What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official ****braska Hate Thread

Got in on this late but here goes.

Culture cannot overcome a lack of talent or skill. A team that is small and slow but has great culture is still going to lose to at team that has talent and skill even if that team doesn't have quality culture.

Culture makes all the difference when teams of relatively equal talent and skill are competing. Culture is what determines if the members of a team are giving their full efforts and if those efforts are coordinated or directed towards the success of the team over the benefit of the individual.

Prime and his staff have brought in significantly more talent and skill than we have seen in Boulder for a long time. For the first time in years we won't go into virtually every game knowing our opponent has better players than us

Now the task for the coaches is to get those players functioning as a team and working toward team goals over individual goals.

Nebraska can talk about culture but the fact is that they will be at a significant talent disadvantage to the majority of teams on their schedule. When putting in your best effort and still losing becomes commonplace it is normal that individuals lose interest in team goals and instead focus more on their own goals or simply lose focus on goals.

Nebraska carries over enough players from prior years that have done exactly this that it won't take much, a couple of solid losses, to quickly move that team into the downward cultural spiral.

Got in on this late but here goes.

Culture cannot overcome a lack of talent or skill. A team that is small and slow but has great culture is still going to lose to at team that has talent and skill even if that team doesn't have quality culture.

Culture makes all the difference when teams of relatively equal talent and skill are competing. Culture is what determines if the members of a team are giving their full efforts and if those efforts are coordinated or directed towards the success of the team over the benefit of the individual.

Prime and his staff have brought in significantly more talent and skill than we have seen in Boulder for a long time. For the first time in years we won't go into virtually every game knowing our opponent has better players than us

Now the task for the coaches is to get those players functioning as a team and working toward team goals over individual goals.

Nebraska can talk about culture but the fact is that they will be at a significant talent disadvantage to the majority of teams on their schedule. When putting in your best effort and still losing becomes commonplace it is normal that individuals lose interest in team goals and instead focus more on their own goals or simply lose focus on goals.

Nebraska carries over enough players from prior years that have done exactly this that it won't take much, a couple of solid losses, to quickly move that team into the downward cultural spiral.
It’s basically why UT and USC serially underperform.

Jim Harbaugh would be excited for creamed corn.

Excited Michigan Football GIF by Michigan Athletics

Nub friends think it’s legit and far and away above Primes class lol. They said average rating isn’t important and if he only takes 15 that’s bad on him. Completely ignored that it’s probably going to be small due to low # of seniors but can’t expect much from nub folks

But seriously - how are they ranked #25 right now?
Pre-season polls are a joke. We have seen the fuskers show up in a couple of them in recent years.

Iowa gets votes in them because they have consistently been ranked in prior years. The voters have no clue so they vote on name recognition.

And even if the voters did watch Iowa games in recent years they don't know them well because they were bored to sleep.

Pre-season polls are a joke. We have seen the fuskers show up in a couple of them in recent years.

Iowa gets votes in them because they have consistently been ranked in prior years. The voters have no clue so they vote on name recognition.

And even if the voters did watch Iowa games in recent years they don't know them well because they were bored to sleep.
With the way the transfer portal is, it's even more of a joke.

While I believe NU will struggle and losing Arik Gilbert will be massive. Sims is legit and has been Legit. I am interested to see how NU does running 2TE, I-form with a RB and a FB on offense. It's going to be unique to see this style of offense back in 2023
Bruv, cmon.

New York No GIF by HULU

While I believe NU will struggle and losing Arik Gilbert will be massive. Sims is legit and has been Legit. I am interested to see how NU does running 2TE, I-form with a RB and a FB on offense. It's going to be unique to see this style of offense back in 2023
There is a reason it will be unique.

Nobody else at the top level is going to try to run it because defenses have it figured out.

Nebraska fans keep dreaming that all they have to do is go back to the middle 90's. The game isn't the same as that era. Every good team has defenders on the edge who can penetrate and take away the wide option forcing the run into the middle. Knowing that the ball is coming between the tackles you focus on making the stop and the offense is now off schedule for a first down and is forced to do what it doesn't do well.

And Nebraska no longer has the advantage they did when they could roid up a bunch of big farm kids on the OL and push people around. They aren't going to push around the B1G.

Only question is how many years Rhule gets before they dump him and bring back the next head coach who they can call a "husker at heart" who has connections to Osborne's teams.

Nub friends think it’s legit and far and away above Primes class lol. They said average rating isn’t important and if he only takes 15 that’s bad on him. Completely ignored that it’s probably going to be small due to low # of seniors but can’t expect much from nub folks
Btw one of our best classes ever only had 11or 12. Bienimy, hemmingway, Williams and McGhee among others. Also Scott Lockwood from Fairview didn’t want to go to CU that yr. because he wanted to win the Heisman and went to USC instead. True story

Btw one of our best classes ever only had 11or 12. Bienimy, hemmingway, Williams and McGhee among others. Also Scott Lockwood from Fairview didn’t want to go to CU that yr. because he wanted to win the Heisman and went to USC instead. True story
And Junior Seau wanted to sign but parents said USC. Average talent in that small class was unreal

A great hate-read is the live game thread and hubris on huskerboard in 2019 when the Nubs fans shamefully had at least 60% red at Folsom and a 17 point lead at half, and then this happened.....

Can this be posted on Huskermax with the caption “Remember dis ho?”, or whatever Mo Washington texted to that girl.

Beating the nubs in dramatic fashion two years in a row, is pretty sweet!

Some Husker Tailgate party. Apparently they are taking over Boulder and blocking off the street between "two exclusive hotels"

Some Husker Tailgate party. Apparently they are taking over Boulder and blocking off the street between "two exclusive hotels"
Phew, I looked at both of those hotels to stay at the night before the game. That was close.

Phew, I looked at both of those hotels to stay at the night before the game. That was close.
BTW, hotel prices for anything remotely nearby are insane. Since I am local, I can drive in the morning of, but I had this nightmare of paying a bunch of money to be surrounded by cornchubs regaling each other with Jarvis Redwine stories....

Back