What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Auburn @ Colorado Game Thread 11/17/2014

Well. Go Buffs! Great win. Buffs have a TON of depth and can turn a close game and really turn it round big time. Excited for Wyo!

Good:

We beat a mid-tier SEC team 90-59. Auburn won't be cellar dwelling, they can compete in a weak SEC and they'll win their share.

We had a 24-0 run.

Scott: 17 points 9 boards. Gordon: 16 points 12 boards. XJ: 17 points 5 boards. Gordon's rise has added a whole new element.

Hopkins, Fletcher, Thomas gave us what we need.

Ball movement in second half was beautiful.

Defense was lock down beauty in second half.

79.8 percent from the charity stripe

Bad:

Not much. Ski continues to struggle, but did improve in the second half. Sooner or later, we're going to need much more from him.

Boneheaded plays like the technical foul (BS, I know) and fouling three point shooters can't happen.

Let's enjoy this.

Going on the road to Wyoming is going to be an entirely different animal. They'll be ready. It's time to see how we handle hostile environments and being the big-name game of the year in Laramie. 24-0 runs by visitors don't happen up there. We'll have to grind it out. A win and we'll get ourselves a probable (and deserved) top 25 ranking. We're due for a W in Laramie. Get it done.

Great win!

This team is very, very, very impressive in person. I just can't get used to watching a cu team that is this athletic... we go legit 11 deep.

Pearl said of agreeing to play so late: "I'm sure ESPN called a lot of schools and said, `Do you want to go to Colorado and play at 1 a.m. in the morning Eastern Time?' They didn't get a lot of bite."

That was awesome. Students were great, except for the asshole who stole my shirt. We're a damn good team.

Getting home after a 30 point CU win at 2 am - how awesome is that? This team should just get more and more fun to watch.

That was the most enjoyable game as a student since Kansas last year. The student section absolutely killed it. Loud as ****. My friend and I got there at 9:30 and there was already a line formed. I'm very proud of my peers tonight, hell of a way to show the nation what the #c-unit is all about.

Yours truely got plent of air time too :thumbsup:

So, according to the geniuses at ESPN: Bruce Pearl rolled into Boulder and was personally responsible for Auburn routing a bunch of no-name (except for Josh Scott) schlubs in some gawdawful Mtn. Tine zone burg, while the civilized people on the East Coast were snug in their beds----amiright? And furthermore, SEC !!!

Oh, wait!

Big props to the students- they were loud & brought a ton of energy. My section (9) was pretty sparse, but I was suprised how many blue hairs made it til the second half. Coffee tastes especially good this morning...

Damnit, I missed it. I didn't think we'd win by that much. I thought it would be a solid 10, 15 point win. Nice to see Wes putting up some numbers, impressive.

Damnit, I missed it. I didn't think we'd win by that much. I thought it would be a solid 10, 15 point win. Nice to see Wes putting up some numbers, impressive.
What's wrong? You don't have ESPN? You were out fighting snakes? You missed it? WTF? :lol:

Am I the only one who thought the incessant Bruce Pearl talk, camera shots/sound bites and Auburn talk was way over the top?

Morning muses: I believe Drexel could take down AU for starters. This game could've been out of hand by half had it not been for the Buffs flow not gotten broken by TV TOs cause Pearl doesn't seem to manage a game very well from that perspective. Watching Hopkins, Fletcher, Thomas and Miller reminds me of the Nolan Richardson teams at Arkansas....if they add the 40 mins of hell at elevation it will be for the visitors, they are all very athletic & getting up and down the floor with another yrs experience could make for some very interesting B-ball next year. Kudos to X Talton...had my doubts but he has really improved his ball handling skills and with it his decision making process. The spin move that he uses was in the old days called a carry but isn't now, I use to use it in HS and later had to call it as a ref...awesome move and almost impossible to defend. XJ almost always misses the first of 2 FTs, Fletcher is better than I had given him credit for, kid doesn't seem to be phased by much.

Great showing by the students and the Buffs balled last night. Auburn held to 18% shooting in the second half. It was late and they did lose their legs in the second half but that was a fun night. Wes was just awesome.

Pass the coffee

Back