What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official ****braska Hate Thread

Terrible fans are not the same thing as terrible culture.

I'd be curious to hear @FlaBuff 's views regarding the culture of the 1990 CU team v. the 1994 team. It's my impression that the 1994 team was more talented.

But not here. **** nebraska.
I was more referencing all of the criminals and abusers they had on those teams

I'd be curious to hear @FlaBuff 's views regarding the culture of the 1990 CU team v. the 1994 team. It's my impression that the 1994 team was more talented.

@Uncle Ken, I can say 1989 & 1990 had tremendous leadership, talent, & culture. Unity and purpose like I’ve never experienced before or since. I graduated in December of 92, so I knew a good portion of those guys from the 94 team. We we’re probably a little scrappier in 89 & 90, but based on post season awards and NFL draft, they were probably more talented.

That's what CP is saying then. Use "norms". Don't use "culture". Not sure what we are arguing about here.

Norms are fundamental to any team. Teams with norms have high floor. Teams with norms, and talent and hardwork, have high ceiling. You can gel in whatever awesome way you want, and you still can't beat Alabama.

Let me make my point clear. I am not arguing against norms, or culture. My whole point is, great team doesn't win because of "norms". Great team wins because of talent, hard working and attention to details. They also need to have good "norms", but that's not the differentiation factor. And yes, the members don't necessarily like each other.
Why are you dying on this hill?

Methinks he is replying to Lawrence Phillips and several other athletes that were "known" to be terrible people. I don't think Leon is saying that the kNu fans are terrible in that post (I am sure he will in another post)... but I don't speak for Leon.

I watched plenty of Gibbs and Bush, and I do think you’re crazy lol Bush os one of the best college players I’ve ever seen
I didn't think much of Bush. USC scheme was way ahead of its time and it was a lot of busted coverages. There is a reason I think Gibbs will be one of the best RBs in football at the NFL level and Bush and Leinart is just a scheme cheat code. Another player I didn't like. To be honest, I didn't like anything about USC other than their run blocking and back 7 in those special years. I even had Jarrett and Williams being bust in the NFL and was dead on accurate.

Bush really couldn't run between the tackles and his blocking was subpar. He was pure explosiveness and elusiveness but he wasn't Gale Sayers like the hype around him at that time.

Gibbs can do it all. He had to do it in a less than ideal situation till Bama.

It's like the early Briles scheme with RG3, so much was busted. It was ahead of its time. They just didn’t have the players who could defend what SC was doing at the time.

I didn't think much of Bush. USC scheme was way ahead of its time and it was a lot of busted coverages. There is a reason I think Gibbs will be one of the best RBs in football at the NFL level and Bush and Leinart is just a scheme cheat code. Another player I didn't like. To be honest, I didn't like anything about USC other than their run blocking and back 7 in those special years. I even had Jarrett and Williams being bust in the NFL and was dead on accurate.

Bush really couldn't run between the tackles and his blocking was subpar. He was pure explosiveness and elusiveness but he wasn't Gale Sayers like the hype around him at that time.

It's like the early Briles scheme with RG3, so much was busted. It was ahead of its time. They just didn’t have the players who could defend what SC was doing at the time.
Okay you’re getting the hate part, now we just need to direct it better.

Let me get this straight... Reggie Bush is the product of Pete Carroll's scheme? I don't know if you are aware of this... but Reggie Bush never really had to block... LenDale White came in for those plays. yeah, the only thing you got correct in the above statement- including punctuation and grammar- was that he is (was) subpar in blocking.

Did Pete Carroll scheme that 500 yard game for him? (yes, he had a 500 yard game- total yards) He didn't need to block that day.

Let me get this straight... Reggie Bush is the product of Pete Carroll's scheme? I don't know if you are aware of this... but Reggie Bush never really had to block... LenDale White came in for those plays. yeah, the only thing you got correct in the above statement- including punctuation and grammar- was that he is (was) subpar in blocking.

Did Pete Carroll scheme that 500 yard game for him? (yes, he had a 500 yard game- total yards) He didn't need to block that day.
Yes

I know and guess what he couldn't do when he got to the NFL?

Go watch his highlights. It was a lot of him 1v1 against a thumper safeties who couldn't defend your average RB in space much less Bush at the time. Reggie was a tremendous pass catcher, route runner, and he was elite in space. In the NFL, you have to do it all. Pete basically used LenDale and Reggie to their strengths and it was exposed in the NFL when both had to do a lot more than what USC asked them to do. It sounds like you think I think Reggie is a bad player. He was an excellent player in college but like Leinart and White, they really weren't that good of NFL players.

Whereas someone like Gibbs had to do it all at Tech and at this time in history, schools have the linebackers and safeties to at least defend RBs in space even if they can't guard Gibbs at all.

Many times, it's Bush with no one around him for 40 yards

I just don't see Bush in college anywhere near Gibbs. Gibbs could do it all.

Last edited:
Damn could I go for a "Husker Tears" beer about now.

With all our local brewing talent will someone fill this void in the market for all of us?

Nub blogs are getting all butthurt about Deion's red-banning within the facilities.

Lmao Lol GIF

I mean, it's not like nebraska fans don't flood Folsom and make a big deal of it. Pretending that there isn't a lot of hate between the fanbases of these two teams doesn't mean there isn't. There is. This game probably means more for both teams than other non-conference games and probably more than some conference games (when the teams are not in contention for a conference championship). It might mean even more for nebraska since they haven't won in the most recent renewal of the series.

But by all means, continue pretending that only CU cares a lot about this game.

Last edited:
Nub blogs are getting all butthurt about Deion's red-banning within the facilities.

Now that is getting a bit presumptuous.. maybe a little self importance? How does the writer know that we are banning the red because of them? Does the write know that kUtah is our rival?:cool:

the article just really shows how oblivious these people are. These annoying people try to fill our stadium because they all want to live in our beautiful state instead of their own. Our AD talked about keeping the red out the day he hired Deion. If I recall correctly, rhule seemed to have talked some trash about how our coach built his roster. Really they are the worst fans in college football.

and another thing Mr. Writer.... glad that you acknowledge that you won't be good enough to play us in the College Football Playoff "anytime soon" as you like to say in your article!

Now that is getting a bit presumptuous.. maybe a little self importance? How does the writer know that we are banning the red because of them? Does the write know that kUtah is our rival?:cool:
Yep
It starts and ends with Red, **** Nebraska and Beat Utah
We MUST immediately gain footing over Utah, especially heading into the Big 12

Yep
It starts and ends with Red, **** Nebraska and Beat Utah
We MUST immediately gain footing over Utah, especially heading into the Big 12
Love it!!! and then we sh!t the bed the following week against the zoomies.

A great hate-read is the live game thread and hubris on huskerboard in 2019 when the Nubs fans shamefully had at least 60% red at Folsom and a 17 point lead at half, and then this happened.....

Washington did that to us at Jackson State for Grambling.

A great hate-read is the live game thread and hubris on huskerboard in 2019 when the Nubs fans shamefully had at least 60% red at Folsom and a 17 point lead at half, and then this happened.....

Great, now I have watched something on pac-12 network recently

Back