What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2023 Fall Camp Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Booooooooooring!

I turned it off within 20 seconds when he said "I've always believed football is still football".

So yes, I'm replying with a quote maybe out of context, but BS. Football at CU now is not the football under former HC's Dorrell, MacIntyre, Hawkins, etc. With Coach Prime, it's more than the football game. I think Coach Prime would disagree with his analyst.

He is boring and not surprised he's outta a real coaching job. At the beginning of fall camp the coaches all got up to speak and Shurmur just said he'd been a head coach a couple places and then attempted to step down before Coach Prime told him to say more.

I turned it off within 20 seconds when he said "I've always believed football is still football".

So yes, I'm replying with a quote maybe out of context, but BS. Football at CU now is not the football under former HC's Dorrell, MacIntyre, Hawkins, etc. With Coach Prime, it's more than the football game. I think Coach Prime would disagree with his analyst.

He is boring and not surprised he's outta a real coaching job. At the beginning of fall camp the coaches all got up to speak and Shurmur just said he'd been a head coach a couple places and then attempted to step down before Coach Prime told him to say more.

Donco fans. Sheesh.

Same guy that posted this last year

I mean- I see that tweet suggesting that the guy's top 25 from this season is a joke because his preseason top 25 was way off from the end of season, but if you look at the AP preseason top 25 from last season, he wasn't that different:

He had 10 of the final top 25 in his preseason top 25, and the AP also had 10. In fact, the only teams he omitted that the AP had in were Michigan (admittedly this was a pretty big miss), Pitt, Wake Forest, and Cincinatti. Instead of those teams, he had Tennessee, Iowa, Minnesota, and Texas.

It's different than a lot of the preseason ballots, but not egregious.

He's an Analyst. His job is to look at x's & o's, assignments & execution, and down & distance tendencies. In that context, football is football.

I’ve been in CO since this past Saturday, and leave tomorrow (I’d rather not, but unless I win the powerball/mega millions, or get a job offer that even my wife would say you’re stupid if you don’t take it, I’ll be back out the end of next summer). Maybe it’s Manitou/The Springs, but there isn’t a whole lot of Buffs/Prime hoopla. I did run into someone that works at CU Boulder while his kids and my daughter were playing together in a park nearby. He saw my hat, and there was a good amount of excitement between the both of us during that part of the random conversation.

I was kind of stoked to finally be able to see Falcon Stadium from I-25. After driving through a crazy storm a few times on the eastern part of the state, the drive in was probably the best ever. I can’t remember the last time that I could see mountains from just west of Wiggins?

I wish my daughter had a significant break in the fall so we could make the trip to coincide with the football season. I tried setting something up for around her B-day in October, when she was in kindergarten. I saw the attendance policy, and scrambled for the end of summer.

Definitely a lot of pre-season videos and non-AB content to get caught up on when I return to reality tomorrow afternoon…
I've never been bashful when it comes to wearing my ancient sweat soaked Buff hat. I was at Lake Fork yesterday picking up our new bass boat wearing ole faithful, the person I bought it from was from MO. and about my age 60+. First thing out of his mouth....CU sucks..."you have my money I don't care what you think". On the way home this morning we stop for some Joe, dude with a UT hat walks up to me by the boat, "man you guys use to be good I really hated playing ya'll". The moral of this is both hated CU for whatever reason...but they never forgot the BUFF.
I've noticed down here the interest in CU this year is more of a curiosity than anything else. Living 80 miles from Houston I know several people who's grand children are or will be looked at as D1 players. They're watching and they're interested in this season and how it plays out. It's something that may need explaining, football is as important to family as it is to the individual.
Friend from UH and I were talking, he had no problem with CU joining, he was opposed to taking on the corner schools and gave his reasons. I asked him if ASU prevents UH from going to a bowl would he be upset? of course he said yes and I responded with "well isn't that how rivalries start"?.

Friend from UH and I were talking, he had no problem with CU joining, he was opposed to taking on the corner schools and gave his reasons. I asked him if ASU prevents UH from going to a bowl would he be upset? of course he said yes and I responded with "well isn't that how rivalries start"?.

They have the same hand gesture that looks like the number seven in sign language.

Booooooooooring!

Well. I thought it wouldn’t be boring boring. But….

This may be a good example of why I just don’t really enjoy the NFL, certainly, not as much as CF. Just so…well, you know… everything, everyone, pretty much…. Well… you know… same offenses… these OL guys pretty gritty… a nice group of backs…. Da da da…

He seemed alot like HCKD, frankly, and so many NFL coaches. I get it… just an analyst.

Compare that to the last interview with the LB’s coach or Coach Brewster… Different worlds of energy and enthusiasm, and ability to communicate.

I think this is the first season that I've been more excited about the games than the recruiting in a long, long time.

You were excited about recruiting?

giphy.gif

Looks like the defense had a bad day and more specific the DB's :confused:

On the bright side the offense looks so good. Dylan, Javon, Travis, and Zay look great.

Meh. It’s early August. Wait until Septimber. They will have it cleaned up. The secondary should be a strength for this team.

Something to keep in mind is that we might very well have the hardest offense in the country to defend. This scheme within practice rules when the QB doesn't have to worry about being hit and it's early camp without much disguised on defense? That's a big ask of the secondary.

Well. I thought it wouldn’t be boring boring. But….

This may be a good example of why I just don’t really enjoy the NFL, certainly, not as much as CF. Just so…well, you know… everything, everyone, pretty much…. Well… you know… same offenses… these OL guys pretty gritty… a nice group of backs…. Da da da…

He seemed alot like HCKD, frankly, and so many NFL coaches. I get it… just an analyst.

Compare that to the last interview with the LB’s coach or Coach Brewster… Different worlds of energy and enthusiasm, and ability to communicate.
A lot of you like Brewster, but I just can not stand that type of coaching. There's a reason he's in college, and that's where he belongs.

A lot of you like Brewster, but I just can not stand that type of coaching. There's a reason he's in college, and that's where he belongs.
I think it's good that there is a wide mix of personality types on this staff. Same tone doesn't reach everyone and the same tone all the time loses its ability to impact.

Brew serves a purpose.

Yes. Similar reason why Prime would never work in the NFL. His style wouldn’t make it past training camp of any veteran laden team
Exactly. When I watched the introductory team meeting with Prime and Brewster, etc. I was just like...yeah this schtick does not resonate with me AT ALL. Granted, I'm a 36 year old man, so it probably shouldn't resonate with me.

On the bright side the offense looks so good. Dylan, Javon, Travis, and Zay look great.
It looked like the linebackers were running extra and it sounded like Coach Prime told them the NFL scouts were saying they were the weakest position group.

No idea how common it has been but a number of scouts on hand each practice. Great attention for the players and maybe some extra motivation to perform.

Aren't we going to be more of a Big 12 team this season anyway?

Exactly. When I watched the introductory team meeting with Prime and Brewster, etc. I was just like...yeah this schtick does not resonate with me AT ALL. Granted, I'm a 36 year old man, so it probably shouldn't resonate with me.
whatever Dorrel!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back