What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official ****braska Hate Thread

Colorado is not beating Nebraska.

1. Nebraska’s talent is not as bad as you think. (I’m not going to write a book explaining it)
2. Yes. The coaching last year was that bad. Especially on defense.
3. Home game.
4. Colorado is not that good.

P.S. No other fan base in the country has a 42 page Nebraska Hate Thread. For those of you that really want Nebraska fans to stop coming on this board, stop talking about Nebraska. It’s that simple. So with that being said.....until next time:)

1) JAGS.
2) At least this book (that you are also not writing) wouldn’t be considered fiction
3) We don’t live in Lincoln!
4) Logic fallacy. Being good is not a prerequisite

12 more days to go!

i

So the Butt huskers announced yesterday that a freshman QB will be starting there 2019 season. I wonder how well that's going to work out?

Among other items of interest, I will be curious to see what we missed in Jack Stoll and JoJo Domann.

Any chatter of us bringing Ralphie to Lincoln? It should happen.

No Eric Lee or Avery Anderson on the 2 deep.

There was a whole lot of gnashing of teeth when these two "got away" in the 2015 Colorado in state class.

Husker fans are gunning for developing that new rival with Iowa. However, probably damned to only really ever be Iowa's side chick behind ISU.

Like I told surveyvor the other day-You don't get to use the "R" word to describe a team who has drubbed you 40-10 two years ago and 56-14 last year.

There was a whole lot of gnashing of teeth when these two "got away" in the 2015 Colorado in state class.
4* players that helped give their recruiting class a bump, but we are finding out those classes were mostly just popcorn ratings. In Nebraska's case, it's fair to question whether stars truly matter...

I think Lee and Anderson simply chose poorly. They got bad coaching and never developed as players. Sucks for them.

Eric Lee much more so than Anderson, but those guys are losses these coaches tend to absorb. Stoll and Wildeman are potentially bigger losses due to the positions they play.

Officially lost the starting job. Weird he’s already weighing options. Martinez is probably pretty decent but hasn’t played in a year and who knows how he will play once the season starts.

I read some article where they stated Martinez was some type of super freak amazing QB. Not sure why Frost doesn’t think the QB situation is ideal. :)

They had another Martinez who was also a QB for the Huskers in their later Big 12 years. He would have been scary in Frost's offense. Wonder if they are related somewhat.

I don't see how the Husker locker room is divided if Grebba doesn't come back. Missing practice after receiving the news wouldn't be well received by his teammates or the Cornhusker fanbase. He's better off transferring IMO.

Sounding more and more official. My understanding is that Gebbia looked better in camp and in scrimmages but there were concerns about how well his frame would hold up in conference play - and he wasn’t as mobile/athletic. He also had a tendency to wear down as practices and scrimmages would go on since he couldn’t make plays as effortlessly as Martinez. Martinez “makes mistakes but also makes plays.”

Big deal that UCF transfer, and the QB coach’s son, didn’t get the transfer waived to play this year.

Edit: and for those keeping track, Gebbia was the 3rd highest ranked recruit in that devastated ‘17 class. 2, 3, 4, 6, 8, 10, 13, 16, and 19 all gone.

Last edited:

Sounding more and more official. My understanding is that Gebbia looked better in camp and in scrimmages but there were concerns about how well his frame would hold up in conference play - and he wasn’t as mobile/athletic. He also had a tendency to wear down as practices and scrimmages would go on since he couldn’t make plays as effortlessly as Martinez. Martinez “makes mistakes but also makes plays.”

Big deal that UCF transfer, and the QB coach’s son, didn’t get the transfer waived to play this year.

Edit: and for those keeping track, Gebbia was the 3rd highest ranked recruit in that devastated ‘17 class. 2, 3, 4, 6, 8, 10, 13, 16, and 19 all gone.

I still don't understand how people think they're a bowl team. They're gonna look like they're better coached, but I don't see more than maybe 4 wins.

Boy that has got to hurt at QB for the Huskers. You can bet that there will be tryouts for QB coming soon. Frost would probably try to beg the NCAA to give him a year of eligibility back.

If Martinez get hurt it's going to be a long, long season.

Also not uncommon for a Fr. QB to get overwhelmed by the schemes he sees. Ideally you have a veteran who can go in for a few series or even finish a game and let the freshman get calmed down and back in control. This transfer takes away that option.

Their choices now are to keep Martinez in the game and let him take a mental and emotional beating or put in a walk-on and wave the white flag which isn't good for the rest of the team.

Not only will Colorado beat Nebraska on September 8th, it could very well get very ugly. I would be shocked if the Huskers are within 2 scores at the end.
You may very well be right.
But if you are not. I know of a farm suppy store you can buy a rope from to hang yourself with. Just saying.(y)

Back