to the 2nd. Apparently, Lewis didn't scrimmage or at least the media didn't comment on how he looked on Saturday, and due to the rules put in place, the media hasn't been able to really comment on it. Of course, there's plenty of speculation, with the 4 most common scenarios being thrown around...

1. "He wont the QB1 job and was given the day off along with some of the other entrenched starting veterans"
2. "He lost the QB1 job and isn't handling it well/possibly exploring entering the portal"
3. "The QB1 job isn't necessarily decided, but Lewis has some specific packages being installed and he was exclusively running those, and schematic details are prohibited from being shared publicly"
4. "Lewis has a minor injury he's recovering from"

No matter what, I just can't see KD making an official announcement with how closed off and guarded practices and scrimmages have been

Back