What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Buffs Dance Resume Thread

Yeah, aren't they the team with the bench players doing all the whacky moves when something good happens?

Yep. With wins at UCLA, at Georgetown, neutral vs USC and played Dayton (#10 RPI - sleeper Final 4 pick) within 3 on a neutral court.

Buffs are holding strong at a 10 seed in ESPN's bracket, and now up to an 8 seed in CBS's. I'd love to get to a 5 or 6 seed but that might be asking too much.

Need to hold serve at home the rest of the way (6 wins gets us to 20), go 2-5 in our 7 road games (22-9 overall) and then probably reach the finals in the Pac-12 tourney (24-10 with a finals loss) to be looking at a 5 or 6 seed. That's my quick monkey math that is likely completely wrong.

Reid from Oregon State just pulled a stupid in Salt Lake. Intentionally tripped the ref. See you in 3 games dude.

I just witnessed the dumbest thing I've ever seen on a basketball court. OSU player made a great play to rip the ball from Poeltl, chased it down, and got it to his guard in the backcourt. (Under 3 minutes to play, tie game.)

So what does the dumbass do?

Intentionally sticks his leg out to trip the official, draws a flagrant 2, and fouls out on the play to boot.

That's a special level of dumb.

Suspended a minimum of four games. Can be more.

Suspended a minimum of four games. Can be more.
Watched the video of the play.

First time I saw it I thought that Reid might have just stuck his foot out to try to get up.

The more I see it the more clearly it was an intentional trip. He looked right at Nunez and he wasn't planting the foot, it was up in perfect position trip.

Then he tried to act like it wasn't on purpose after the T was called.

Didn't realize the official was Tommy Nunez Jr. His dad was a long time NBA ref and Jr. was an NBA ref who was fired in 2012 for sucking. He was one of the refs in the "Malice in the Palace" game. He prolly deserved getting tripped.

Nicholls lost.

But as I posted in the Top 25 thread, that Duke loss dropped them to 32 and also had a negative impact on another team (Louisville, I think). Buffs quickly moved from #24 to #22.

Hampton remains undefeated in conference play with the road win. Creeps up the RPI by 4 more spots to #191.

Two huge games on tap for Tuesday night:

Alabama (10-6) at Auburn (8-8) - 7:00, SECN... Hopefully playing a rivalry game will eliminate any chance for a letdown after the Kentucky win. Auburn's a 2.5 point dog, though.

Houston (13-4) at SMU (17-0) - 7:00, ESPNU... One of the toughest tests on the schedule in SMU's quest to go undefeated. Favored by 13 and should win at home, though.

Hopefully the fact it's Alabma can lead Auburn to avoid a post-Kentucky hangover. That UK win has hand handed Auburn a chance to salvage their season, hopefully they take it. Alabama's RPI is 42, so it's a big opportunity for Auburn to take another nice jump with a win. They'd be near 70 with a win. The Tide have been pretty good at times -- they've handed South Carolina their only loss, beat Notre Dame, beat Clemson, barely lost to Oregon.

Didn't realize the official was Tommy Nunez Jr. His dad was a long time NBA ref and Jr. was an NBA ref who was fired in 2012 for sucking. He was one of the refs in the "Malice in the Palace" game. He prolly deserved getting tripped.
Was also a dandy PG in high school on a ridiculous team and a better shortstop. Phoenix St Mary's circa 1978?

East coast bias is alive and well. I hate looking at the rankings each week to see the traditional elite teams get a pass for losses as compared to the quality teams in the West. To me the bias is blatant. Notice Louiville, Kentucky and Duke to name a few. If CU had those resumes we're not sniffing votes.

I still think a .500 record in conference gets us in the tournament. If you factor in a disappointing loss or two at home like maybe Cal and Arizona, this upcoming road trip is very important. I think the L.A. road trip might be a difficult one.

I'm always afraid when we go on the road that we will have those horrible games where we can't buy a basket and go 5 minute stretches without scoring.

Critical road trip here. Need to come home 5-2. I'm not interested in being "in the mix" in the Pac 12. I want to win it. It's there for us to take.

East coast bias is alive and well. I hate looking at the rankings each week to see the traditional elite teams get a pass for losses as compared to the quality teams in the West. To me the bias is blatant. Notice Louiville, Kentucky and Duke to name a few. If CU had those resumes we're not sniffing votes.

Pretty hard to argue with that considering CU pretty much has an equivalent or superior resume to Louisville's:

CU: 13-4 overall, 1-2 vs. top 25 RPI, 3-4 vs. top 50, 6-4 vs. top 100. Best win: home vs. Oregon, #6 RPI Worst loss: away vs. Cal, #47 RPI
Lville: 14-3 overall, 1-2 vs. top 25, 1-2 vs. top 50, 2-3 vs. top 100. Best win: home vs. Pitt, #22 RPI. Worst loss: away vs. Clemson, #81 RPI

The main difference is that Louisville has won convincingly against pretty much everyone outside the top 100 that they've beat. CU has played down to competition.

Kentucky is weird as they've won all 4 of their games vs. top 50 competition, but have all their losses (4 in total) in the 51-100 range. They'll get the benefit of the doubt given their success in the recent past.

Duke also has a weaker resume against the top 100, but they've barely played anyone out of the top 150 (3 games in total) and have had a much bigger scoring margin than CU.

All said, the two that really chap my ass are Indiana and Butler. Butler's played 5 games against top 50 competition and is 1-4. All said, they only have 5 wins against the top 150, and 0 wins against the top 25. They are number 48 in RPI, yet they're 18 in the AP poll.

Indiana also has 0 wins against the top 25, and a bad loss to UNLV at home- you know, the team that fired their coach in favor of a guy who's previous job was a 1 year stint as a HS head coach? They do have a nice collection of 4 wins against the 51-100 set, but they've played the 200th most difficult schedule in the nation. They're 49th RPI, yet 25th in the AP poll.

Finally, what's really puzzling to me is how Oregon can be #6 in RPI, yet only get one vote in the coaches poll (none in the AP). East coast bias, indeed.

Watch Monmouth's RPI plummet the further we get into to conference play. Them getting in as an at-large is no sure thing. Here's one that gets me-South Carolina. Sure, they're 17-1.....but 0-1 against the RPI top 50 (Alabama). We've got three top 50 wins. Here's another-Kentucky. Sure they've got wins over Louisville, Duke, Alabama, and Arizona State (who somehow has a top 50 RPI). Not much more impressive than our three top 50 RPI wins (one of which was on the road. They also lost to Auburn (who we beat) in the same building, and they've got a loss to LSU (who has underachieved like none other). If you take the name off those jerseys, they're really not anything to write home about.

The two we really need to be pulling for are BYU and Auburn. Both have 60-80 RPIs as I write this.

My biggest observation is the OOC was probably weaker than what we all hoped, and we need to do more in conference as a result-CSU being as far down as they are hurts us (I'd be all for dropping them to play BYU after Krystowiak's "Colorado is our rival" comments yearly-you're getting another chance at what you know will be a quality win). That tournament field was weak other than SMU, but we knew that going in.

Sweep these next two weeks. Get a split in Oregon (would love to have a sweep of the Beavers-I don't know if we can win in Eugene). Sweep the Washingtons here. Find a way to split in LA-Toughest week of the year. USC is damn good, and Pauley is a house of horrors for us. Sweep the Arizona homestand. Do that, and we probably win the regular title even with a loss to Utah in SLC.

Watch Monmouth's RPI plummet the further we get into to conference play. Them getting in as an at-large is no sure thing. Here's one that gets me-South Carolina. Sure, they're 17-1.....but 0-1 against the RPI top 50 (Alabama). We've got three top 50 wins. Here's another-Kentucky. Sure they've got wins over Louisville, Duke, Alabama, and Arizona State (who somehow has a top 50 RPI). Not much more impressive than our three top 50 RPI wins (one of which was on the road. They also lost to Auburn (who we beat) in the same building, and they've got a loss to LSU (who has underachieved like none other). If you take the name off those jerseys, they're really not anything to write home about.

The two we really need to be pulling for are BYU and Auburn. Both have 60-80 RPIs as I write this.

My biggest observation is the OOC was probably weaker than what we all hoped, and we need to do more in conference as a result-CSU being as far down as they are hurts us (I'd be all for dropping them to play BYU after Krystowiak's "Colorado is our rival" comments yearly-you're getting another chance at what you know will be a quality win). That tournament field was weak other than SMU, but we knew that going in.

Sweep these next two weeks. Get a split in Oregon (would love to have a sweep of the Beavers-I don't know if we can win in Eugene). Sweep the Washingtons here. Find a way to split in LA-Toughest week of the year. USC is damn good, and Pauley is a house of horrors for us. Sweep the Arizona homestand. Do that, and we probably win the regular title even with a loss to Utah in SLC.

Take care of home court and get a split on the road and CU is looking at 23-8 (12-6). That record likely wins us the Pac-12 title and gets a 1 seed in Vegas.

Auburn just got a gift call and the makeup call didn't make up for it. Whew. Tigers look like they're gonna hold on. Couple nice wins for the rpi.

Auburn got the big win tonight over Alabama. Back up to #76 RPI. This game was horribly officiated. Teams took almost 70 combined FTs.

In addition to SMU and Auburn winning, they beat a couple of teams that could be / have been sitting on the bubble with CU in March. In Houston's case, a win at SMU could have put them in that conversation.

Back