What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official ****braska Hate Thread

Undefeated since 1942, when they stopped playing. For a student population of 8600 they have a good Athletic Program. The little school on the hill is easy to cheer for.

My Wife’s grandpa played DE(?) for Creighton back in the 30’s. He was asked to play for the Lions, got hurt during whatever fall camp was back then, came back to Omaha and built a pretty decent name for himself in Boystown and the St. Cecilia’s Cathedral area. I heard he was a Notre Dame fan, and didn’t care much for Bob DeVaney....gotta tie it into the Husker thread!

Maybe I shouldn’t comment like this on the Hate thread, but...

Firstly, I want to say that I want to play nubs on Black Friday every year. I enjoyed our successes and lived the heartaches against them since the 90s. I see them as our biggest rivals. I hope they become better just so when we whoop them every year, it tastes so much sweeter. I hope they value us as rivals as much as we do to them.

That said, I - for the first time - checked out one of their boards (Rivals). I went through the first couple of pages of their threads. Other than a few bad apples, that every team has, they seem generally rather level headed and respectful (especially comparing to CSU boards, which is the only other rival board I have visited). They had a thread largely complimenting Shenault. They had a thread praising CU’s good years that made us a more worthy rival than Iowa. And so on..

I think the vitriol thrown around this thread seems a bit manufactured, if only for a bunch of 35- yr olds who have nothing better to do than to remiss and bind closer around. I’d like to think we are just using this platform to vent, and not necessarily really have so much hate towards them..

Next years rematch will surely be fun, if only for the jibing that extreme fans will bring.

Then again, maybe its just because I haven’t met a nub fan in years...they don’t venture anywhere close to where I live.
Do you live in a library or shower stall?

Do you live in a library or shower stall?

Serious question? Not sure any Nebraskans are willing to/know how to/can afford to venture more than 500miles outside of their state unless it’s to follow their team to an away game. I live 16hrs by flight away from Omaha.

https://saturdaytradition.com/nebra...cember-game-expects-huskers-b1g-championship/

Frost's delusional comments about Nebraska playing for a Big 10 title for those who haven't seen it.
Meh. He’s taking the stance I’d want a coach to have. Don’t concede any losses. If AM keeps gett better and the team gets better anything can happen. But don’t concede losses before they happen. Coaching 101. I’d be pissed if MM said “Well, I think we could win 10 games this year, but obviously Washington and USC are no-hopers.”

And he knows a makeup game with Akron or the like is the next best thing to a bye week. Only a bye week with a win.

Meh. He’s taking the stance I’d want a coach to have. Don’t concede any losses. If AM keeps gett better and the team gets better anything can happen. But don’t concede losses before they happen. Coaching 101. I’d be pissed if MM said “Well, I think we could win 10 games this year, but obviously Washington and USC are no-hopers.”

And he knows a makeup game with Akron or the like is the next best thing to a bye week. Only a bye week with a win.

Right. That’s fair, but instead of putting up bulletin board material and bizarre expectations, he should just say that they are on to Troy. They’ll take each game as they come and prepare for every opponent.

That doesn't mean we can't make fun of him for it.

I was actually having fun with the "hate" thing before the game, and really gave props to not only the Husker team but the fans in Memorial Stadium on Saturday.

The past 5 or 6 days has re-kindled some passion for me, though. Now I really do not like Frost - I think he's a whiny bitch - and the bad taste in my mouth about the "world's classiest fans" that I had from listening to every Husker fan's story about piss balloons, thrown batteries, keyed cars, busted windows, and of course grandmas pushed down stairs came rushing back with Kneerollgate.

Now I'm going with **** you guys.

My Wife’s grandpa played DE(?) for Creighton back in the 30’s. He was asked to play for the Lions, got hurt during whatever fall camp was back then, came back to Omaha and built a pretty decent name for himself in Boystown and the St. Cecilia’s Cathedral area. I heard he was a Notre Dame fan, and didn’t care much for Bob DeVaney....gotta tie it into the Husker thread!
Red blinded NU fans don't realize if Creighton had kept football, things may have turned out very differently in Lincoln. What if CU was respectable enough to keep Johnny Rogers or just even 33% of the Omaha kids over the years when NU was building their legacy in the 60s without in-state compiitition. "The Bobfather" may never gotten it to take off...... This opinion will be laughed at by the NU fan that lives outside of Omaha.

Last edited:
Red blinded NU fans don't realize if Creighton had kept football, things may have turned out very differently in Lincoln. What if CU was respectable enough to keep Johnny Rogers or just even 33% of the Omaha kids over the years when NU was building their legacy in the 60s without in-state compiitition. "Tye Bobfather" may never gotten it to take off...... This opinion will be laughed at by the NU fan that lives outside of Omaha.
This is a CU board, nobody gives a f@ck.

Back