What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Auburn @ Colorado Game Thread 11/17/2014

Am I the only one who thought the incessant Bruce Pearl talk, camera shots/sound bites and Auburn talk was way over the top?

Yeah, but expected. ESPN is getting an old muse back, they loved Pearl when he was at Tennessee, and now they have a comeback story to add to it. A lot of people will be tired of the Pearl coverage by the end of the season I bet.

And Pearl might be patting himself on the back for taking a late game in CO, but he did it so he could get that national coverage. I'm sure he'll pull plenty of stunts this year to get Auburn in the news.

Yeah, but expected. ESPN is getting an old muse back, they loved Pearl when he was at Tennessee, and now they have a comeback story to add to it. A lot of people will be tired of the Pearl coverage by the end of the season I bet.

And Pearl might be patting himself on the back for taking a late game in CO, but he did it so he could get that national coverage. I'm sure he'll pull plenty of stunts this year to get Auburn in the news.

better for us. They won't be able to talk about Auburn without showing the 30 point loss.

Ya my only real complaint from the game was that it was so late.

The team handled a very well coached press, something that gives me hope for the season. All of our guards did a good job battling through it and getting an easy bucket for Scott or Gordon.

Booker took one or two bad shots but this game was exactly what I want from him most nights. I love XJ's ability to get to the rim. Josh Scott being able to finish both right or left is pretty unfair. Hard to score in our paint. We are obviously gonna drop some road games that we probably shouldn't, but this team is stacked and overpowered at home. I love Boyle and that he was getting advice from George Karl.

Sick. Teams are going to have a lot of trouble here. This might be the toughest place in the country right now. The wheels just come off the train in the second half.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone else see Cinnabon try and shush the crowd after making one of two free throws? That was hilarious, and I think we went on that big run after that.

got home just before 3. ugh.

Great work by the students, when I was walking over from the horse and saw that gigantic line outside I knew it was going to be packed in there. nice to not pay attention to the score for a while and realize we are up 30. This team could be special. Booker needs to stop forcing shots and let the game come.

Nice to see wes get hot like that. Hopefully he can keep that into conf play.

Going to try and make it v wyo if weather is good, it's going to be a tough game. they play almost 2k ft higher than boulder.

haven't seen lines like that in a long time. probably the P12 champ year.

Loved it.

Rest of the old ****ers didn't show though.

20141117_225514.jpg

Loved it.

20141117_225514.jpg

Give the old ***ks a break. For a 11:00 PM tipoff, I thought the crowd - even the old f**ks - was incredible. Obviously the students took it to a new level. Can't say how impressed I was with that. Really awesome.

Loved it.

20141117_225514.jpg
Was reading on twitter that the scanners broke causing some of the line. Was impressed with the turnout though, I thought it'd be good but not overflowing good.

Give the old ***ks a break. For a 11:00 PM tipoff, I thought the crowd - even the old f**ks - was incredible. Obviously the students took it to a new level. Can't say how impressed I was with that. Really awesome.
Yea, I'm hurting too. Glad we had the turnout we did. Nice to have the students doing more than their fair share this year.

It should be illegal to have to play Utah/colorado back to back on the road. Sry rest of pac12.

It should be illegal to have to play Utah/colorado back to back on the road. Sry rest of pac12.

No kidding. The mountain trip will be the toughest on every team in the conference. Somewhere around the 15 minute mark of the second half of the first game, each opposing coach will be openly questioning the invites to CU and UU.

This team can be dangerous and we haven't even seen Dom yet.

Yes.

Plus, CU still finding how the pieces fit together. Offensive synergy is better, but not fully grooved yet. Miller has big upside. Ski starting to engage a bit better with the O. All teams will be growing as season progresses, but not a lot of teams with as much depth & athleticism as CU. If perimeter shooting solidify's to some extent, this is gonna be fun to watch it evolve!

Thomas has a bit of a foul bug currently, some of it not his fault from my view, betcha he grows through this and really elevates his contribution this year. He has raised his game.

I think that while our guard play can be looked at as a bit suspect, as long as ski & XT dont make mistakes we will be fine. they are both upper classmen, and have a strong front court to mesh with. they both are only going to get better as the year goes on.

Anybody else wondering if/when Dustin Thomas is gonna figure it out with these charge calls he keeps getting? When he fouled out with the clock winding down, that was just asinine, Boyle looked pissed.

Anybody else wondering if/when Dustin Thomas is gonna figure it out with these charge calls he keeps getting? When he fouled out with the clock winding down, that was just asinine, Boyle looked pissed.

he has a bad habit of leaning into the guy when they are driving. Something that can be coached IMO.

Boyle was pissed. We could have and should run out the clock on that possession and instead we have a sophomore foul out for being dumb.

It seems like DT is pressing. You can kind of understand it. The team is winning and looks good, he wants to be a part of it and contribute. And with Gordon and Scott looking so good, his minutes are going to be a little tough to come by. It was a dumb foul at the end but I think he will get it together.

Replay is up on ESPN 3

I just have to say Wow. The C-Unit impressed me at the game last night and even more so through the TV broadcast. Loud, energetic, and disruptive. That is the standard they have to meet every game (when they are on campus)

That defense in the 2nd half was beautiful. Really. Auburn and Pearl had no answer at all.

Back