What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Bowl Games Thread

What does oregon's QB situation look like for next year and why did they let it come to this?

Also, why are so many OL in college wearing knee braces?

Kind of amazed Lockie has been allowed to stick around that program for the last few years. Seemingly can't run well and definitely can't throw.

I'd just like to note that the buffs lost to the 2nd half version of Oregon and gave up 41 points in the process.

This sophomore running back class is pretty damn sick.

Fournette, McCaffrey, Freeman, Cook, Chubb, Hurd

I don’t know if I’ve ever seen a team so dominant in one half along with another team so inept, completely reverse roles like I did in this game. Oregon woke up some in OT, but it was too late and TCU had some left in them.

What does oregon's QB situation look like for next year and why did they let it come to this?

Also, why are so many OL in college wearing knee braces?

Oregon has another 5th year transfer coming in, this one from Montana State

http://registerguard.com/rg/sports/...o-bowl-to-pack-up-and-move-to-oregon.html.csp

A lot of the schools are putting knee braces on as a protective measure. They are a type with a hinge that allows the leg to flex back in a normal fashion but blocks it from hyperextending forward and provides a lot of resistance to bending sideways. They don't stop all knee injuries but they prevent a lot of them from either happening or reduce the severity significantly.

I've seen a couple cases where a guy got his leg rolled from the side enough to break and jam the joint on the brace, They had to take it off to bend the leg but it prevented a blown out knee.

Oregon has another 5th year transfer coming in, this one from Montana State

http://registerguard.com/rg/sports/...o-bowl-to-pack-up-and-move-to-oregon.html.csp

A lot of the schools are putting knee braces on as a protective measure. They are a type with a hinge that allows the leg to flex back in a normal fashion but blocks it from hyperextending forward and provides a lot of resistance to bending sideways. They don't stop all knee injuries but they prevent a lot of them from either happening or reduce the severity significantly.

I've seen a couple cases where a guy got his leg rolled from the side enough to break and jam the joint on the brace, They had to take it off to bend the leg but it prevented a blown out knee.

Why don't NFL teams follow suit then?

Why don't NFL teams follow suit then?

I've seen a lot of NFL players wearing them as well.

If there are fewer guys in the NFL wearing them it might be a couple things. One is that NFL players are a little less open to team staff simply mandating things like that. It's easier at the college level to just tell everyone they are going to be wearing them like it or not.

Other thing is that they feel bulky (or at least they did a long time ago when I wore one.) A lot of NFL players like to go to the "minimal equipment" approach feeling like any little thing that might get in the way of them performing is worth eliminating. This is why you see WRs wearing much smaller shoulder pads and a lot of WRs and DBs who up until a couple years ago wore no pads on their knees or thighs. The NFL mandated them a couple years back so now they wear the thinnest, lightest ones they can get away with.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2013/07/10/mandatory-thigh-knee-pads/2507311/

That was hilarious! You can't tell me that Duck fans wouldn't take Kelly back. Helfrich completely blew that game.

Back