What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official ****braska Hate Thread

Maybe I shouldn’t comment like this on the Hate thread, but...

Firstly, I want to say that I want to play nubs on Black Friday every year. I enjoyed our successes and lived the heartaches against them since the 90s. I see them as our biggest rivals. I hope they become better just so when we whoop them every year, it tastes so much sweeter. I hope they value us as rivals as much as we do to them.

That said, I - for the first time - checked out one of their boards (Rivals). I went through the first couple of pages of their threads. Other than a few bad apples, that every team has, they seem generally rather level headed and respectful (especially comparing to CSU boards, which is the only other rival board I have visited). They had a thread largely complimenting Shenault. They had a thread praising CU’s good years that made us a more worthy rival than Iowa. And so on..

I think the vitriol thrown around this thread seems a bit manufactured, if only for a bunch of 35- yr olds who have nothing better to do than to remiss and bind closer around. I’d like to think we are just using this platform to vent, and not necessarily really have so much hate towards them..

Next years rematch will surely be fun, if only for the jibing that extreme fans will bring.

Then again, maybe its just because I haven’t met a nub fan in years...they don’t venture anywhere close to where I live.

Most of this thread just became the pre-season preview thread for Nebraska where we posted details about their team for our actual matchup. It was as good a place as any since we already had a thread. I do think it’s worth noting that Nebraska fans are a lot better and less easy to hate if you stay off Twitter. But they are, at best, a top 3 nasty fanbase on twitter. It’s why there was an article two years ago where recruits called them the most annoying fanbase. Of course, there are some good ones still. If you’ve stayed off twitter, I can’t stress enough how little exaggerating is going on about Callier. They are FLOODING his mentions with nasty hate, spanning from racism to threats of violence to simple obscenities.

I hate Nebraska and their stupid fans (except the good ones!) but I, and others, mostly use this thread to laugh at their expense rather than blindly hate them with some kind of seething rage. It’s funny when a neutral analyst expresses concern about their team, then that analyst gets picked apart on twitter, then Nebraska wins 4 games. That’s funny and you can bet it’s going to be posted on this board. It’s funny when their fans promise to be good and patient for Frost, then go right back to expecting a 9 or 10 win season. It’s funny when they think Lincoln is a great city. It’s all in good fun.

Firstly, I want to say that I want to play nubs on Black Friday every year. I enjoyed our successes and lived the heartaches against them since the 90s. I see them as our biggest rivals. I hope they become better just so when we whoop them every year, it tastes so much sweeter. I hope they value us as rivals as much as we do to them.

That said, I - for the first time - checked out one of their boards (Rivals). I went through the first couple of pages of their threads. Other than a few bad apples, that every team has, they seem generally rather level headed and respectful (especially comparing to CSU boards, which is the only other rival board I have visited). They had a thread largely complimenting Shenault. They had a thread praising CU’s good years that made us a more worthy rival than Iowa. And so on..

I think the vitriol thrown around this thread seems a bit manufactured, if only for a bunch of 35- yr olds who have nothing better to do than to remiss and bind closer around. I’d like to think we are just using this platform to vent, and not necessarily really have so much hate towards them..

Next years rematch will surely be fun, if only for the jibing that extreme fans will bring.

Then again, maybe its just because I haven’t met a nub fan in years...they don’t venture anywhere close to where I live.
Blow me

I think the vitriol thrown around this thread seems a bit manufactured, if only for a bunch of 35- yr olds who have nothing better to do than to remiss and bind closer around. I’d like to think we are just using this platform to vent, and not necessarily really have so much hate towards them.
The majority of the "vitriol" thrown around on this thread is in direct response to a douchnozzle nub who talked trash all week, then doubled down on it to back up his whiny loser "coach". Yeah, we have an official Nebraska Hate thread. Any Buff fan who remembers the Big 8 and Big 12 will always have a special place in the pits of Hell for the corn. Any Buff fan who has ever had any interaction with their passive-aggressive, condescending, backhanded compliment of a fanbase will struggle to feel anything but loathing towards that program. Personally, and I know it might not be the most popular opinion around here, I would like to put those red headed imbreds in our rearview mirror and never have to deal with their kind again. But I can assure you with total certainty that nothing about our feeling towards that program is manufactured. It's real and deep seeded.

Last edited:

its cool. hate as a path to enlightenment is not for everyone. and, they do have some good fans. we just seem to attract a lot of their extra ****ty ones, perhaps because we challenge their thinking on who we are and who they are. when a fanbase like the fuskers' is so committed and engaged to a set of ideals, they are often willing to ignore facts and evidence and to close off any consideration of anything that is outside their comfort zone. i personally think they are a bunch of sanctimonious pricks who can't stand that the one shining thing in their lives of everlasting despair is not what they want it to be. blaming OTHERS for their failures is a typically tribalistic reaction from a group that feels so threatened.

**** them.

A Wisconsin fan came liking some of our tweets and I saw him respond to this Lincoln East HS coach:

It’s a cult!

Honestly, this is soooo good for us and way more fun. Having a rival that hates you so bad they won't even acknowledge a rivalry is perfect. Coach Mac was and is a genius. He totally created this out of whole cloth and it's a big reason we have a baseline quality expectation as a program now. Honestly, I have missed this the last decade.

I'm loving how butthurt their entire fanbase is about getting beat. I truly appreciate it. I didn't think I could have enjoyed that win any more than I did, but Nebraska fans have given me even more enjoyment than I could have hoped for. Especially with the NH coming up. I hope they investigate the coin next. No way we could have won that in Nebraska without cheating refs and a trick coin!!!

Them fuskers have a long season ahaed of em. Starting with a loss to troy this saturday. That whole fan base will be a total meltdown by game 5.

Last edited:
They've latched on to this extremely ambiguous video like a lifeline. Frosty has encouraged it, and they will follow Him because He can do no wrong.

No matter what the judgement of the Pac-12 or Big 10 is on the play, this is something that they are going to bring up for YEARS, like piss balloons and beer bottles and tire slashing and granny tossing.

I wouldn't be surprised that if Adrian Martinez struggles, or doesn't pan out as a player (I think he will, he looked really good), that Nebraska fans will somehow pin this exact moment as to why. Manufacturing the idea that after the egregious knee twist that Martinez was never the same. Such a bright future that was ruined by the brutality of the criminal Colorado football program.

I wouldn't be surprised that if Adrian Martinez struggles, or doesn't pan out as a player (I think he will, he looked really good), that Nebraska fans will somehow pin this exact moment as to why. Manufacturing the idea that after the egregious knee twist that Martinez was never the same. Such a bright future that was ruined by the brutality of the criminal Colorado football program.
Kneegate 2018

NU should take head of last year's CU-CSU game. The entirety of their fan base came out convinced the only reason we won was officiating bias on the 3 OPI's against them. With a different ref crew, they would destroy us this year!

Umm, yeah, that didn't exactly happen, now did it?

Boulder is going to be hopping next fall. No doubt about it.

scott frost is a pompus jerk who was completly out coached in the 2nd half of the game....cry me a river!

i hope the fuskers win games this year-- that was a good win for our Buffs and it should be recognized as such. the fuskers are very talented and athletic and i think that qb is special. sure, their fans are a bunch of whiny bitch hypocritical internet tough guys, but hey, you can't have everything.

we won; they lost; **** them forever.

Back