What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Buffs Dance Resume Thread

It's too bad that each year AFA struggles so much. We play a MWC team and get the return of playing a MEAC team.

Quick aside to thank Nik, Goose, and friends for the updates here! This thread continues to be my favorite on AB.

Dammit. Now I'll feel guilty when I forget to update it for a few days.

Seriously, though, thank you. It makes a difference to know people are paying attention to threads like this and enjoying them, because they're a lot of work.

Games we care about tonight:

Portland at COLORADO (7:00 MT, PACN)
Penn State at Duquesne (5:00 MT)
Appalachian State at Hampton (5:00 MT)
Miami vs #16 Utah (5:00 MT, ESPNU)
Adams State at BYU (7:00 MT)
Georgia Southern at Auburn (7:30 MT, SECN)
Savannah State at #25 Oregon (9:00 MT, PACN)
Idaho State at Washington State (9:00 MT, PACN)
East Carolina at #15 Cal (9:00 MT, PACN)

Buffs rolled to a 22 point win.

Auburn, Hampton & BYU won.

Utah & Penn State lost. Both got destroyed by, respectively, Miami and Duquesne.

Oregon is up big at half, 42-24.
Cal in a tight one at half, 31-26.
Wazzu also close at half, 44-37.

Penn State is not looking good. They were weak before today scraping by cupcakes and now losing by 26 to Duquesne?

Is Utah falling back? Miami curb stomped them. Bad. I have a difficult time believing Miami is that good. Are they?

Is Utah falling back? Miami curb stomped them. Bad. I have a difficult time believing Miami is that good. Are they?

Miami was great a few years ago. Might be seeing the cycle of the recruits off that. They've looked great to start the year.

Utah is definitely falling back. Still a good team, but they lost Delon Wright. That's like when CU lost Spencer.

Kent State got the win.
Northern Colorado, not so much. They bad.

I'm drunk, pissed and need to get my mind off the football game... so here are the Sunday games we care about:

Omaha at Colorado (12:00 MT, PACN)
Robert Morris at Air Force (2:00 MT)
Oakland at CSU (2:00 MT)
Yale at SMU (2:30 MT, ESPNN)
Temple vs Utah (2:30 MT, ESPNU)
Austin Peay at Northern Colorado (2:30 MT)
Valparaiso at Oregon (4:00 MT, PACN)... this is a good test
Northwestern State at Arizona (6:00 MT, PACN)
Abilene Christian at Portland (8:00 MT)
Stanford at St. Mary's (9:00 MT, ESPNU)... furd needs this one
Nicholls at Hawaii (10:30 MT)... why isn't this on tv? it's a true hoops junkie special!

Utah needs that win over a Temple side thought to be just 6th in the AAC. They've still got Duke and a visit to Wichita State OOC. Good for RPI but yikes.

St. Mary's isn't what they were a few years ago, but that game on the road looks like potential trouble for Stanford.

AFA, CSU and SMU all winners so far today.

UNCo getting crushed by a terrible Austin Peay team.

Utah looking good against Temple.

Oregon continues to look strong with a win over Valpo.

If the Pac-12 keeps it up, we're going to be right there at the top of RPI conferences.

So much stress this time of year making sure our conference peers and OOC opponents don't have any bad losses. I think the PAC will be solid this season, some of our OOC opponents will be 300+ but that's ok. Just win and that takes pressure off having any blemishes come selection Sunday.

Portland was impressive tonight. Abilene Christian came in 2-0 and Portland blitzed them 48-15 in the 1st half on the way to a 87-57 win. Could be a team that does a little bit this season in a very top-heavy WCC.

Stanford hung for a while with St. Mary's and then got dusted by 17. Doesn't look like they're playing much defense.

We've got some Pac-12 teams in action today, with a couple serious tests.

USC hosts CS Northridge (7:00, PACN)
ASU plays NC State in Brooklyn (7:30)
Cal hosts Sam Houston State (9:00, PACN)
UCLA plays UNLV in Maui (9:30, ESPN2)

Also, Iowa State is finally back in action today against a good Chattanooga squad (3-0) that has wins at Georgia and over Illinois. 6pm MT & not on tv for some reason.

I get its way, way too early, but am I seeing this correctly. Can 'Lil Brother be #1 with Oakland, N. Iowa and LM?
Had we beaten Iowa State, what range would we be in right now?

Portland was impressive tonight. Abilene Christian came in 2-0 and Portland blitzed them 48-15 in the 1st half on the way to a 87-57 win. Could be a team that does a little bit this season in a very top-heavy WCC.

Stanford hung for a while with St. Mary's and then got dusted by 17. Doesn't look like they're playing much defense.

As you say, it's going to be tough for Portland in conference play with the Zags, BYU, St. Mary's and even Pepperdine solid. Still, they're no slouches and should have a decent RPI from it all and pick up some quality home wins as they push for 4th. Definitely not a cupcake. Good scheduling.

I get its way, way too early, but am I seeing this correctly. Can 'Lil Brother be #1 with Oakland, N. Iowa and LM?
Had we beaten Iowa State, what range would we be in right now?
That looks like junk to me. Kenpom has us at 61 and little brother at 101; I'm much more willing to believe that at this point in the season: http://kenpom.com/

Back