What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official ****braska Hate Thread

Disagree with you here 100%. UW is the top dog (No pun intended) in this league, and I don't see that changing anytime soon. Chris Petersen is the best active coach in this sport who doesn't have a national championship to his credit IMO, and he's also not a job hopper. In terms of some of the other situations in this league, I think David Shaw will take a crack at the NFL at some point. Clay Helton is one 7 or 8 season away from being axed. Mario Cristobal either flops epically at Oregon or wins enough to move back to the ACC or SEC in 2-3 years.
They are in the middle of one of their peaks, and those peaks can last a decent period of time.

It was similar when they had Don James. He had them consistently ranked for multiple years and contending for conference and even national championships. He was there for 17 years with a NC and most years ranked. When he left though it wasn't like one of the blue bloods with a little stumbling and a return to the top.

The years between James and Peterson they had some good years, mediocre years, and some terrible years (the Ty years) but mostly just a little better than average.

CU was very good under Crowder and Mallory getting as high as #3 in the final polls. Then we sucked under Chuck Fairbanks before Coach Mac brought us back. We had 15 years with Mac as a national power including our NC and then continued near the top with Slick Rick and GB before the "scandal" brought us down.

I think that over the past 50 years CU and U Dub look very similar with the exception that the Huskies are up right now and we are trying to get back.

Neither will be a USC or a Michigan, ND or Texas that can come back from a drop in short time with close to bottomless resources.

Just accidentally watched the Big Red Report while trying to catch some semblance of news...all of the “sports experts” that ABC affiliate KETV 7 has to offer proclaimed the Fuskers go 8-4. Adrian Martinez or Stanley Morgan are the heroes of the season...and I nearly spat out my water on the screen when I heard a 7-1 home record.

It was like a horrible car wreck. I didn’t want to watch, but couldn’t look away

I have said this before and it is absolutely true that this Nebraska roster is not very good, and the recent recruiting class did not add anything to the overall talent of the roster. I really think Surveyor and the rest of the Husker fans need to at least take a 2 year break from saying anything to wait and see if the improvement is there. Frost needed 7 million reasons to come to Lincoln to try and make his system work in a league where Wisconsin could possibly NEVER throw a pass and roll over the Huskers easily!!! Unlike the fun and gun AAC, Nebraska will get less snaps, and just like we are worried about playing too fast, if Nebraska's defense is weak again, and the offense goes fast and does not get first downs, then this years team could be in for some epic losses again. Frost knows this is a tall task, he has talked bold, but at the same time said very little about what they may do. I think they fight to win 5 games, and IF we were playing them on the Friday of Thanksgiving, then I would be worried, but the second game of the year, with a Freshman or new QB, and a defense that barely has any legit corners may get run up by the Buffs. I think our speed will be on display far beyond what the Huskers have to offer. If in 2-3 years, Frost gets the players he wants, and starts finding the old 4th or 5th year fat guys for a new pipeline, then I will be a believer, but all signs point to us having a good game. This team has no idea about the history or the rivalry, or the old challenge of playing in Lincoln, and many of these boys played at the Big House, the Coliseum, and other large stadiums, so there is no historical fear of what they will face. So excited for this game!!!

All of the “sports experts” that ABC affiliate KETV 7 has to offer proclaimed the Fuskers go 8-4.

It was like a horrible car wreck. I didn’t want to watch, but couldn’t look away
giphy.gif

Just accidentally watched the Big Red Report while trying to catch some semblance of news...all of the “sports experts” that ABC affiliate KETV 7 has to offer proclaimed the Fuskers go 8-4. Adrian Martinez or Stanley Morgan are the heroes of the season...and I nearly spat out my water on the screen when I heard a 7-1 home record.

1m906s.jpg

They are in the middle of one of their peaks, and those peaks can last a decent period of time.

It was similar when they had Don James. He had them consistently ranked for multiple years and contending for conference and even national championships. He was there for 17 years with a NC and most years ranked. When he left though it wasn't like one of the blue bloods with a little stumbling and a return to the top.

The years between James and Peterson they had some good years, mediocre years, and some terrible years (the Ty years) but mostly just a little better than average.

CU was very good under Crowder and Mallory getting as high as #3 in the final polls. Then we sucked under Chuck Fairbanks before Coach Mac brought us back. We had 15 years with Mac as a national power including our NC and then continued near the top with Slick Rick and GB before the "scandal" brought us down.

I think that over the past 50 years CU and U Dub look very similar with the exception that the Huskies are up right now and we are trying to get back.

Neither will be a USC or a Michigan, ND or Texas that can come back from a drop in short time with close to bottomless resources.

You missed my point-they're going to be really good as long as Peterson is there.

You missed my point-they're going to be really good as long as Peterson is there.

Not saying anything different. They are a program that when they have the right coach and the right support from the administration will be highly successful but lacking either of those they can also scrape the bottom and be a tough job to pull up.

This is very similar to us. They will be good as Peterson is there just like we would be good as long as Mac was in charge, and had support.

Not saying anything different. They are a program that when they have the right coach and the right support from the administration will be highly successful but lacking either of those they can also scrape the bottom and be a tough job to pull up.

This is very similar to us. They will be good as Peterson is there just like we would be good as long as Mac was in charge, and had support.

This isn't proven and I don't know what it has to do with anything. I wasn't talking about McIntyre, and last season would shoot that all to hell.

This isn't proven and I don't know what it has to do with anything. I wasn't talking about McIntyre, and last season would shoot that all to hell.
I think MTN might have meant McCartney. Not sure, but his statement makes a lot more sense if that's what he meant.

"Just accidentally watched". Funniest thing I've read in a long time. I smell a closet Husker fan. There are penalties for that around here.

Disagree with you here 100%. UW is the top dog (No pun intended) in this league, and I don't see that changing anytime soon. Chris Petersen is the best active coach in this sport who doesn't have a national championship to his credit IMO, and he's also not a job hopper. In terms of some of the other situations in this league, I think David Shaw will take a crack at the NFL at some point. Clay Helton is one 7 or 8 season away from being axed. Mario Cristobal either flops epically at Oregon or wins enough to move back to the ACC or SEC in 2-3 years.
[trəˈdiSH(ə)n(ə)l

ADJECTIVE
    1. existing in or as part of a tradition; long-established.
26Washington72544550.6151220
27Pittsburgh71752742.5741286
28Florida71441540.6281169
29Arkansas71349440.5881247
30North Dakota State71037134.6521115
31Syracuse70953749.5661295
32Navy70855857.5571323
33Colorado70050136.5801237
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Last edited:
I wouldn't even call Washington a traditional powerhouse, I would say they are very similar to us, a program that has had some great uptimes and mixed that with some ugly depths and a lot of above average but not national power. The last few years they have been on an up and they currently have a very good coach but they aren't far from falling to mediocracy and they like CU don't have that rabid total support to prevent that.
This is an agreement post:
I'm sick of people calling UW a "traditional power" because they've been good for the last 4 years. It's like when people were calling Oregon a "traditional power" a couple of years ago. Total ignorance of a) the word "traditional" and 2) the history of college football.

I'm sick of people calling UW a "traditional power" because they've been good for the last 4 years. It's like when people were calling Oregon a "traditional power" a couple of years ago. Total ignorance of a) the word "traditional" and 2) the history of college football.
now days the word traditional means recent. Not true history.

"Just accidentally watched". Funniest thing I've read in a long time. I smell a closet Husker fan. There are penalties for that around here.

The Big Red Report has about as much credibility as Jeff Snook's takes on Ohio State Football. Back to your Scott Frost coloring book.

Washington is of a traditional power than Oregon is-they won a championship under Don James in the early 90s. Never said they were a blue blood like Southern Cal is...........just said they're in the best position of anybody in the league to have continued success at this point.

nubs "should be naming their starting qb today after some situational work" also, if you spend any time looking at their fall camp reports? lots of freshmen being mentioned over the vets.

most the time when you bring in your guys and start passing on the veterans, it divides a team and locker room. we should know since we went through the same situation. what makes the nubs situation a little more unique, is the before mentioned talent they had recruited to the roster. we did not have that, the cupboards were bare.

What the **** does that comment have to do with anything? Oh wait. Your one of those "guys" who finds hookups at truck stops. Strange!
And your mom/sister does Alabama Hot Pockets while pulling the train in your bed!

How in the hell can you live with that much less sleep in the merm

Back