What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official ****braska Hate Thread

BS can jump out of a helicopter into that pile and have fun digging himself out:

050128_maure_hmed_6a.grid-6x2.jpg

I remain stumped how Husker fans are so optimistic, especially after reading about the defense here. This is Sam McKewon, a fishwrap writer in Omaha who is a big homer, but he pretty much seems to pick their roster apart on defense, and then concludes they will be awesome!

DL: States they have a good front, mid level in their conference. OK, I'll accept that at face value.

LB:
Inside linebackers coach Barrett Ruud — perhaps the unit’s most no-nonsense position coach — has shaped his group quickly. Three inside ‘backers transferred out. Ruud plucked Collin Miller from outside linebacker — not necessarily one of the stronger positions on the team — to play inside. Ruud has an eye for what he wants. Look for that bunch to improve year over year.

So long as Luke Gifford and Tyrin Ferguson stay healthy — no cinch there because both have struggled to make it through a season — NU will be OK at outside ‘backer. I’m curious to see what true freshman pass rusher Caleb Tannor can do. And I’m curious to see if Breon Dixon — who didn’t make the depth chart Sunday— makes a big impact. The Ole Miss transfer switched schools, leagues and positions in the span of six months. It feels like too much was expected. He has three years — not three weeks — to be Nebraska’s Demorrio Williams.
It’s a good front seven. Or at least it better be.
I bolded that last sentence.

OK - so basically they are thin and lost some talent at LB. Ruud may prove to be a great coach, but seems hardly like 2018 is going to be a strength for them, this LB position. Can't say that blurb would make me optimistic, unless I was on Nub Crack!

Now then — the secondary.
Nebraska could legitimately play six safeties — four is more likely — and the starters game one may not be the starters by October. The position was rife with injuries last season. Antonio Reed, if healthy, should have a big year and JoJo Domann’s return may be the biggest bonus Chinander got in training camp. Domann’s a hitter with good ball skills.
Corner is a major concern. Two of the top four are true freshmen, and the top two — Lamar Jackson and Dicaprio Bootle — were inconsistent at best last season. For all the guff fans and media give Jackson, he’s likely the team’s best cover corner by some margin. You’d better hope he can tackle and that he stays healthy. Even Big Ten quarterbacks can throw on freshmen corners.

So, the secondary is not going to be very good.

Seriously, don't know what these folks smoke.

I remain stumped how Husker fans are so optimistic, especially after reading about the defense here. This is Sam McKewon, a fishwrap writer in Omaha who is a big homer, but he pretty much seems to pick their roster apart on defense, and then concludes they will be awesome!

DL: States they have a good front, mid level in their conference. OK, I'll accept that at face value.

LB:
I bolded that last sentence.

OK - so basically they are thin and lost some talent at LB. Ruud may prove to be a great coach, but seems hardly like 2018 is going to be a strength for them, this LB position. Can't say that blurb would make me optimistic, unless I was on Nub Crack!

So, the secondary is not going to be very good.

Seriously, don't know what these folks smoke.

That piece lost me at the sentence that said the words "Big 10 title" and "2019 or 2020"

LOL @buffaholic yes. They are taking the best case scenario in every single situation.

TLDR TLDR I’m sorry

For example, at ILB. They have two returning starters at a position that was routinely embarrassed last year: Barry and Young. I’m willing to believe that they both stepped up with different coaching. They had two ILBs transfer away in the spring (Hampton and Ward), but brought in a top ranked JUCO ILB named Will Honas who was expected to grab a starting spot. He wasn’t able to in camp and the coaches recently mentioned that he was still swimming with the speed of the game. Okay, understandable. 4* Avery Roberts just transferred away after numerous reports that he failed to buy in and got out of shape and looked slow, etc. The article you linked points out former OLB Collin Miller moving to ILB - he passed up Avery Roberts in camp. Nebraska fans are saying this is now a deep unit because Collin Miller passed up a 4* - so he’s legit, Barry and Young are finally being coached correctly, and they have Will Honas. Just absurd. Also the position I’m watching for because Ruud had no previous coaching experience when hired and is simply a former player/teammate.

They are doing the same thing at corner now too. 4* Lamar Jackson has been enemy #1 among their fan base as not only as he been burned relentlessly since he’s been there, but he’s also been a guy who runs away from tackling responsibilities. Returning starter 4* Eric Lee didn’t make the depth chart. DiCaprio Bootle is a converted safety who the coaches admitted in the spring was struggling mightily with coverage but they put him there because he was at least willing to hit. Haven’t heard a single thing about him in fall camp other than that he’s apparently still the starter. Two true freshmen who arrived in the fall are the backup corners. Nebraska fans are now saying that - because two true freshmen passed up returning starter Lee - it’s a deep position with great competition and that Lamar Jackson must be finally being coached right since he won the starting job.o_O

There’s more. They’re doing it at RB and it may be more egregious than the rest. They believe this is their deepest position and I don’t understand it in the least. They had 4 returning players. Tre Bryant - a guy who unfortunately struggled with injuries and had to medically retire. He looked real good when healthy, at least. Devine Ozigbo - a plodder, basically an even beefier version of Izzy Matthews. Mikale Wilbon - a guy who dances too much and never could take the job when it sounded like it could be his. My understanding is pass pro is a big reason for this but idk, he’s never really stood out to me running the ball either. Jaylin Bradley - a Nebraska kid who was their lowest rated recruit in his class and was a late addition because their previous RB coach was their Jeffcoat and hated recruiting. This guy has already been passed up. They added JUCO Greg Bell, whose film looked admittedly pretty good but he struggled in the spring game. They also miraculously got a top recruit academically eligible (came down to the wire, after fall camp had started) named Maurice Washington who everyone raved about in fall camp for his speed. He’s a tad light tho, since he arrived late and was apparently hitting the books super hard and passing up the weight room (a real quote) lol.

Their RB depth chart goes Bell, Ozigbo, Washington - and because Ozigbo is ahead of Washington, their fans are freaking out that he’s going to have a monster year. I read someone say that “Ozigbo finally got his body right” which makes absolutely zero sense to me because he’s always been shredded af - maybe he lost some muscle in a good way? Idk, just weird all around. One of their writers had mentioned in the spring that he thought Ozigbo would transfer away, since he was too slow to do a lot of the things their offense likes to do (can’t split out at WR, can’t come out of the backfield and make a catch, basically just in there to run up the gut lol).

I’m a hater but the mental reaches they’re doing has me wondering if I’m the one smoking stuff. A 6 win season - which would be an improvement and is certainly no guarantee given their schedule and all the attrition - is back to being a disaster after they all promised to be patient in the spring so they wouldn’t piss off Frost. A bit of an “insider” on 247 predicted a 7 win season and a bunch of people berated him and asked if he knew about a bunch of injuries that no one else knew about. :ROFLMAO: “I just don’t see how we win less than 8, you’re aware you don’t have to be scared anymore? We got rid of Riley and have a real staff now!”

Last edited:
Many Nub fans I know only read what the Lincoln and Omaha papers. My dad isn't a Nebraska fan, but he reads the papers every day at work, and he basically thinks Nebraska should win 8 this year. Again, he just bases that off of what he reads in the papers, which is constant sunshine pumping and fluff.

Many Nub fans I know only read what the Lincoln and Omaha papers. My dad isn't a Nebraska fan, but he reads the papers every day at work, and he basically thinks Nebraska should win 8 this year. Again, he just bases that off of what he reads in the papers, which is constant sunshine pumping and fluff.
Military [Team Homer] information support operations (MISO) play an important role in DOD communications efforts through the planned use of directed programs specifically designed to support USG and DOD activities and policies. MISO are planned operations to convey selected information and indicators to foreign audiences to influence their emotions, motives, objective reasoning, and ultimately the behavior of foreign governments, organizations, groups, and individuals in a manner favorable to the originator’s objectives. Military information support (MIS) professionals follow a deliberate process that aligns commander’s objectives with an analysis of the environment; select relevant TAs; develop focused, culturally, and environmentally attuned messages and actions; employ sophisticated media delivery means; and produce observable, measurable behavioral responses.
- Joint Publication 3-13.2 Military Information Support Operations

CU and the Denver Post should think about this as well.

LOL @buffaholic yes. They are taking the best case scenario in every single situation.

TLDR TLDR I’m sorry

For example, at ILB. They have two returning starters at a position that was routinely embarrassed last year: Barry and Young. I’m willing to believe that they both stepped up with different coaching. They had two ILBs transfer away in the spring (Hampton and Ward), but brought in a top ranked JUCO ILB named Will Honas who was expected to grab a starting spot. He wasn’t able to in camp and the coaches recently mentioned that he was still swimming with the speed of the game. Okay, understandable. 4* Avery Roberts just transferred away after numerous reports that he failed to buy in and got out of shape and looked slow, etc. The article you linked points out former OLB Collin Miller moving to ILB - he passed up Avery Roberts in camp. Nebraska fans are saying this is now a deep unit because Collin Miller passed up a 4* - so he’s legit, Barry and Young are finally being coached correctly, and they have Will Honas. Just absurd. Also the position I’m watching for because Ruud had no previous coaching experience when hired and is simply a former player/teammate.

They are doing the same thing at corner now too. 4* Lamar Jackson has been enemy #1 among their fan base as not only as he been burned relentlessly since he’s been there, but he’s also been a guy who runs away from tackling responsibilities. Returning starter 4* Eric Lee didn’t make the depth chart. DiCaprio Bootle is a converted safety who the coaches admitted in the spring was struggling mightily with coverage but they put him there because he was at least willing to hit. Haven’t heard a single thing about him in fall camp other than that he’s apparently still the starter. Two true freshmen who arrived in the fall are the backup corners. Nebraska fans are now saying that - because two true freshmen passed up returning starter Lee - it’s a deep position with great competition and that Lamar Jackson must be finally being coached right since he won the starting job.o_O

There’s more. They’re doing it at RB and it may be more egregious than the rest. They believe this is their deepest position and I don’t understand it in the least. They had 4 returning players. Tre Bryant - a guy who unfortunately struggled with injuries and had to medically retire. He looked real good when healthy, at least. Devine Ozigbo - a plodder, basically an even beefier version of Izzy Matthews. Mikale Wilbon - a guy who dances too much and never could take the job when it sounded like it could be his. My understanding is pass pro is a big reason for this but idk, he’s never really stood out to me running the ball either. Jaylin Bradley - a Nebraska kid who was their lowest rated recruit in his class and was a late addition because their previous RB coach was their Jeffcoat and hated recruiting. This guy has already been passed up. They added JUCO Greg Bell, whose film looked admittedly pretty good but he struggled in the spring game. They also miraculously got a top recruit academically eligible (came down to the wire, after fall camp had started) named Maurice Washington who everyone raved about in fall camp for his speed. He’s a tad light tho, since he arrived late and was apparently hitting the books super hard and passing up the weight room (a real quote) lol.

Their RB depth chart goes Bell, Ozigbo, Washington - and because Ozigbo is ahead of Washington, their fans are freaking out that he’s going to have a monster year. I read someone say that “Ozigbo finally got his body right” which makes absolutely zero sense to me because he’s always been shredded af - maybe he lost some muscle in a good way? Idk, just weird all around. One of their writers had mentioned in the spring that he thought Ozigbo would transfer away, since he was too slow to do a lot of the things their offense likes to do (can’t split out at WR, can’t come out of the backfield and make a catch, basically just in there to run up the gut lol).

I’m a hater but the mental reaches they’re doing has me wondering if I’m the one smoking stuff. A 6 win season - which would be an improvement and is certainly no guarantee given their schedule and all the attrition - is back to being a disaster after they all promised to be patient in the spring so they wouldn’t piss off Frost. A bit of an “insider” on 247 predicted a 7 win season and a bunch of people berated him and asked if he knew about a bunch of injuries that no one else knew about. :ROFLMAO: “I just don’t see how we win less than 8, you’re aware you don’t have to be scared anymore? We got rid of Riley and have a real staff now!”

The rest of you lame-os could take some pointers from @TDforTD on drunken midnight posting.

11 more days to go!

FMFJMKCMPVDSLTC.20060516153957.jpg

Bobby Anderson was part of that 1967 squad that beat Nebraska which was the last win until the 1986 game. I don't want to go 19 years without beating those Cornholers!

The more I think about it, the more I think Riley might have been their Hawkins. Both guys didn’t inherent great teams, but pretty good ones. Both guys came in and put together very solid classes, but the results got worse every season on the field. And the highly rated classes completely fell apart once they got on campus.

I think Frost is a much, much, much better coach than Embree. But do you remember how untalented the ‘11 team was? That came from massiv attrition, changing systems, and poor coaching. Jesus Christ himself could have coached that team and would have been lucky to make a bowl.

As much as I hate to say it, I think Frost will get them rolling again eventually, but they should be ready for some growing pains this season.

I think Frost's offense is easier to implement than most. Frost should get the offense to at least mediocre, even with a true frosh QB. Do they have the types of OL and other athletes to implement it? Probably not to his satisfaction yet. Probably really thin on the depth. TD above talking about plodding RB who can't catch the ball? That guy's not going to play much in that offense, and if they lose a couple RBs, they may be plugging in bodies. Speaking of which...

Their backup QB is now a guy from Scottsdale CC named Andrew Bunch (technically a walkon, but he was a legacy who came there under Riley last year to compete). But the QB depth chart is unbelievably thin. Bunch threw for 1,331 yards and 13 TDs and 6 interceptions.

This is where we got Jordan Gehrke, who played in the same system, same HC and OC.
Gehrke: passed for 2,388 yards and 22 TDs and 14 interceptions.

The 3rd (and final) QB on the roster is a true frosh walkon from Kearney.

The whole roster is thin at best after the starters. Fans in NE are so delusional when it comes to THIS season. Could they compete if they avoid injuries and get to a bowl? Yes, that's the highest they could do in my opinion. Best case. A lot has to come together for that to happen.

The more I think about it, the more I think Riley might have been their Hawkins. Both guys didn’t inherent great teams, but pretty good ones. Both guys came in and put together very solid classes, but the results got worse every season on the field. And the highly rated classes completely fell apart once they got on campus.

I think Frost is a much, much, much better coach than Embree. But do you remember how untalented the ‘11 team was? That came from massiv attrition, changing systems, and poor coaching. Jesus Christ himself could have coached that team and would have been lucky to make a bowl.

As much as I hate to say it, I think Frost will get them rolling again eventually, but they should be ready for some growing pains this season.

Jon's a great Buff, but he was set up to fail. Frost is a better coach, but this is a much tougher job than what he dealt with at UCF.

TLDR TLDR I’m sorry

TLDR

we will see how the ncaa feels about the nubs and frost. nubs and frost are going all in on getting that ucf transfer cleared of his one year sit out. I would not be surprised if he gets cleared.

Impossible! Waylon told me they were stacked with talent and Mike Riley's utilization was defiantly the only issue.
You really think this departure is a bad sign? He was told what was expected of him to crack the depth chart. he takes a step back in team and conference quality at Oregon St to go where the practices are easier, expectations are lower, he doesn't have to work as hard.
Gebbia leaving does hurt, he would see time on the field for sure and would be one sprain or hard hit away from starting. His departure leaves them very thin at QB especially in a run heavy O. NU is two hits away from being forced to play a walk-on freshman from rural Nebraska, scary. Good thing they catch CU early.
Get ready to get pounded in Lincoln. Where is the CU tailgate going to be? Would love to stop by and meet a few of you.

Last edited:
Nice work. Wonder if KJjr has backed off the bong yet?
He moved to Nebraska for ****'s sake. You're lucky he wasn't brewing up meth in his dorm shower while wearing a spaghetti stained wifebeater.

It's hilarious that these Cali kids took a chance on Nebraska based on a recruiting visit and then once they got there and realized the reality of their situation, could not get the hell out of there fast enough.

Lincoln truly is a ****hole of ungodly proportions.

Someone on Nebraska’s 247 made a cumulative rating for their offense and defense going by the starter’s composite recruiting rankings. I found it interesting because it does a pretty good job showing the attrition they’ve been hit with. I compared our starters to see how we stack up and it’s pretty close all things considered.

Offense: N - 87 | CU - 84
Worth noting here that Kaiser and Tonz completely tank our ranking (probably for good reason) with their .77 and .78 ratings respectively. By replacing them with Moretti and Sherman, we get bumped all the way up to 86 and the gap doesn’t look so wide. Also, Colby Pursell had a rating of .79, which might have been fair but it sounds like he is one who will have a much bigger impact than that.

Defense: N - 85 | CU - 85
A couple of things here. Drew Lewis’ 247 profile apparently never got updated with a rating so I gave him an 85, which seems mostly fair. Also worth noting that Evan Worthington is the lowest rated recruit on either side with a .81, while noted bust Lamar Jackson is the highest rated with a .96.

Ultimately, it’s close with Nebraska having an edge offensively. Obviously, this also doesn’t take into account the depth (or lack thereof) of both teams. Their OL is highly rated but they underperformed majorly last year and I will need to see it to believe it before I buy in that they deserve their recruiting stars. Hard to give Riley a ton of credit for evaluations when his team sucked.

TLDR: we’re gonna win!

So with all of the husker players that have jumped off the ship that they think is heading for an iceberg...how long before this turns into the movie Necessary Roughness? Will Frost ping former in-state QB’s that never enrolled in college, after deciding to take on the family business? Will open tryouts be held?

You really think this departure is a bad sign? He was told what was expected of him to crack the depth chart. he takes a step back in team and conference quality at Oregon St to go where the practices are easier, expectations are lower, he doesn't have to work as hard.
Gebbia leaving does hurt, he would see time on the field for sure and would be one sprain or hard hit away from starting. His departure leaves them very thin at QB especially in a run heavy O. NU is two hits away from being forced to play a walk-on freshman from rural Nebraska, scary. Good thing they catch CU early.
Get ready to get pounded in Lincoln. Where is the CU tailgate going to be? Would love to stop by and meet a few of you.

Did you watch NU last year WVS? I don't understand how your entire fanbase thinks Husker Jesus is going to turn you around as quickly as he did UCF-there's so much talent in Florida that UCF can get studs without having to do much outside of that state. Nebraska? Not so much. You're in for a long couple years, including two consecutive losses at our hands. Prepare yourself.

Last edited:
Back