What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official ****braska Hate Thread

Like, do you realize how much stupid stuff has to be tweeted for a national guy to tweet this? People imply money was given to a recruit all the time on twitter, but Nebraska goes above and beyond because why would anyone ever go somewhere else? And as always, it never helps that their “professionals” imply stuff as well.

I feel bad for the kid.

It's like a cult.

The thinking of Nub fans is so ingrained and constantly reinforced that the Husker program is so much better in every way than any other option that they cannot fathom how anyone might disagree. So when it doesn't go their way, the only way they can reconcile this is that there is something nefarious going on. A recruit choosing anywhere but Nebraska defies all logic to these folks.

It's a fascinating study in provincial, small-minded, groupthink psychology.

Dave Lackford, Kentucky Rivals lead reporter (TLDR):
"Big day for the Football 'Cats no doubt. Ok here is how it all went down. So if you have been on twitter today you have noticed that Nebraska fans are MAAAADDDDD. Whoa boy I'm talking bang your head on a stud in the wall mad.
Here is what really went down: Robinson was set to commit to Nebraska as recently as 4:00 last night. A coach at Nebraska told Robinson that JD Spielman, who plays the "R" in Nebraska's offense and is having a great season would be moved to the "X receiver" position to allow Robinson to take his spot as the "R" next year. In Nebraska's offense, and most offenses, the X is the receiver who lines up on the line of scrimmage, usually on the boundary side, and cannot go in motion. This seemed fishy to people around Robinson because Spielman is 5-foot-9 and typically receivers who play the X are over 6-foot-2. While it is rare that a player of Spielman's stature plays the X, it does happen.
Empty promises however, are frequent in recruiting and Robinson wanted a final confirmation before he announced.
According to my source, sometime after 4:00PM a Nebraska coach or Scott Frost himself made a call to talk about this promise. Frost denied ever saying a position change was suggested to Robinson. Robinson was a party to this phone call and was surprised to hear the coach deny making this claim. Right then and there Frost lost all trust he had established with Robinson and things went downhill quickly. It was pointed out that when Robinson committed to Nebraska Frost never call his parents to thank them for putting their trust in him and the Nebraska program. These factors raised major red flags in the Robinson's mind as well as those close to him. He was torn between leaving home to play 750 miles away in lieu of staying in-state and playing his college ball 30 minutes from his house. Robinson chose the brand he can trust.
Nebraska fans are screaming foul play and that Kentucky "dropped a bag" but that isn't the case in this situation. If anyone dropped anything, it was Scott Frost dropping the ball inches from the goal line metaphorically or literally dropping a crucial phone call just hours away from landing one of the most dynamic playmakers in the country."
This is my inside info on the situation. Most of you guys on this site have been rational and pretty cool about the situation. Unfortunately, a fringe group of crazies on twitter are slandering a good kid's name. I can assure you that no money changed hands last night and this was a simple case of a long distance school failing to pull an elite recruit from the clutches of a hometown school.”

Nebraska’s Rivals guy confirmed this as well. Now the narrative is that Frost would never make an empty promise to a kid because he’s such a good guy. :rolleyes:

Nebraska’s Rivals guy confirmed this as well. Now the narrative is that Frost would never make an empty promise to a kid because he’s such a good guy. :rolleyes:
as much as I prefer college over the NFL as a fan, if I had football coaching skills, the psychological nuances of recruiting teenagers would kill me -- I'd head to the NFL at the first possible opportunity.

My favorite part is the Kentucky Rivals guy saying that paying the recruit, "just isn't the case in this situation" implying that it is the case in other situations. SEC! SEC! SEC!

as much as I prefer college over the NFL as a fan, if I had football coaching skills, the psychological nuances of recruiting teenagers would kill me -- I'd head to the NFL at the first possible opportunity.
Cause trying to control / coach 53 multi-millionaire prima donnas would be so much easier . . .

It's like a cult.

The thinking of Nub fans is so ingrained and constantly reinforced that the Husker program is so much better in every way than any other option that they cannot fathom how anyone might disagree. So when it doesn't go their way, the only way they can reconcile this is that there is something nefarious going on. A recruit choosing anywhere but Nebraska defies all logic to these folks.

It's a fascinating study in provincial, small-minded, groupthink psychology.

Like a cult? No nik-It is a cult.

Like, do you realize how much stupid stuff has to be tweeted for a national guy to tweet this? People imply money was given to a recruit all the time on twitter, but Nebraska goes above and beyond because why would anyone ever go somewhere else? And as always, it never helps that their “professionals” imply stuff as well.

I feel bad for the kid.

But.....but....but......the Fake News Fusker media said Robinson was a lock to become a future Nub!

Man, you guys can really retain some hate from the past. Impressive.
This thread was started before this year’s game. We hadn’t played them since we joined the PAC. We were just reminiscing about the greatest fans in the history of the universe and it’s been going ever since.

Good try Huskers...was hoping they'd beat Ohio State due to wanting Urban to lose as well.

I am amazed how more of us are not celebrating and talking a ton of trash about how Nebraska will NOT be going to a bowl game this year with their 7th loss, but of course since we are in the most epic free fall from 5-0, it is not a good idea to celebrate the Huskers ill fate, because we are going to join them!!!

Sad, sad, sad

Will Frost fire his special teams coach, because that unit is really bad?

Back