What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official ****braska Hate Thread

And I don't think he's even gone through the hazing process yet.

post GIF

You hate to see it
That ad keeps popping up on television and I’m, like, “Why in hell would any advertising agency think advertising how ****ty your product is will be a great way to get people to buy it.” Good old reverse psychology I guess.

Man that is a lot of kool aid flowing in Nebraska.

While I believe NU will struggle and losing Arik Gilbert will be massive. Sims is legit and has been Legit. I am interested to see how NU does running 2TE, I-form with a RB and a FB on offense. It's going to be unique to see this style of offense back in 2023

While I believe NU will struggle and losing Arik Gilbert will be massive. Sims is legit and has been Legit. I am interested to see how NU does running 2TE, I-form with a RB and a FB on offense. It's going to be unique to see this style of offense back in 2023
Sims has played in a lot of games, but we have different definitions of “legit”.

IMG_6694.jpeg

Saw that on Gilbert. Do we have any transfers we need to worry about?
I believe it’s the NCAA cracking down on 2 or more FBS transfers right? So Domineck and Devee Harris are the only ones with 2 FBS transfers but they’re both grad transfers so I don’t think it applies to them. We have a few guys with a CC transfer + an FCS transfer or 2 FCS transfers (Wilkerson for example) but I don’t think they’re cracking down on those. To my knowledge no one needed to apply for a waiver.

I believe it’s the NCAA cracking down on 2 or more FBS transfers right? So Domineck and Devee Harris are the only ones with 2 FBS transfers but they’re both grad transfers so I don’t think it applies to them. We have a few guys with a CC transfer + an FCS transfer or 2 FCS transfers (Wilkerson for example) but I don’t think they’re cracking down on those. To my knowledge no one needed to apply for a waiver.
Shilo Sanders? I imagine he would get a waiver since his coach left… but Kopp didn’t

Shilo Sanders? I imagine he would get a waiver since his coach left… but Kopp didn’t
That’s still an FBS -> FCS -> FBS transfer.

Kopp went Houston -> Colorado -> Miami (OH)
Gilbert went LSU -> Georgia -> Nebraska

So I think Shilo is all good. Clunky wording, I mean players who are on their 3rd FBS team when I say 2 or more FBS transfers.

Last edited:
Sims has played in a lot of games, but we have different definitions of “legit”.

View attachment 62986
You have to watch the games. He's legit. I was telling folks that Gibbs is much better than Reggie Bush when he was at Tech and they were like, you are crazy. He already looks better than Bush movement wise in the NFL. Just a superior runner.

Sometimes stats are impacted by the trash around you and GT had a lot of trash.

Sims is legit and that was a tremendous signing by NU. Sadly, it's not a great squad and no Arik Gilbert will hurt their planned two TE sets with I-Formation backfield.

I still expect him to carry Nebraska at times this season and he's definitely a NFL QB. I like his game more than Malik Cunningham. Not quite as much as DTR or Brock Purdy. I tend to throw stats away in college football. Supporting cast plays such a massive role as well as scheme.

That’s still an FBS -> FCS -> FBS transfer.

Kopp went Houston -> Colorado -> Miami (OH)
Gilbert went LSU -> Georgia -> Nebraska

So I think Shilo is all good. Clunky wording, I mean players who are on their 3rd FBS team when I say 2 or more FBS transfers.
No, it's complex since Shilo was FBS but Shilo graduated so he's eligible. But it's FCS to FBS is a free transfer by the rules even without the one time transfer rule.

You have to watch the games. He's legit. I was telling folks that Gibbs is much better than Reggie Bush when he was at Tech and they were like, you are crazy. He already looks better than Bush movement wise in the NFL. Just a superior runner.

Sims is legit and that was a tremendous signing by NU. Sadly, it's not a great squad and no Arik Gilbert will hurt their planned two TE sets with I-Formation backfield.

I still expect him to carry Nebraska at times this season and he's definitely a NFL QB. I like his game more than Malik Cunningham. Not quite as much as DTR or Brock Purdy.
I would agree with you if it was one season, but ball don’t lie for three consecutive seasons of trash that Sims put out at GT. At some point, if you’re “him” you are able to carry a squad and put up numbers. Brendan Lewis put up better numbers at Colorado in 2021 than Sims did at any point in his career to this point.

I still expect him to carry Nebraska at times this season and he's definitely a NFL QB. I like his game more than Malik Cunningham. Not quite as much as DTR or Brock Purdy. I tend to throw stats away in college football. Supporting cast plays such a massive role as well as scheme.
I watched plenty of Gibbs and Bush, and I do think you’re crazy lol Bush os one of the best college players I’ve ever seen

Jeff Sims does not give NFL QB vibes to me at all
I fully acknowledge that I haven’t watched him play, but at some point production has to match any kind of eye test for it to matter and “Georgia Tech had a horrible team around him” isn’t a legitimate excuse for an NFL caliber QB THREE seasons in a row.

Perish the thought, but if Nebraska hangs in there with CU for a significant amount of time it will because the Nub's running game and times of possession are working in its favor. Which will mean that NU is holding its own, or better, at the line of scrimmage. IMO Sims looks to be an OK signing, but if his passing causes CU any long-term heartburn in that game then CU probably has issues in its pass defense.

Back