What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official ****braska Hate Thread

Honestly it brought back memories of watching the Buffs from 2009-2014, when we coined the term "gashers." Frost needs to bring in more athleticism, or the big red turnaround will be long and painful.

gasher
ɡaSH/uRR
noun
  1. A long scoring play by the opposing team in which their skill position player is running past your team's entire unit (defense or special teams) to your disbelief.
"We gave up a few gashers in there, but we were only about 10 plays away from winning."
I think of something different when I hear the word “gash”.

Am almost more nervous about a bad CSU team than Nebraska.
Huskers really don’t match up well with us. I’m telling you Buffs are in for some serious big plays on 9/8

Both games are going to be tough-they're gonna play hard for a coach they're either just getting out of the hospital or could still be there......and Nebraska is still very hostile territory. This is a game that the fans will be just as jacked (if not more so) for than the players-look at the prices for tickets on the resale markets. Thats going to be a tough environment to get a win in, even against an opponent that will be just starting a rebuild.

Both games are going to be tough-they're gonna play hard for a coach they're either just getting out of the hospital or could still be there......and Nebraska is still very hostile territory. This is a game that the fans will be just as jacked (if not more so) for than the players-look at the prices for tickets on the resale markets. Thats going to be a tough environment to get a win in, even against an opponent that will be just starting a rebuild.
I see ahoelsken is beginning to see the Red.

We are a more talented team than Nebraska and not by a thin margin. On paper they don't match up with us well.

The biggest concern I have and will continue to have until the Buffs prove otherwise is our ability to win games, even games we should win, on the road.

We are a more talented team than Nebraska and not by a thin margin. On paper they don't match up with us well.

The biggest concern I have and will continue to have until the Buffs prove otherwise is our ability to win games, even games we should win, on the road.

I share your concern about this game, but I can’t think of a recent road game that we were favored in that we didn’t win.

We were significantly better than Oregon State last year and we barely got out of Corvallis with a win. If this game were in Boulder, I'd expect to beat them by at least a couple scores.

Please! List the match ups by positions. Can't wait to hear your thoughts. Not even Nebraska fans know what the Huskers will bring to the table with so many new players on the roster.

Please! List the match ups by positions. Can't wait to hear your thoughts. Not even Nebraska fans know what the Huskers will bring to the table with so many new players on the roster.

You seem to be forgetting that we all got to see Nebraska against Iowa, Wisconsin, Ohio State, and mighty Northern Illinois.

We know who they have been recruiting, we have seen their returning players on the field.

Doesn't take a position by position to know that this Nebraska team lacks talent.

I might change it up like this:

CSU-W
Nebraska-W ?? L
UNH-W
UCLA-W ?? Don't underestimate UCLA
ASU-W
USC-L
UW-L
OSU-W
UA-L
WSU-W
Utah-L
Cal-L

Nebraska and UCLA could be losses ??

You seem to be forgetting that we all got to see Nebraska against Iowa, Wisconsin, Ohio State, and mighty Northern Illinois.

We know who they have been recruiting, we have seen their returning players on the field.

Doesn't take a position by position to know that this Nebraska team lacks talent.
So you are saying you don't have a flipping clue. I can live with that.

I might change it up like this:

CSU-W
Nebraska-W ?? L
UNH-W
UCLA-W ?? Don't underestimate UCLA
ASU-W
USC-L
UW-L
OSU-W
UA-L
WSU-W
Utah-L
Cal-L

Nebraska and UCLA could be losses ??

Since you did CU-I'm going to give you a realistic prediction on Nebraska. 4-8. AGAIN.

Akron-W
Colorado-L
Troy-W
Michigan-L
Purdue-L
Wisconsin-L
Northwestern-L
Minnesota-W
Ohio State-L
Illinois-W
Michigan State-L
Iowa-L

And Cal, Utah and UA could all be wins. CU’s season has a realistic floor of 5 wins and a realistic ceiling of 9 wins, IMO.
Maybe. A floor of 5 wins and a ceiling of 7 wins is about the way I see it. The traditional Pac12 powerhouse teams are going to finally get their **** together. That's going to make it tough for the rest.

Since you did CU-I'm going to give you a realistic prediction on Nebraska. 4-8. AGAIN.

Akron-W
Colorado-L
Troy-W
Michigan-L
Purdue-L
Wisconsin-L
Northwestern-L
Minnesota-W
Ohio State-L
Illinois-W
Michigan State-L
Iowa-L
I see 3 more wins than you do. Don't ask me to list them. I'm not going to do it.

Nebraska without a doubt has a brutal schedule. CU wouldn't fair any better if they were in the B1G with that list of opponents for 2018.

42-35 Oregon
21-17 Northern Illinois
38-17 Wisconsin
56-14 Ohio State
31-24 Northwestern
54-21 Minnesota
56-44 Penn State
56-14 Iowa
Looks like some pretty solid clues to me.
Can't fall back on those games because of the changes made in the program since those games were played. Don't even think the game tapes would help CU's coaches game plan much.

Can't fall back on those games because of the changes made in the program since those games were played. Don't even think the game tapes would help CU's coaches game plan much.

It's still the same talent. Doesn't matter what the scheme is, doesn't matter if they are doing all the old time routines and calling everything by different names. The DBs are still going to get run past, the DL still run over.

I don't know how many more times it is going to take for fuskers fans to figure out that just bringing back coaches from the glory days won't change the fact that the talent isn't there. The glory days are gone, long gone.

Maybe. A floor of 5 wins and a ceiling of 7 wins is about the way I see it. The traditional Pac12 powerhouse teams are going to finally get their **** together. That's going to make it tough for the rest.
The traditional P12 powerhouse teams? Who? SC? UW? I have chalked both of those up as losses. I think the ceiling is one more loss somewhere, which I say is possible because CU has proven it can win 10 games.

Unfortunately for Nebraska, I see their floor at about 3-4 wins (Akron, Troy, Illinois, and maybe find another BIG win) and a ceiling of 8 wins (4 guaranteed losses to Wisconsin, Ohio State, Michigan State and Michigan. Throw in Iowa, and Nubs ceiling might be 7 wins).

It's still the same talent. Doesn't matter what the scheme is, doesn't matter if they are doing all the old time routines and calling everything by different names. The DBs are still going to get run past, the DL still run over.

I don't know how many more times it is going to take for fuskers fans to figure out that just bringing back coaches from the glory days won't change the fact that the talent isn't there. The glory days are gone, long gone.
Not sure talent is the problem for Nebraska. They only have the head coach from the so called glory years. I'd say he has a helluva resume to work with. I'll let Google be your friend. Then there's the O Line coach who graduated in 2006. The rest have no direct connection.

Better find a new argument to debate with.

Not sure talent is the problem for Nebraska. They only have the head coach from the so called glory years. I'd say he has a helluva resume to work with. I'll let Google be your friend. Then there's the O Line coach who graduated in 2006. The rest have no direct connection.

Did you watch the games. It is a talent problem. They lack speed and they lack skill.

I don't care who the coach is, giving up over 50 points to 3 separate opponents wasn't coaching, it was defenders getting run over or run past.

Your beloved Huskers haven’t played a single game under Husker Jesus and yet you claim to know what the outcome will be. Is the narrative now that Mike Riley coached a team that had sooo much talent but he was unable to win because he was such a terrible coach? Husker Jesus is rolling into a program with Alabama caliber recruits whose talents were mismanaged and squandered up until this season?

You are an acolyte, pure and simple. Even more pathetic is the fact that you have trolled this site for years. You have a paid membership to a fan site of another team who you claim never was a rival. I’m starting to think that you might have tried to get into CU back in the day but they wouldn’t accept your personal statement because it was written on a big chief tablet in red crayon. That would begin to explain your obsession with the Buffs because you were scorned during your formative years. You really need to get some mental help. Perhaps you can hit up UNMC so that the Husker doctors there can begin the process of trying to un**** your deluded mind.

Your beloved Huskers haven’t played a single game under Husker Jesus and yet you claim to know what the outcome will be. Is the narrative now that Mike Riley coached a team that had sooo much talent but he was unable to win because he was such a terrible coach? Husker Jesus is rolling into a program with Alabama caliber recruits whose talents were mismanaged and squandered up until this season?

You are an acolyte, pure and simple. Even more pathetic is the fact that you have trolled this site for years. You have a paid membership to a fan site of another team who you claim never was a rival. I’m starting to think that you might have tried to get into CU back in the day but they wouldn’t accept your personal statement because it was written on a big chief tablet in red crayon. That would begin to explain your obsession with the Buffs because you were scorned during your formative years. You really need to get some mental help. Perhaps you can hit up UNMC so that the Husker doctors there can begin the process of trying to un**** your deluded mind.
So much to face palm in the quoted post.

Back